Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    K im beginning to buy in :D

So why would wolves keep me alive ? Im a nothing villager and killing me might make me a martyr ? Add credibility to my theory . .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

If we still have a BG they must remain hidden unless under extreme threat of being lynched - they are the only ones who can save the POE.

GG Mary, I wish it was me

I have accused Ewan, Liam and Fiona of concocting a plan and take a look at their defence thus far folks . . Taking time to work out a strategy maybe ? Not one of them has put forward a decent defence since I started posting this theory on Saturday night . .

They hoped I would go away and Liam kept taunting me. They thought they were bulletproof and didn't need to explain themselves because explaining could lead to mistakes .

Why would villagers not want to at least distance themselves from this ? Days they have had to clarify it , not just this morning. . But they went with "liam you wind up Phil and he will look mad" approach . . Perfect, discredit me . . And now Ewan is still alive .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Surely bg would have protected themselves tonight after seer last night?

I don’t think the Bg can protect itself

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Barbara WW - Claims Bill Denborough
    Brendan WW -
    Clodagh WW - Claims Mike Hanlon (member of Loser Club)
    Ewan WW - Claim seer day 4 after just after Wendy claim App Priest
    Fiona WW - Larry Underwood, Citizen of Derry (according to Ewan)
    Isla WW - Claims Carrie
    Liam WW - Claims Jessie Burlingame (peeked by Angus and Ewan)
    Riona WW - Claimed Time Traveller role -can prove village by reversing lynch
    Frank WW -
    Phil WW - Claims NRV (I think)

Have Frank or Brendan claimed anything?

• Advertisement

Isla WW wrote: »
    Barbara WW - Claims Bill Denborough
    Brendan WW -
    Clodagh WW - Claims Mike Hanlon (member of Loser Club)
    Ewan WW - Claim seer day 4 after just after Wendy claim App Priest
    Fiona WW - Larry Underwood, Citizen of Derry (according to Ewan)
    Isla WW - Claims Carrie
    Liam WW - Claims Jessie Burlingame (peeked by Angus and Ewan)
    Riona WW - Claimed Time Traveller role -can prove village by reversing lynch
    Frank WW -
    Phil WW - Claims NRV (I think)

Have Frank or Brendan claimed anything?

Not that I can remember . .

My only suspicion of Brendan is a sleeper wolf.

That is, the one wolf who remains away from the pack to look credible. But I think he has at least tried to get some information together . . If he is a wolf , hes definitely the brains . .:D

My preference is Liam, Ewan (see who he peaks tonight for the crack) and then Fiona unless some better theory comes along . .

Phil WW wrote: »
    Unless Wendy was "the drunk seer" as Brendan put it . . Or could she of been the bad priest ?

Wendy was given her powers when Conor died. Her role wasn't in OP.

Wendy given the role of bad priest is a possibility but would they design it so that the bad priest was told the bad seer died, when actually the good seer died? I'm more inclined to believe that she was just a standard apprentice priest than they deliberately told her the opposite seer role. If they were to give her the wrong names they would have had to pair everyone up with another, which would work because excluding her there would be 29 people. Although maybe they discounted the original priest and paired up the remaining 28. So they pair the seven evil people up with seven goodies and then have to pair up the remaining ones too, seems a bit of a stretch Phil.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lynch Form is open.

Lynch form

Also guys if we are going to leave Ewan alive tonight, after Liams Lynch, we wait until after 9 to pick his "peek". He should get the answer quickly (like he said) and it gives wolves less time to devise a plan . .

Not that I can remember . .

My only suspicion of Brendan is a sleeper wolf.

That is, the one wolf who remains away from the pack to look credible. But I think he has at least tried to get some information together . . If he is a wolf , hes definitely the brains . .:D

My preference is Liam, Ewan (see who he peaks tonight for the crack) and then Fiona unless some better theory comes along . .

Some better theory coming along, as judged by you?

Because it looks very much to me as if you've been banging this drum for the last couple of days and then to make it look more plausible you've not munched Ewan this morning.

It may be a risky play but Ewan peeking you isn't really a risk to your strategy because you are claiming he's a wolf. Him peeking you doesn't change your position at all really.

If you are three down it is the sort of play you'd really have to make with Ewan (if he's the seer) removing all the places to hide.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Phil all of your connections as you say, can't be correct. There'd be too many wolves.yourmad if you think two wolves claimed to be a seer and, not totally mad, but not far off especially if you don't believe Wendy was an app priest.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

If there is a non revealed wolf they can come out as BG which I suppose would force the real BG out. If Mary was BG this wolf could coast to the end . . We have to be very cautious on this .

