Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

90 minutes until lynch. Get voting peeps :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    He’s a wolf. Killing him solves lots of questions potentially

No it doesnt. Either ewan or angus are wolves.

Ill be honest fiona you look like the last wolf desperately trying to keep angus alive for some reason

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Dunno tbh, are we gonna try to have me and Angus peek tonight (technically Saturday night, but whatever)?

I'm happy to take village guidance on this. I'm assuming that there's probably one more wolf apart from Vernon and Angus, so chances are it'll be a villager peeked (depending on whether Cujo allows it).

I nominate fiona.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I'm also very wary of Eva apparently helping the village by outing Flagg. Would a lone SK really do that? I'm concerned there were ulterior motives behind it that we haven't seen yet

I was trying to work that one out... Why did He come out? I don’t get it. I don’t remember Eva being seriously targeted...

I’m still a bit miffed about Liam’s connection to that. Why was I the only person talking about the fact that Liam and Eva were both posting erratically? It’s like I’m the only one seeing it or nobody really thinks it matters.... I mean people get lynched for saying something wolfy and nobody thinks there is something uo with an SK committing suicide and another player using the same sort of language...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Look, I get people are sceptical of me, I'm going down on the basis of false peek but sure it is what it is. I've fought my corner all day but there is more going on.

Reading back the whole interaction between Eva and Wendy is pretty brazen communication strategy between teams.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

quickbeam wrote: »
    90 minutes until lynch. Get voting peeps :)

Right, I'm planning on voting for Angus. I don't know what wolf role he has, but it's very possible he's Cujo.

Vernon = wolf seer
    Gertrude = Flagg (alpha)
    Katie = wolf priest, according to Wendy.

So the remaining wolf roles are Cujo and Annie Wilkes. It's possible, since the wolves haven't had an extra kill yet since Doris died, that Annie is already dead (presumably one of the early deaths).

So, I think there's a better than 50% chance that Angus is Cujo. Lynching Cujo would obviously be useful for the village. The wolf seer doesn't really have many useful roles to peek at this point.

HOWEVER, if the consensus is that we go for Vernon I'll do that, I don't want it to look like I'm running away from a peek challenge with Angus.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    I was trying to work that one out... Why did He come out? I don’t get it. I don’t remember Eva being seriously targeted...

I’m still a bit miffed about Liam’s connection to that. Why was I the only person talking about the fact that Liam and Eva were both posting erratically? It’s like I’m the only one seeing it or nobody really thinks it matters.... I mean people get lynched for saying something wolfy and nobody thinks there is something uo with an SK committing suicide and another player using the same sort of language...

Given the fact that Eva/Nigel/Pennywise whoever it was claimed they were jumping around the place, I thought it was an effect of being possessed (I can't remember was Eva acting funny before, during or after Liam). So I thought Penny had jumped from one to another

But now Eva is dead, and seemingly the whole SK team is, so idk. If we got an SK kill today, I'd have said Liam was still possessed by Penny, and like you said he stopped posting strange, so idk

Given the fact that Eva/Nigel/Pennywise whoever it was claimed they were jumping around the place, I thought it was an effect of being possessed (I can't remember was Eva acting funny before, during or after Liam). So I thought Penny had jumped from one to another

But now Eva is dead, and seemingly the whole SK team is, so idk. If we got an SK kill today, I'd have said Liam was still possessed by Penny, and like you said he stopped posting strange, so idk

Liam stopped posting strange when somebody told him his name...

It was coinciding with Eva’s funny posting. I felt as though there was a very similar pattern , could it be that IT moving bodies had the same affect as a spell on Liam? I just can’t work out the play or mechanics involved...

If there wasn’t so much drama and things to focus on Liam would of been grilled about it...

Leland Gaunt (Needful Things): Twisted and deranged owner of Needful Things. Gaunt can use his bag of tricks once every second night to peek into the very soul of the player of his choice....

