Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Phil I asked you questions about your theory which you didn't answer. You just had a go at me for not engaging in the plus side of your theory.

Im not answering any of your questions Isla. You didn't bother until I went for ewan so your not interested in discussing it . . .

I want to be up against You, Liam or Ewan tonight . .

As I said, I would prefer Liam but people vote for whoever they want . .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    We don't know if Angus was good or bad . . If he was bad he has outed you somehow and Liam . . Ironic that you two are the ones going at me this morning . Also odd that it wasn't in the village interest for Carrie to be out in public . .

The biggest defence you and Liam have is that Angus outed you guys and "two seers trust you". . And yet you all think Angus was bad . . So if he was bad, there is a good chance you guys are bad . . That's simple maths . .

You being outed gave you a pass until the end of the game.

Liam being out as a good villager with no mention in OP wouldn't be challenged

Ewan coming out as seer sacrificed Angus for the greater good. He was dead already because he came out when he looked like being the nights lynch candidate.

There is so much questions about you, Liam and Ewan its not funny . . But since I am the only one asking it I want to be on the lynch form tonight . I don't want to spend days working on my own on this . . I want to face off one of Liam, Ewan or Isla . . Preferably Liam so the village can get another B*ll**** reveal from Ewan . .

Yes, Angus outed me. At least you've acknowledged that, although it took a while. That's not a defence Phil. That's what happened. You can theorise that it was part of an evil team plan if you want, but me saying Angus outed me isn't a defence. It's just true. You said I shouldn't have claimed the role and it was in the interests of the village for me to stay silent. I was staying silent until Angus came along. Did you see what I was trying to do with Clodagh and pretending to be the seer?

So Angus is bad = myself, Ewan and Liam are bad? Excellent maths Phil. Good grief.

Im not answering any of your questions Isla. You didn't bother until I went for ewan so your not interested in discussing it . . .

I want to be up against You, Liam or Ewan tonight . .

As I said, I would prefer Liam but people vote for whoever they want . .

Okay, I started challenging you when I saw flaws in your theory. You're crying out for a villager to engage and when one asks about your theories you shut down the conversation.

I'm not calling you mad or saying your theories are crazy. I was asking questions, admittedly one aimed at poking holes in it, because I wanted to test its robustness. And frankly it hasn't stood up to much scrutiny. You've had your chances to convince me but you've decided not to answer my questions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Hey Phil, I get your talk on Liam and Ewan, if you look at your evidence it can be fairly compelling.

Isla is my issue, if Carrie was dead, we never got her revenge did we? At the risk of the rabbit hole there has only been one blocked kill and that was yesterdays munch. That was either BG protection or Coffey himself getting hit. Alternatively it could have been Carries revenge and the BG protected against it.

This is the most complex theory by a mile and I dont see how it happens that
    A) Carrie is dead but no revenge or
    B) no Counter claim on Isla

Also I'm not a fan of you putting yourself up to be raced, if there is a couple of wolves left I dont see you having the numbers and we've lynched a villager that is convenient to the wolves

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I've quickly read back the last few days and outside of Phil the last two days and Vernon a couple of days ago the village has been coasting by without much engagement or theories. I get it is rich coming from me!

Vernon and Angus both took their lynches well when reading back, particularly Angus. He didn't seem to bother posting for a few hours before his lynching.

Liam does that seem like odd behaviour to you? I seen you mentioning earlier Angus reaction to your indifference to being peeked didn't stack up with what you would have expected? Looking back with the benefit of hindsight your failure to confirm your role seems to have convinced the village to believing Ewans claim.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    I've quickly read back the last few days and outside of Phil the last two days and Vernon a couple of days ago the village has been coasting by without much engagement or theories. I get it is rich coming from me!

Vernon and Angus both took their lynches well when reading back, particularly Angus. He didn't seem to bother posting for a few hours before his lynching.

Liam does that seem like odd behaviour to you? I seen you mentioning earlier Angus reaction to your indifference to being peeked didn't stack up with what you would have expected? Looking back with the benefit of hindsight your failure to confirm your role seems to have convinced the village to believing Ewans claim.

Angus was cujo if you believe Wendy was the app priest. Wendy was defo good as she was munched.

Ewan is either the good seer or has access to the bad seer's info.
    Angus and Ewan both claimed to be seer at overlapping times. If both are wolves that is some ballsy play. Not impossible by any stretch but ballsy nonetheless.

Is it possible that the wolves killed our priest, had Wendy feign the role and the wolves then lynched one of their own (Wendy)?

Two troubling things about Ewan, the timing of his reveal made no sense and its not clear that he has been a target of the wolves.