Phil

I realize your theory has any clearer villager as a wolf. I get why too, this game takes you down a rabbit hole very easily- I’ve been there a few times. Only thing I can suggest, and I don’t expect you to accept it, is that 99% of the time in this game Occam’s razor applies. The more complex a theory you need to create to get your wolves the less likely it is to hold.

Under your theory, Wendy, Liam, ewan and I need to be wolves. Mary can’t be any more as she was munched (Wendy can’t be either unless wolves kill their own but she has to be for the theory to work). That leaves one other.. even if ewan was the wolf seer, I think (and please check this) that the numbers would work that the peek was last night. So, I’m going to suggest that the wolves are killing among the known good because they have to at this stage: in my view of what’s happening they have to because there is only one wolf left. I realize that you’re immediate reaction is likely to be that that’s very convenient, but please give it some thought.

In my view of the world, we have another peek from the seer. That’s a bonus that I’d like to use well. I’m going to suggest that the village decides who should be peeked today. I’ll give my view, frank, but I won’t have that counted in the votes since you don’t trust me here. I’d ask ewan to not vote also. I’m doing as much as I can here to let you cover all the angles: that may look like pocketing but tbh it’s not.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Phil

I realize your theory has any clearer villager as a wolf. I get why too, this game takes you down a rabbit hole very easily- I’ve been there a few times. Only thing I can suggest, and I don’t expect you to accept it, is that 99% of the time in this game Occam’s razor applies. The more complex a theory you need to create to get your wolves the less likely it is to hold.

Under your theory, Wendy, Liam, ewan and I need to be wolves. Mary can’t be any more as she was munched (Wendy can’t be either unless wolves kill their own but she has to be for the theory to work). That leaves one other.. even if ewan was the wolf seer, I think (and please check this) that the numbers would work that the peek was last night. So, I’m going to suggest that the wolves are killing among the known good because they have to at this stage: in my view of what’s happening they have to because there is only one wolf left. I realize that you’re immediate reaction is likely to be that that’s very convenient, but please give it some thought.

In my view of the world, we have another peek from the seer. That’s a bonus that I’d like to use well. I’m going to suggest that the village decides who should be peeked today. I’ll give my view, frank, but I won’t have that counted in the votes since you don’t trust me here. I’d ask ewan to not vote also. I’m doing as much as I can here to let you cover all the angles: that may look like pocketing but tbh it’s not.

Fully agree here. For me it's Frank as a low posting wolf or there is a chance that Phil has played the role of a pretend extremely helpful engaged villager to perfection. I'm not sure on that, it's that or he has just got so completely deep into the rabbit hole that he's lost the plot completely.

Wendy given the role of bad priest is a possibility but would they design it so that the bad priest was told the bad seer died, when actually the good seer died? I'm more inclined to believe that she was just a standard apprentice priest than they deliberately told her the opposite seer role. If they were to give her the wrong names they would have had to pair everyone up with another, which would work because excluding her there would be 29 people. Although maybe they discounted the original priest and paired up the remaining 28. So they pair the seven evil people up with seven goodies and then have to pair up the remaining ones too, seems a bit of a stretch Phil.

I cant work out Wendy's role exactly (maybe Brendan can help). . So instead of getting hung up on that , lets look at Ewan in isolation.

How is Ewan good ? What evidence do we have that shows him as good ?

- Seer survives 4 baddy kills

- Clears only characters not in op there are only 7 of them out of 30. At the start of the game that's less then 24% chance that a seer would peak one of them let alone 3 (odds on that are prob close to winning lotto). This gets proportionately lower if we accept some of the people Brendan mentioned (think it was dead people viewed who had roles not in OP)

- Seer who outed Doris, a good villager who ended up giving the wolves an extra kill

- Interesting that mary (who just died) actually outed her own character. So he didn't guess
    peak mary, she already came out on thread . . She was the one innocent who could add weight to Ewans reveal

The biggest problem I find it that, Phil's theories are way out and don't add up, whether he's a genuine trying to be helpful villager or a trickster wolf, but no other theories are being discussed.

I'm on my phone at the moment, but could someone kindly post the remaining play list. I gather in terms of actual roles, the only two claims left on the table are Isla as Carrie and Ewan as good seer?

I cant work out Wendy's role exactly (maybe Brendan can help). . So instead of getting hung up on that , lets look at Ewan in isolation.

