Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    And what was Eva's original role? I mean she wasn't always pennywise, was she?

I think Eva claimed to have always been pennywise. Hard to know if thats true or not

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Im Jessica Burlingame and you've only yourself to blame. I've told you this all a million times. You can drop it any time you wish. You don't seem to want to though.

Drop what exactly ? You've been taunting me into your games all week and the village is happy to accept your contradictory excuse or believe you are just having the crack . So f**k the village for that . F**k it hard . .

Tell you what, if Villagers don't want to explore your taunting posts that ive highlighted multiple times and they want to just take your statements as fact , lets do that .

But that's for the game . .

If you are a villager, after the game is different. . I mean that Liam .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Look at my posts . . Show me how often villagers or anybody has been trying to "work with me" over the last few days ?

Im fed up Fiona. Can you at least see why ? If I am a villager can you see the work I am trying to do ? Can you see who is helping me ? Can you see how many people I am trying to juggle right now ?

I am taking things from all angles so cant keep up with everything, What where your questions on Liam? I will answer what I can . .

I can see the work you're trying to do, whether you're a villager or not. But you don't really seem to be acknowledging the flaws in the theory. You just breeze past them and either change the theory or make up new roles that help fit the theory. But it's all based on Liam being a wolf and Ewan lying to us.

Let's say I came up with a theory which tied together 50% of what was happening in a nice little bow, but the rest of the evidence pointed to the theory being wrong. I'd probably come up with a new theory, rather than make up implausible things to shoe horn my theory in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Yeah fair enough, can't really argue with those points other than I went with person who seemed most wolfy each day. I can reveal just before lynch if necessary, I'm nothing important but just for context going forward. I dunno why Clodagh revealed earlier though, if we were checking peeks then it's only me Brendan or Phil who have not revealed.

I thought that was the line you were going when you said lynch me, Brendan and Phil.

I'm still good for a riona lynch too :)

My order is something like

Frank/Riona >>>>>> Brendan/Phil > Clodagh

Based entirely on voting history

And that could all change again tonight when Ewan gets another peek off

In fact if Ewan is indeed the seer and there has been no jiminy pokery, then the game is a lock after his peek tonight.

9 players remaining with

Ewan
    Liam
    Fiona
    Isla
    (whoever he peeks)

versus

me
    Phil
    Brendan
    Riona/Frank(whichever one dies)

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Found it, Ewan 'peeked' Vernon on Thursday night

So that was a peek by an apparent Seer, and a direct contradiction by an apparent Loser, all of which led to the lynch tonight

I think that's enough detectiving for me tonight. Off to bed I go
    Isla WW wrote: »
    Sorry, I may be missing the direct contradiction. What is it?

Brendan, could you answer this when you get a chance please?

• Advertisement

I can see the work you're trying to do, whether you're a villager or not. But you don't really seem to be acknowledging the flaws in the theory. You just breeze past them and either change the theory or make up new roles that help fit the theory. But it's all based on Liam being a wolf and Ewan lying to us.

Let's say I came up with a theory which tied together 50% of what was happening in a nice little bow, but the rest of the evidence pointed to the theory being wrong. I'd probably come up with a new theory, rather than make up implausible things to shoe horn my theory in.

Fire away Isla . . Don't forget your questions on Liam . .

Can you try and include a theory that explains

- Ewans survival past 4 wolf kills
    - Why all his peeks are not coincidentally players not mentioned in OP

And for the record. If Liam is a villager you can thank him for all my wasted theories and for demanding that I be put up against him.

Hes been either a superb wolf at driving me mad (in which case I tip my hat) or a terrible villager . .

Because I'm fed up being here and I really don't know what Liam's been playing at if he's good . . I don't trust you. I don't trust Ewan and I don't trust Liam. . Why would I care to be peaked by Ewan ?

Because it would answer the question you’ve asked. The one you keep complaining no one will answer

I don't think people are bothering to investigate stuff, preferring to just shoot down my theories. . You know what a theory is ? Its an effort to try and get an understanding of something. Why are people surprised when it changes ? I'm on my own here so I don't know who is who and I don't know which one of you is a wolf(or wolves) f**kin with me.
    Every time anyone has found a flaw in your theory you adapt it or call them part of the wolves

Im going round in circles because others don't have the time (that is totally fair enough BTW) or desire to at least read my notes and do their own investigations. I have made the choice to spend a lot of time working out things and that's on me . .

But just look at sundays village efforts to figure things out . When I wasn't around, nobody was talking or asking questions. Until I came back the wolves could not of been more comfortabe.