Fair Phil. I'm not going to go and claim that you aren't trying to engage with me because you are looking for holes in the story, which is what you should be doing.

First things first and I feel I've said this quite a few times, I didn't just come out and claim Carrie. I've said this a number of times and you have ignored it. Angus outed me and I confirmed it.

True, there is no proof of the consequences of me being lynched or killed, just what I have told you. That is however in line with the role in general.

This next arguments assumes you are correct and I'm not Carrie by the way. I'd argue it's worse that she's hidden actually. Why would the wolves target an unknown villager at this point? They are probably going to go after people who have claimed. Whereas the villagers are more likely to lynch amongst the unknown. If the villagers lynch Carrie then if they are last to vote for her they die. So I think it would be worse for Carrie to stay hidden to be honest.

Also, clearly I'm not bulletproof if you are trying to argue I'm not Carrie and have come up with some reasonable points as to why I might not be her. Not all the points though I'd contend. So you are both trying to push me as being bulletproof and also trying to poke holes in the story. It can't be both Phil.

But yes, that is the approach I would like you to take. If you can identify notable holes in someone's theory that make the theory unlikely to be true you should certainly offer them up rather than go along with the theory when you know there are some structural issues to it.

Its funny you mentioned that red bit because it was a question I asked and you didn't bother answering it. Another villager thought it would be unlikely that a goodie role would kill goodies . .

This was my post at 7.08:
    Carrie White (Carrie): Should Carrie be killed by any means, she will have her revenge….

What would happen to the village if we lynched Carrie by accident?

Off the wall theory but could or would she theoretically have her revenge on anybody who voted for her by killing them?

Would be a superbly dark dynamic.

But if the baddies got control of our Carrie character (bag of tricks) couldn’t they try and get village to lynch Carrie and kill off a load of us?

I’m on the jacks expelling the promised turd so take what you will from this nugget...

Gertie answered:
    Carrie is listed in the villager section.

In worlds other than these, that usually meant that whichever wolf cast the kill vote was taken with, in this case, Carrie.

I don't see there being a plot there tbh.

Your next post was less then an hour later:
    Good grief, what a mess to come back to. I can't think of what is to gain for Eva coming out if she's the last of her team. Unless, she's fed up and knows the writing is on the wall.

Then to me there are three other explanations -
    1) Mind control, which seems unlikely
    2) There's another on team SK (and this is in some way a way of furthering their chances of winning)
    3) She's a wolf with some benefit to hiding another wolf or causing confusion

The getting fed up and having a go at the other team seems most plausible to me. I think she's evil so I'm probably voting for her.

And I questioned you role and you look like you at least had some grasp of events but didn't think of correcting me ?

You were in a comfortable position and didn't need to go into it back then so could ignore it. I wasn't pushing it just discussing it. . I find it interesting that its in your interest to make it look like Carrie would turn on the village when it suits the position you are now in .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Phil also asked for himself to be peeked. Ewan surely can make up his own mind and not rely on Phil to tell him who to peek.

Fine, he an peek him tonight if Phil actually wants that. There’s only a few possible outcomes

He’s spot on
    He’s wrong

If hes a wolf and claims Phil is a wolf then the village should have enough mislynches available to still win assuming Wendy, who was munched, was actually the apprentice priest

What do you say Phil?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Good god. That was a good reading I had to catch up with this morning. So we are questioning the fact Ewan may or may not be seer. I was really pushing to get peeked. The chances of any seer pretending to have peeked me and got my name right was very slim.

Could Ewan have played a blinder as a wolf pretending to be seer? Yes he could.

I think Isla is who she says she is.

Head is melted with the last four pages with you guys back and forth

Frank WW wrote: »
    Hey Phil, I get your talk on Liam and Ewan, if you look at your evidence it can be fairly compelling.

Isla is my issue, if Carrie was dead, we never got her revenge did we? At the risk of the rabbit hole there has only been one blocked kill and that was yesterdays munch. That was either BG protection or Coffey himself getting hit. Alternatively it could have been Carries revenge and the BG protected against it.

This is the most complex theory by a mile and I dont see how it happens that
    A) Carrie is dead but no revenge or
    B) no Counter claim on Isla

Also I'm not a fan of you putting yourself up to be raced, if there is a couple of wolves left I dont see you having the numbers and we've lynched a villager that is convenient to the wolves

Bear in mind, if you believe im a villager im working on my own and I don't have the facts. I am only trying to work with whats on thread . . Also ask yourself when I try to defend my posts or clarify what I think certain things, do I post links or thread numbers ? Do I back it up generally with a sound explanation of why I think a certain way ? Do I look like I have a plan ?