- Clears only characters not in op there are only 7 of them out of 30. At the start of the game that's less then 24% chance that a seer would peak one of them let alone 3 (odds on that are prob close to winning lotto). This gets proportionately lower if we accept some of the people Brendan mentioned (think it was dead people viewed who had roles not in OP)

- Seer who outed Doris, a good villager who ended up giving the wolves an extra kill

- Interesting that mary (who just died) actually outed her own character. So he didn't guess
    peak mary, she already came out on thread . . She was the one innocent who could add weight to Ewans reveal

Ewan is also dead correct on his peek of me.

However, that information has been plastered on the the thread for the last few days, so it was a stupid play to peek me and a waste tbh. Though of course Phil it was you who insisted on that.

Ewan then peeked Fiona and Fiona has confirmed her role.

Ewan could be playing us, along with Fiona, but at this stage for good or ill I'm prepared to back that horse for now.

Some better theory coming along, as judged by you?

Because it looks very much to me as if you've been banging this drum for the last couple of days and then to make it look more plausible you've not munched Ewan this morning.

It may be a risky play but Ewan peeking you isn't really a risk to your strategy because you are claiming he's a wolf. Him peeking you doesn't change your position at all really.

If you are three down it is the sort of play you'd really have to make with Ewan (if he's the seer) removing all the places to hide.
    Liam WW wrote: »
    Phil all of your connections as you say, can't be correct. There'd be too many wolves.yourmad if you think two wolves claimed to be a seer and, not totally mad, but not far off especially if you don't believe Wendy was an app priest.
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    Phil

Fully agree here. For me it's Frank as a low posting wolf or there is a chance that Phil has played the role of a pretend extremely helpful engaged villager to perfection. I'm not sure on that, it's that or he has just got so completely deep into the rabbit hole that he's lost the plot completely.

Ah, finally the wolves are out to play . After days of ignoring me and just trying to make me look mad, they are forced to defend Ewan and bring the focus on me.

Liam you have offered absolutely nothing in your defence. Your only defence has been to try and discredit me and fall back on "two seers cleared" . That is literally it . . If other villagers don't want to explore that then im giving up on you . .

I said my theories weren't complete and have shown why Mary munched. I thought Ewan had cleared her but he didn't. She came out on thread and Ewan used that piece of information to pocket a goody . .

Isla, didn't you come out as Carrie ? the most bulletproof role in the game . . Nobody wants to kill carrie if her death means that whoever voted last dies . .

So that potentially leaves Fiona, Ewan, Liam and maybe Isla . . If Angus was good, Liam could be a wolf who peaks good. If Angus is bad hes the sacrificed wolf who was about to be lynched anyways . .

There are holes in my theories because I don't have a team working with me. The village has generally left me to try and figure things out myself. I don't mind dieing at this stage cause I sort of feel like im the only one trying to figure it out . .

We only. Know Mary was innocent because she was munched. You don't belive Wendy, yet she was munched also. Strange hypothesis.

Wolves aren't going to munch me until you are dead I'd say, cos your wild theories leave enough confusion, that or you are, in fact a wolf.

Hi Phil, I'm Jessie Burlingame. Nice to meet you.

Ah, finally the wolves are out to play . After days of ignoring me and just trying to make me look mad, they are forced to defend Ewan and bring the focus on me.

Liam you have offered absolutely nothing in your defence. Your only defence has been to try and discredit me and fall back on "two seers cleared" . That is literally it . . If other villagers don't want to explore that then im giving up on you . .

I said my theories weren't complete and have shown why Mary munched. I thought Ewan had cleared her but he didn't. She came out on thread and Ewan used that piece of information to pocket a goody . .

Isla, didn't you come out as Carrie ? the most bulletproof role in the game . . Nobody wants to kill carrie if her death means that whoever voted last dies . .

So that potentially leaves Fiona, Ewan, Liam and maybe Isla . . If Angus was good, Liam could be a wolf who peaks good. If Angus is bad hes the sacrificed wolf who was about to be lynched anyways . .

There are holes in my theories because I don't have a team working with me. The village has generally left me to try and figure things out myself. I don't mind dieing at this stage cause I sort of feel like im the only one trying to figure it out . .

If both seers were on the bad team, Fiona is bad, I'm bad. That's four. How many other baddies have you theorised? It doesn't add up.

• Advertisement

Ewan is also dead correct on his peek of me.

However, that information has been plastered on the the thread for the last few days, so it was a stupid play to peek me and a waste tbh. Though of course Phil it was you who insisted on that.

Ewan then peeked Fiona and Fiona has confirmed her role.

Ewan could be playing us, along with Fiona, but at this stage for good or ill I'm prepared to back that horse for now.

You are a wolf or a stupid villager messing around . . Either way I know my job would be easier looking into people if you weren't around . .