I’ve offered you the a good investigative tool. A peek with a failsafe.

The most striking thing was liam posting directly at me that he was bad while trying to get me back on thread . . He says it wasn't taunting me, but I thought we had moved on from that and Liam couldn't let it go. And the village once again excuses that as me somehow always chasing Liam . . Yeh I am the paranoid one constantly going back to Liam for no reason ! ! Why would I want to remain in a village that cant or wont work with me ? That doesn't investigate what Liam or others say and presume Im tunnelling on him for no reason ?

I want to die tonight . No role hint. No hidden agenda, I want to be done with this village . . I don't think one villager can claim they have put in as much effort to try and work things out as I have so the village deserves me that . .

In the interest of fairness and that rule where you cant look to die, put me up against Liam/Ewan or Fiona. I think one or more are bad and am prepared to die to see it done.

Im not interested in remaining on unless somebody comes up with some decent theories with factual information . . Otherwise I am a busted flush and will be driven mad by the remaining wolves . .

Ok decent theory for you. You’re the last wolf and just want to end it. You’ve posted a lot of contradictory stuff to confuse the village with lots of questions that look interesting in themselves but don’t actually add up on the whole. You’ve invented several complicated explanations to keep it going

I’d like to know the answer to that theory hence why I want to peek rather than lynch you. You’ve admitted my suggestion has no wolfy logic.

What say you?

Doing work doesn't make you a villager Phil. You haven't revealed a role that makes you bulletproof because you don't have one presumably. Should I have come out an said I was an NRV when Angus revealed? I wasn't to know if he was the good or bad seer at that stage and I said as much.
    Not sure, but I don't think the village has been too swayed by your arguments yet. Some probably have alright.

No, at worst you're a wolf. What actual difference does it make to your argument if Ewan peeks you or one of your teammates, assuming their still alive? You claim he's the wolf anyway and keep on going. It makes your case better the longer Ewan stays alive.

I'll have a look for red flags though as you say, and I'll try see things from your point of view. Would you try and see it from the stance where Ewan is telling the truth?
    Isla I was the only one who raised strong concerns about ewan... He was coasting along before I brought it up. This doesn’t make sense at all...

You are going up on my radar isla.......
    Looking back through your ideas as you suggested Phil.

I'm pretty sure that they have a seer. They peeked me correctly. Now, did anyone else spot that I was Carrie before Angus outed me? If they don't have a seer then how would they know that I was Carrie?
    Like I said isla. If your only strategy here is to focus on disproving me you aren’t investigating this you are Just looking to discredit me.

I’m a lone villager and have accused several people. I can’t keep up with everybody. If other villagers would like to chime in and help, that would be great..

Any villager who thinks I’m bad after the work I’ve tried to put in either hasn’t really followed what I have posted or is suspicious...

I’m happy to go up against anybody tonight because if the village can’t or won’t work anything out I’d rather watch from the DR..
    Again, your only focus is on discredit me and take the focus off ewan. That’s not objective it’s a target....
    I'm going through your posts from the last few days about your theory and asking you questions. Did you answer the question?

No, you've gone after me for asking questions. Look, if you want me to believe your theory I'm going to need better responses than stop asking questions which might undermine it and discredit me. I want to understand your theory and see if it's plausible.
    I don’t want you to believe my theory. I want you to draw your own conclusions. I’m the only person who has been willing to put their kneck on the line the last few days.

Your stance is all just about proving me wrong... 2 days after I posted mountains of information... So why now? I’m sure you will excuse me for being dubious of your motives.

You are all over me now that I’ve gone in hard against a seer who has so many things hanging over him it’s not funny. You haven’t checked to see what’s on the plus side of my theories only the negatives... Im

Admittedly not the whole conversation but that would've taken too longer and been a massive post. Some of my questions, which relate to what I should have done once Angus outed me and the difference for the wolf team (if it is you) by leaving Ewan alive. I maintain there wouldn't be much difference because you're claiming that Ewan is evil anyway so what difference does it make if you're a wolf and claiming Ewan is evil if he has peeked you?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Sorry, I may be missing the direct contradiction. What is it?

Sorry, forgot to get back to that one

Vernon claimed that Abigail was Bev, which contradicted Vernon's supposed Grave Digger ability, identifying her as a random NRV

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107949510

Sorry, forgot to get back to that one

Barbara claimed that Abigail was Bev, which contradicted Vernon's supposed Grave Digger ability, identifying her as a random NRV

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107949510

Oops, corrected

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Drop what exactly ? You've been taunting me into your games all week and the village is happy to accept your contradictory excuse or believe you are just having the crack . So f**k the village for that . F**k it hard . .