Synopsis of character in imdb: When Leland Gaunt opens the store Needful Things, he seems to have the object of desire for each dweller. He charges small amounts to the things but requests a practical joke for each of them against another inhabitant. Soon hell breaks loose in town with deaths, violence and riot and Sheriff Pangborn discovers that Leland Gaunt is the devil himself. Further, Gaunt is manipulating the population like puppets exploring the weakness and greed of each person.

I do know much about this story but could Leylans of chosen two people (Eva and Liam) to manipulate?

That would mean Eva and Gertie weren’t wolves and Eva might not even of been bad. Could Cujo of used his power on Gertie to prevent a sk kill this morning with Gertie dieing this afternoon it would look like Eva was the sk?!!

Just remember I'm lynched on the basis of a false peek. It's been beautiful. I wanna vote Ewan/Wendy as goodbye vote or do you guys have another preference? I ain't allowed vote for myself

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Just remember I'm lynched on the basis of a false peek. It's been beautiful. I wanna vote Ewan/Wendy as goodbye vote or do you guys have another preference? I ain't allowed vote for myself

You are prob fine tonight anyway.....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    No it doesnt. Either ewan or angus are wolves.

Ill be honest fiona you look like the last wolf desperately trying to keep angus alive for some reason

Yes it does, ewan and Vernon have both been named as the same wolf. Knowing who is that wolf solves the problem. Killing ewan solves it while giving us a second check on a peek off. Even if wolves can peek tonight cujo can’t block twice. Thanks for spelling that out to the wolves though

Leland Gaunt (Needful Things): Twisted and deranged owner of Needful Things. Gaunt can use his bag of tricks once every second night to peek into the very soul of the player of his choice....

Synopsis of character in imdb: When Leland Gaunt opens the store Needful Things, he seems to have the object of desire for each dweller. He charges small amounts to the things but requests a practical joke for each of them against another inhabitant. Soon hell breaks loose in town with deaths, violence and riot and Sheriff Pangborn discovers that Leland Gaunt is the devil himself. Further, Gaunt is manipulating the population like puppets exploring the weakness and greed of each person.

I do know much about this story but could Leylans of chosen two people (Eva and Liam) to manipulate?

That would mean Eva and Gertie weren’t wolves and Eva might not even of been bad. Could Cujo of used his power on Gertie to prevent a sk kill this morning with Gertie dieing this afternoon it would look like Eva was the sk?!!

:confused: I peeked Gertrude as Randall Flagg.

Also, for Leland Gaunt to be the wolf seer AND a mind controller seems seriously over-powered.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

No idea, I'm not too familiar with the source material myself either tbh. The thought did cross my mind that the OP might not have the full description for every role, but I'd rather keep my reasoning for that under wraps for now

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Yes it does, ewan and Vernon have both been named as the same wolf. Knowing who is that wolf solves the problem. Killing ewan solves it while giving us a second check on a peek off. Even if wolves can peek tonight cujo can’t block twice. Thanks for spelling that out to the wolves though

What does killing me solve?

:confused: I peeked Gertrude as Randall Flagg.

Also, for Leland Gaunt to be the wolf seer AND a mind controller seems seriously over-powered.

I’m wondering if he isn’t a seer but a sorcerer or something like that. It doesn’t say in OP he’s a seer...

I’m only playing stuff out ewan from all Angles ... Due diligence so to speak....

No idea, I'm not too familiar with the source material myself either tbh. The thought did cross my mind that the OP might not have the full description for every role, but I'd rather keep my reasoning for that under wraps for now

It’s only a theory but if powers were used to kill Eva and possibly Liam then it was supposedly angus who broke the spell!!!!
    Angus WW wrote: »
    You are Jessie Burlingame.

Followed by
    Liam WW wrote: »
    Yeeeeesssssss

Not a very wolfy act is it?

I’m wondering if he isn’t a seer but a sorcerer or something like that. It doesn’t say in OP he’s a seer...