We don't know if Carrie's revenge is killing one person. I had thought that maybe carries revenge could of been multiple (Nigel/Eva) targets. Or maybe if It put in the kill for Carrie that both its lives were connected and the "spell" of crazy talk was both It characters ?

Also, there have been two protected munches. The BG may very well of been protecting a wolf who put in the order to kill carrie. Heres a theory. Carrie was Doris. Doris played along with the "I am Paul" theory in the villages interest. Wolves try to kill Doris for the extra lynch. BG believed Ewan and was protecting him. Doris was carrie and is killed. Ewan was wolf who put in order but was protected by BG so was the missed kill ?

Carrie might be alive hoping for wolves to munch her . . Remember they don't want to munch her so why would she come out ? She could watch Islas play and learn more . .

Again its a theory . .

• Advertisement

Also, there have been two protected munches. The BG may very well of been protecting a wolf who put in the order to kill carrie. Heres a theory. Carrie was Doris. Doris played along with the "I am Paul" theory in the villages interest. Wolves try to kill Doris for the extra lynch. BG believed Ewan and was protecting him. Doris was carrie and is killed. Ewan was wolf who put in order but was protected by BG so was the missed kill ?

Sorry, wolves didn't have extra kill I mean Doris was Carrie. Ewan put in order and BG protected Ewan . .

Bear in mind, if you believe im a villager im working on my own and I don't have the facts. I am only trying to work with whats on thread . . Also ask yourself when I try to defend my posts or clarify what I think certain things, do I post links or thread numbers ? Do I back it up generally with a sound explanation of why I think a certain way ? Do I look like I have a plan ?

We don't know if Carrie's revenge is killing one person. I had thought that maybe carries revenge could of been multiple (Nigel/Eva) targets. Or maybe if It put in the kill for Carrie that both its lives were connected and the "spell" of crazy talk was both It characters ?

Carrie might be alive hoping for wolves to munch her . . Remember they don't want to munch her so why would she come out ? She could watch Islas play and learn more . .

Again its a theory . .

Once again Phil, what do you say

Ewan peels you tonight

If he says you’re a wolf we lynch you both

If he gets it spot on you let us know

What do you say?

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Once again Phil, what do you say

Ewan peels you tonight

If he gets it spot on you let us know

What do you say?

No, I want to be lynched tonight . . Im fed up f**king around in here. I mean that . .

Why would you lynch Ewan if he says I am a wolf ?

You see I said this morning that the wolves best play is not to munch me but Lynch me and discredit me . . Who do the villagers think is trying to make sense of my posts and who do the village thinks are the posters just trying to shoot me down ?

No, I want to be lynched tonight . . Im fed up f**king around in here. I mean that . .

You see I said this morning that the wolves best play is not to munch me but Lynch me and discredit me . . Who do the villagers think is trying to make sense of my posts and who do the village thinks are the posters just trying to shoot me down ?

He says wolves best strategy is to lynch him.
    Wants to be lynched.

Face.

Meet

Palm.

Why all of a sudden dont you want to be peeked?

You asked to be peeked before you asked for Liam to be peeked!

I’m giving you an option that, if your a villager answers your question.

Why don’t you want to be peeked so?

Fiona our issue is that we don't have other theories on the table and I feel we need to do that.

It's probably best we put Phil in the corner for a few hours and reach a village concensus on a peek and lynch strategy.

Liam WW wrote: »
    He says wolves best strategy is to lynch him.
    Wants to be lynched.

Face.

Meet

Palm.

Good man Liam . . Helpful as always . .

If I have a choice I want to go up against you . .

In fact, I'm voting for you and demanding that villagers either vote for me or you . . Im not backing down until somebody comes up with a decent explanation for you and Ewan . . Isla is just a blow in but looks awfully suspicious considering her role . . But Im happy to focus on you and Ewan . .

Ive given the village more then enough evidence . Ive backed it up with links and explanations. . You haven't . . Ewan hasn't even bothered trying to defend himself . . No doubt will pop up sometime like he was busy, while you , Isla and Fiona spent the day basically picking my posts apart instead of actually asking questions on the most powerful player in the game (Ewan).

Considering I am a nobody, you could ignore me and prove Ewan is right . . But no, you guys keep at me as if I couldn't possibly be right . . Ewan is clearly a wolf and theres more then enough to back it up . . People choosing to just focus primarily on picking my story apart are suspects or complicite in the wolves plan .

Fiona our issue is that we don't have other theories on the table and I feel we need to do that.

It's probably best we put Phil in the corner for a few hours and reach a village concensus on a peek and lynch strategy.