Tell you what, if Villagers don't want to explore your taunting posts that ive highlighted multiple times and they want to just take your statements as fact , lets do that .

That's the problem with anon games. If we knew who Liam was and knew that he had the propensity on occasion to be a giant tool, then you could accept it and move on. but because you have no idea who he is and are forced to take him at face value, the tilt starts there.

I'd be on board with you if the peek wasn't out there, but the peek is out there from my point of view. I am bought into it and like it or lump it, he;s a "twice" peeked villager

Fiona WW wrote: »

I’ve offered you the a good investigative tool. A peek with a failsafe.

What failsafe ? I peak bad hes a wolf and wolves try and make out im bad, ive to wait in this kip till tomorrow till the carry on village lynches me.

I peak good maybe he's a seer wolf .. Only plus to that is that I could choose to say "maybe hes good" and this guarantees Ewan will be munched in morning ? There is no way a seer is getting past 5 wolf kills . .

What failsafe ? I peak bad hes a wolf and wolves try and make out im bad, ive to wait in this kip till tomorrow till the carry on village lynches me.

I peak good maybe he's a seer wolf .. Only plus to that is that I could choose to say "maybe hes good" and this guarantees Ewan will be munched in morning ? There is no way a seer is getting past 5 wolf kills . .

The wolves don't have a peek tonight

I’ve already told you if you peek bad we lynch both you and ewen. If Wendy’s was a priest that should end the wolves either way

And for the record. If Liam is a villager you can thank him for all my wasted theories and for demanding that I be put up against him.

Hes been either a superb wolf at driving me mad (in which case I tip my hat) or a terrible villager . .

Phil, I've posted that theory a number of times. You may have forgotten or you may have just ignored it, but I addressed it to you a number of times.

1 - Doris - get the bonus kill (also ending your theory of Doris being CArrie)
    2 - Wendy - kill the priest, make sure we've no more information
    2a - Mary - They peeked Mary and knew she was the bodyguard and attacked her, but the munch failed because of her role.
    3 - Mary again - this time the munch is complete.

Do you think the above is plausible? I've asked this before but got no response.

In terms of his peeks, some were in the OP - his wolf peeks. On Mary, I think she preemptively claimed a different role in the hopes that Ewan would pick up on it and go along with it, once he peeked her and saw that she was the bodyguard.

You shot down my initial questions by the way, saying you wouldn't engage so there aren't as many as there might have been.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Phil, I've posted that theory a number of times. You may have forgotten or you may have just ignored it, but I addressed it to you a number of times.

1 - Doris - get the bonus kill (also ending your theory of Doris being CArrie)
    2 - Wendy - kill the priest, make sure we've no more information
    2a - Mary - They peeked Mary and knew she was the bodyguard and attacked her, but the munch failed because of her role.
    3 - Mary again - this time the munch is complete.

Do you think the above is plausible? I've asked this before but got no response.

In terms of his peeks, some were in the OP - his wolf peeks. On Mary, I think she preemptively claimed a different role in the hopes that Ewan would pick up on it and go along with it, once he peeked her and saw that she was the bodyguard.

You shot down my initial questions by the way, saying you wouldn't engage so there aren't as many as there might have been.

Mary was Stephen King no? Or Ewan peeked her as the BG and lied for her? **** me this is confusing

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Wow you mean that? Get a life. I'll have a victim's pack ready for you.

Admittedly not the whole conversation but that would've taken too longer and been a massive post. Some of my questions, which relate to what I should have done once Angus outed me and the difference for the wolf team (if it is you) by leaving Ewan alive. I maintain there wouldn't be much difference because you're claiming that Ewan is evil anyway so what difference does it make if you're a wolf and claiming Ewan is evil if he has peeked you?

Im not really sure what you are getting at in these . . Feels a bit like a good tactic to add confusion to my theories as opposed to making sense of them. Lets address each of your links above:
    Doing work doesn't make you a villager Phil. You haven't revealed a role that makes you bulletproof because you don't have one presumably. Should I have come out an said I was an NRV when Angus revealed? I wasn't to know if he was the good or bad seer at that stage and I said as much.

I haven't revealed my role because I don't see how it helps anybody but the wolves at this stage. Only a trustworthy seer can clear me so me revealing helps the wolves and not the village. There is enough confusion on role reveals and dead for a wolf to pick a good target. They know if wendy was telling the truth and/or if Angus was telling the truth. We don't.