You have no defence and provided nothing to answer most of my accusations. don't bother asking me what they are because ive posted more then enough and you have had more then enough time to address them. You have countered with fluff, waffle and taunts . .

If other villagers don't get involved and start doing some work I will leave you guys to it. I cant spend the next few days working on my own . .

I want you lynched tonight. Hear Ewans peek and lynch him tomorrow. If I am alive , I will look deeper into Isla and Fiona to put together a more comprehensive list of information that the village will prog ignore . .

None of you properly addressed my posts over the last 2 days. The only things you did were try and make me look mad and shoot holes in my theories instead of looking at it from both angles.

Only now have you guys decided to address my posts because some villagers are beginning to take me seriously . .

I don't think any villager thinks I am a wolf but right now discrediting me is the best wolf play. If they kill me tomorrow the wolves can even throw one wolf to the crowds if needs be to discredit me. .

Tonight's peek is key to this game IMO. I still can't say for 100% certainty that Ewan and Fiona are on the same team. Fiona might well be the nrv that Ewan claimed but Ewan might be getting that information as a bad seer. If he is bad seer tonight's peek result can only be a guess. We therefore need to choose carefully who the peek should be so that the peeked player can confirm the result.

Hi Phil, I'm Jessie Burlingame. Nice to meet you.

Why where you adamant that Angus was bad ?

You are a wolf or a stupid villager messing around . . Either way I know my job would be easier looking into people if you weren't around . .

You have no defence and provided nothing to answer most of my accusations. don't bother asking me what they are because ive posted more then enough and you have had more then enough time to address them. You have countered with fluff, waffle and taunts . .

If other villagers don't get involved and start doing some work I will leave you guys to it. I cant spend the next few days working on my own . .

I want you lynched tonight. Hear Ewans peek and lynch him tomorrow. If I am alive , I will look deeper into Isla and Fiona to put together a more comprehensive list of information that the village will prog ignore . .

None of you properly addressed my posts over the last 2 days. The only things you did were try and make me look mad and shoot holes in my theories instead of looking at it from both angles.

Only now have you guys decided to address my posts because some villagers are beginning to take me seriously . .

I don't think any villager thinks I am a wolf but right now discrediting me is the best wolf play. If they kill me tomorrow the wolves can even throw one wolf to the crowds if needs be to discredit me. .

Nice opinion, but your attitude stinks.

Why where you adamant that Angus was bad ?

Partially because I refused to confirm his peek and I'd have expected a greater reaction from that from the good seer. The bad seer (or a wolf using the bad seer's info) would have been more likely to have a controlled response. Angus' response was very controlled. This mainly made me feel that he was on the bad side.

Nice opinion, but your attitude stinks.

Ha, my attitude . . From the supposed "bored" villager who spent most the game "taunting" another villager , including the least helpful "tactics" when the SK was revealing themselves on thread. .

You keep thrown mud and making inaccurate statements and not addressing any of the points I made on you. I don't buy the "bored" villager and I wont insult you again by saying why . .

Was it Vernon's death or steakhead's that occurred when Wendance was seemingly cuntjoed? I cant remember and finding anytging on the phone is a nightmare.

Ha, my attitude . . From the supposed "bored" villager who spent most the game "taunting" another villager , including the least helpful "tactics" when the SK was revealing themselves on thread. .

You keep thrown mud and making inaccurate statements and not addressing any of the points I made on you. I don't buy the "bored" villager and I wont insult you again by saying why . .

You say I am bored villager like you've some special power to determine that.

Blah.

And the drums they went a rat a tat tat.

If I had bullets you'd be dead by now, oh eternally victimised one.

Partially because I refused to confirm his peek and I'd have expected a greater reaction from that from the good seer. The bad seer (or a wolf using the bad seer's info) would have been more likely to have a controlled response. Angus' response was very controlled. This mainly made me feel that he was on the bad side.

That's, a very weak reason for going in really hard against the Seer. I mean if this was your main reason for wanting to kill the only person who had come out as our seer at the time, its not an awful lot for what could constitute the actual seer being killed . . Angus was the one person who actually confirmed you and you let him hang and literally pushed for it . .

So how could that mean you are bad ? Well I suppose if you were a villain who peeked as good ? You wouldn't be the first . .

Like I said Liam, I think most villagers trust me and see I have been trying to do my best in the dark. You have no credibility and your behavours at best have hindered me in my work . .

• Advertisement

Ps I'll say it for the third day in a row, you and me exchanging posts back and forth for the day unhelpful to the village.
    If you persist in this taunting I'm going to assume you're intentionally creating noise to confuse the village,and therfore are a wolf.

Advertisement