Yeh, its prob best you do what I said I would do if I was a wolf . . Discredit me and just keep picking holes in what I say instead of actually seeing if there is any merit to my work . .

I want to go up against Liam tonight . .

We have a player who is actively creating new roles in the game to make their theory work

We have a player who is rewriting his theory as he goes for every piece of evidence that appears that doesn’t fit it

He asked to be peeked. Then he asked for you to be peeked and got it. I suggested exactly what he had asked for, and an outcome that either confirms him as a villager with exact details or else ends up lynching ewan and he said no

That’s not a villager playing for the village. **** that

What is your plan Fiona ? There is no logic to it .

Please do tell all your thoughts . .

• Advertisement

We have a player who is actively creating new roles in the game to make their theory work

We have a player who is rewriting his theory as he goes for every piece of evidence that appears that doesn’t fit it

He asked to be peeked. Then he asked for you to be peeked and got it. I suggested exactly what he had asked for, and an outcome that either confirms him as a villager with exact details or else ends up lynching ewan and he said no

Whether he's villager or not he's become a liability as I said this morning.

There's still too many quiet players though.

Barbara had a good post earlier that I'd like to look into a bit more. Frank IIRC was her top suspicion.

I'd like Frank or brabra to be peeked.

So its Fiona, Ewan and Liam who are potential wolves . . . . Not sure if Isla is just tunnel vision . .

What is your plan Fiona ? There is no logic to it .

Please do tell all your thoughts . .

My plan is exactly as I said

Ewan perks you

Either he gives you the exact answer
    Or

I absolutely believe there’s one wolf left. So my plan is exactly the offer I’ve made you. Are you up for it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

So its Fiona, Ewan and Liam who are potential wolves . . . . Not sure if Isla is just tunnel vision . .

Can you summarise your note for us?

Can you narrate a story with every point being one sentance as if your talking to a 5 year old.

Sorry i genuinely dont have time to go through all the quotes and posts.

Just 1 sentance for every point to tell a linear story of what you think has happened and where we are?

My plan is exactly as I said

Ewan perks you

Either he gives you the exact answer
    Or

I absolutely believe there’s one wolf left. So my plan is exactly the offer I’ve made you. Are you up for it?

Nope, not interested. . If wolves have a seer peak they know my role . .

I don't trust you. I don't trust Liam. I don't trust Ewan. Why would I go along with it ?

I am voting Liam . . I want the village to vote me or Liam . .

I find all this as confusing as... It is really hard to keep up with this level of back and forth on a phone.

I know who I will be voting later though.

Its funny you mentioned that red bit because it was a question I asked and you didn't bother answering it. Another villager thought it would be unlikely that a goodie role would kill goodies . .

This was my post at 7.08:

Gertie answered:

Your next post was less then an hour later:

And I questioned you role and you look like you at least had some grasp of events but didn't think of correcting me ?

You were in a comfortable position and didn't need to go into it back then so could ignore it. I wasn't pushing it just discussing it. . I find it interesting that its in your interest to make it look like Carrie would turn on the village when it suits the position you are now in .

I'm not making it look like anything Phil. I'm telling you what would happen. Let's say that I'm not Carrie. Is it in the wolves' interests to munch one of the unknowns?

Also, you are trying to make it look like that was a direct response to your question, which it clearly wasn't.

I am starting to think Ewan is at it.

The wolves had their own priest yeah? So it would be easy to slip into a role for them.

Really wish he had peeked the times I suggested

Nope, not interested. . If wolves have a seer peak they know my role . .

I don't trust you. I don't trust Liam. I don't trust Ewan. Why would I go along with it ?

I am voting Liam . . I want the village to vote me or Liam . .

You’re taking the piss mate, and not in a villager way

Only way you’d want to race a peeked villager, peeked by both competing seers, is if you needed to get rid of known goods.

Only way both competing seers are wolves on your narriative if if there’s a stack of extra wolves. You’ve invented a drunk seer at this point to make the narriative work

You can be peeked

Or you can race Liam

If you race Liam, I’ll be voting for you

Which is it to be?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

That took a lot longer to catch up on than I thought

Are going to have to start making Team Phil and Team Liam t-shirts?

Phil, for what it's worth, if you are a villager, you are doing more harm than good right now. You're just throwing out random theories and seeing what sticks. You keep saying that you'll stop focusing on Liam, but still do it. You keep saying you'll step away, but you don't. You keep asking to be lynched, which is never a good play for a villager

I was willing to believe you last night, but you are sounding more and more like a conspiracy theorist with every post

If Ewan survives the lynch, I think he should peek either me or Frank

Advertisement