I am not sure what you should of done when Angus revealed. Hes dead, your not. . He revealed you and yet most people think hes bad . . I cant work the maths out on my own cause everybody here is only interested in pulling my theories apart
    Not sure, but I don't think the village has been too swayed by your arguments yet. Some probably have alright.

No, at worst you're a wolf. What actual difference does it make to your argument if Ewan peeks you or one of your teammates, assuming their still alive? You claim he's the wolf anyway and keep on going. It makes your case better the longer Ewan stays alive.

I'll have a look for red flags though as you say, and I'll try see things from your point of view. Would you try and see it from the stance where Ewan is telling the truth?

I don't trust Ewan, why would I want a fake peak to legitimise him ? Only thing I will agree on is if Ewan peaks my exact role and he gets killed in the morning
    Isla I was the only one who raised strong concerns about ewan... He was coasting along before I brought it up. This doesn’t make sense at all...

You are going up on my radar isla.......
    Looking back through your ideas as you suggested Phil.

I'm pretty sure that they have a seer. They peeked me correctly. Now, did anyone else spot that I was Carrie before Angus outed me? If they don't have a seer then how would they know that I was Carrie?

I explained my Carrie theory and I explained that I took a stance you were lieing to make a point to you that I think you got. I must stress it doesn't mean I believe you. I am juggling so many things and responding from multiple angles so I cant keep up with everything.

I'm going through your posts from the last few days about your theory and asking you questions. Did you answer the question?

No, you've gone after me for asking questions. Look, if you want me to believe your theory I'm going to need better responses than stop asking questions which might undermine it and discredit me. I want to understand your theory and see if it's plausible.

I actually don't see a lot of questions in there Isla . .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Okay, well I'm going to step away from this madness and start looing at other avenues. That is what you wanted us to do, right Phil? So...

I didn't ask why you stayed hidden, I asked why you decided to come out? If you intended to stay hidden to be peeked by the Seer, why come out at all?

To narrow down the field. Why else?

Barbara WW wrote: »

My order is something like

Frank/Riona >>>>>> Brendan/Phil > Clodagh

Based entirely on voting history

And that could all change again tonight when Ewan gets another peek off

In fact if Ewan is indeed the seer and there has been no jiminy pokery, then the game is a lock after his peek tonight.

9 players remaining with

Ewan
    Liam
    Fiona
    Isla
    (whoever he peeks)

versus

me
    Phil
    Brendan
    Riona/Frank(whichever one dies)

SO even although I have came out as one of the 7 kids, you still think I am a good lynch candidate?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Barbara WW wrote: »

Yes please lynch the uncontested RV :)

Actually do. I want in the DR and tge solution to this game

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »
    Mary was Stephen King no? Or Ewan peeked her as the BG and lied for her? **** me this is confusing

That's my guess. She came out as Stephen King before she was peeked right? I think that was her signalling to whoever peeked her that she was the bodyguard and if she was peeked they should keep up the charade.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Just on the reading of the last page. We have the quote from Wendy saying she was just back into her library. I didn't think about it at the time, but that is my location too. So I am 100% sure she is genuine.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    To narrow down the field. Why else?

If anything it helps a potential false Seer though, because it give him fewer names to try and guess from?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

This is so bull****. If your stupid theories don't work out that's on you not me, stop looking for a get out of jail free card. I never once asked to be put up against you.

You're odd.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Just on the reading of the last page. We have the quote from Wendy saying she was just back into her library. I didn't think about it at the time, but that is my location too. So I am 100% sure she is genuine.

Explain?

The wolves don't have a peek tonight

Not according to some of the theories being thrown to counter mine . .

Ok, tell you what . . I think I get where some of you are coming from. Ewan peeks me and tells me my exact role and that confirms he is a seer.

I can see a lot of flaws in that plan if the wolves have somebody who can "reach into somebodys soul" or whatever . . But if they don't he wont know who I am . .

Yeh sure, lets munch Liam in the meantime . .

Not according to some of the theories being thrown to counter mine . .

Ok, tell you what . . I think I get where some of you are coming from. Ewan peeks me and tells me my exact role and that confirms he is a seer.

I can see a lot of flaws in that plan if the wolves have somebody who can "reach into somebodys soul" or whatever . . But if they don't he wont know who I am . .

Yeh sure, lets munch Liam in the meantime . .

The flaw is the wolves have a peek.

*may

Do they though? We never did establish on what day that cycle begins, but I'd assume they got their first on Night 2

• Advertisement

Exactly . .

If Angus is bad he knew who Liam or the other reveals?. . How could a baddy know who Liam is if they don't get peaks ?

Advertisement