I’m only playing stuff out ewan from all Angles ... Due diligence so to speak....

Fair enough, but I think the OP is, not totally clear, but pretty clear on it.

And what the mods told me when I am peeked him was:

'Vernon is Leland Gaunt, the Wolf Seer'

So that's my input :D

You are prob fine tonight anyway.....

Well it's me or Angus looking at the thread and tbh I'm kinda done at this stage. I've been on all day, said my piece and gave everyone an opportunity to question me, responded to everything I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Come on folks, we know it's late but there are rules to be followed. Not voting or meeting the minimum post requirements will result in a visit from Jack Torrance, and no one wants that. Just ask Conor.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, but I think the OP is, not totally clear, but pretty clear on it.

And what the mods told me when I am peeked him was:

'Vernon is Leland Gaunt, the Wolf Seer'

So that's my input :D

I understand what you are saying... I’m trying to make sense of an SK committing suicide and an active villager/wolf who spoke in the same Crazy tone for the day.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I've said before one of my main issues with Angus is the peek of Ewan. What the deuce was that for?

That seems to me like someone who didn't actually have a peek and didn't want to guess at something for a villager as they could be easily disproven and didn't want to say anything about a fellow wolf.

Yes, clearly something was a bit weird but what can we really do about it? It has stopped and Eva is now dead, called by Wendy as the shapeshifter. I'd imagine Eva had something to do with Liam yesterday, but that's just a guess really.

But the SKs are dead now so does that matter?

Liam not admitting the peek on him was correct for ages was also odd.

Who am I voting for? I dunno peek off will be fun, hopefully I can observe from the dead room :)

Isla WW wrote: »
    I've said before one of my main issues with Angus is the peek of Ewan. What the deuce was that for?

That seems to me like someone who didn't actually have a peek and didn't want to guess at something for a villager as they could be easily disproven and didn't want to say anything about a fellow wolf.

Maybe he Panicked?

Listen I don’t know if angus or ewan are telling the truth but I think it’s imperative we make sure we get the right person.

I’m just not sure I’m ready to condemn either to be honest. The voting should be interesting.

I’m still unconfirmed and I imagine there are people in the back room screaming at me if angus and Vernon are bad.... I suppose I just think a lot happened yesteray and it was perfect for the wolves to f^*k up our sh*t...

I was Only asking people why they were supporting one person over another to make us all think and review why we are targeting certain people. It’s easy for a village to get tunnel vision.

I’m genuinely no closer to knowing who is bad/good.

I mean is there any chance that leylands powers are more devious then getting names of the dead?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

evening

Maybe he did panic, but that seems very unlikely to me. It's not like he had to make a decision in half an hour or so. There had been the counter claim all day.

I think you're doing the right thing making sure everyone thinks about it and maybe I am tunnelling Angus. But his play doesn't add up to me.

Who are you voting for Phil?

Isla WW wrote: »
    Yes, clearly something was a bit weird but what can we really do about it? It has stopped and Eva is now dead, called by Wendy as the shapeshifter. I'd imagine Eva had something to do with Liam yesterday, but that's just a guess really.

But the SKs are dead now so does that matter?

I suppose it matters cause Liam was acting in a practically identical erratic behavior as Eva and we don’t know why... Liam can’t or won’t tell us. Is that not a red flag to you?

Oh and as Vernon said:
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    Liam not admitting the peek on him was correct for ages was also odd.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

What does killing me solve?

I don’t want to kill you

• Advertisement

I suppose it matters cause Liam was acting in a practically identical erratic behavior as Eva and we don’t know why... Liam can’t or won’t tell us. Is that not a red flag to you?

Oh and as Vernon said:

Yeah, I can't say I understand it. Liam acting in an identical manner to Eva suggests it was something to do with Eva who is now dead, as are the SKs it would seem.

So Liam's reluctance to confirm doesn't bother me that much. Something may have been preventing him.

Advertisement