Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    BTW guys before anyone asks: I wasn't given the role of Doris this morning as there apparently wasn't a body left for me to inspect.

From this I'm inferring one of 2 things. Either:
    1) There was no body as that sicko Annie stole it so she can do nasty things to it.
    or
    2) Because I was in the hospital last night, the body was gone by the time I was allowed out.

Either way I have no way of confirming Doris as Paul Sheldon. Seeing as how she was munched though it's fair enough to say that she wasn't a wolf. And also seeing as how she confirmed to us all that she was Paul, I think it's safe to say that ewan was correct about her.

Rest assured I have raised my displeasure with this situation with the mods and was given the brush off.

I’m trying to work out Wendy’s reveals. Only way to do proper wolf count is to prove a role. Isnt that fair?

Above was Wendy’s post on Friday morning after Doris died. Next wolf munch was Sunday morning. Two kills confirm Doris was prob Paul. It wasn’t helpful that wendy couldn’t tell us his role which is suspect. But she confirmed Cujo was alive if we believe her. How does this fit into people’s theories?

I’m going to try and look through Wendy’s posts today if I can find the time or survive the munch. It’s in wolves interest to kill me. God if I was Carrie this would be the perfect play...
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    At this stage you need to wolf count. How many wolves do you think are dead at this stage?

With so much confusion and assumptions I think fairest way is by clearing up Wendy, angus and Vernon. People have made massive assumptions about wolf numbers which could bite us. Surely as a village we can all review our notes and work from another angle? Obviously don’t go down my crazy rabbit holes but end game is coming and clear reasons and facts on thread for thinking roles are who they say they are would help.

Actually did anybody else have their powers stolen by Cujo? Did you get a similar note from mods as Wendy did?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    That’s fair and like Vernon I’m Happy to listen to your case.

My problem is that

- I’m not sure about Wendy . We only believed her about her APp role because of Conor. Does anybody have all the roles she peaked?
    The maths on Wendy mean if she was a wolf then Barbara me ewen have to be wolves

Vernon and Gertie with claims about the Bg have to be wolves too

Brendan has to be a wolf for last nights peek, possibly Liam and Mary too

That’s 6 to 8 wolves (at least) the numbers don’t work

If she’s legit then 4 wolves are dead and she confirms ewen. That means I’m who I claim and frank is a wolf

You can’t make this work without having to create a new role just for Wendy

- Angus could of been good which makes ewan bad ( does anybody have all angus reveals?) or angus could just be on same team

That adds another wolf to the numbers above. Again there aren’t enough wolves
    - lots of ewans reveals were either reaffirmed villagers or non rolled which would Be handy if you only get a peak every second night. Me offering Liam (who had confirmed his role already) to peek was a perfect get out card and ewan could them blame me. Village is all too happy for me to take the blame and wolves could use that...
    Our key roles are seer and priest (self reveal) vig (killed if you accept Wendy). Seer then peeked Bg, some wolves two villagers and one non op role(I think that’s it). What else would you expect
    - I went after ewan but instead of peeking me he peaked you. Liam suggested it (again why I was sus of Liam!) and it’s worked out well for this story
    Everyone was asked by ewen if they wanted me peeked. Again count the wolves. If Liam and ewen are wolves, which they have to be there, we have way too many. I offered you as the pork yesterday and you refused even though you admitted there was no logical way it could help the wolves. First time you were up for peek you asked for Liam to be peeked. What exactly do you want here when you made those choices
    - somebody was targeted on Sunday. It had to be the seer but if it was me (who was trying to make sense of this place) it makes sense to me the wolves would know the BG knew I was good and ewan was bad. That meant the wolves had to kill or discredit Franks claim
    Ewen was targeted on Sunday. I know because I protected him. Once Doris died wolves had two kills and I’d gambled wrong in protecting Wendy the night before. They tried to get both the priest and the seer and I protected the seer
    That stacks up for me but I can’t quite see how yours fits into this. I’m not damning you I’m trying to understand how it works the other way. I can see how frank might be bad but not the rest of the story. There is a huge amount above that makes sense. I will try and get back to this but I’m sure the others have theories or you can add stuff to what I’ve said...

Frank fits in to this as Annie. I pegged you as a wolf yesterday because I honestly couldn’t see how a villager would keep adjusting the story when the evidence didn’t suit it or look to lynch a peeked villager. That’s on me but I called it out quite a lot yesterday

Frank saw the chance of a claim because he figured out the Bg had been hidden by the seer. I think that’s why Mary was killed too, either that or to clear the knowns

Fiona you agreed with this post on Friday
    Wendy WW wrote: »
    So I think this is right?
    Alive:
    Angus WW - claimed seer - WOLF
    Barbara WW - Bill (other half of Bev/Abigail)
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Ewan WW - seer
    Fiona WW
    Gertrude WW - Randal Flagg - WOLF
    Isla WW - Carrie (village)
    Liam WW - Claimed BG
    Mary WW - Stephen King (village)
    Riona WW - Claimed Jake Epping (time traveller) (has black sphere, said she's used it on Gertie)
    Frank WW
    Phil WW
    Vernon WW - Wolf Seer - WOLF
    Wendy WW - Sadie Dunhill - App Priest

so we've 15 players left and a minimum of 3 wolves. Gertie will apparently die this evening at 6pm, we lynch Vernon tonight, and Angus tomorrow and see where we are then.

Agreed?

A minimum of three wolves? Who were those do you think and why? Vernon, Angus and Gertie? Gertie was killed by Riona with the sphere.

I was never sure about Vernon and angus TBH. They played a very subtle quiet death which perhaps was clever but not in keeping with the way I imagine wolves normally go out...

How many people were killed or implicated by Eva and/or Henry? Can people remember why they found angus and Vernon and Gertie dodgy? I just think two days of that tongue messing from those two has people assuming things that may not be facts... The old say somebody is bad enough and people Believe it...

Just saying it mightn’t be any harm if people review their notes on why they thought above was bad. If it was mainly from Eva and Henry then ask yourself why should we trust them? What were they doing ? If it wasn’t a spell and they had a strategy to talk crazy then the names they give aren’t reliable ? No ? Yes?

I got to get to work...

The numbers stack up if we are where we think we are... as always I’m not trying to confuse I’m trying to challange what we think we know so we make clear calls...

I’m trying to work out Wendy’s reveals. Only way to do proper wolf count is to prove a role. Isnt that fair?

Above was Wendy’s post on Friday morning after Doris died. Next wolf munch was Sunday morning. Two kills confirm Doris was prob Paul. It wasn’t helpful that wendy couldn’t tell us his role which is suspect. But she confirmed Cujo was alive if we believe her. How does this fit into people’s theories?

I’m going to try and look through Wendy’s posts today if I can find the time or survive the munch. It’s in wolves interest to kill me. God if I was Carrie this would be the perfect play...

With so much confusion and assumptions I think fairest way is by clearing up Wendy, angus and Vernon. People have made massive assumptions about wolf numbers which could bite us. Surely as a village we can all review our notes and work from another angle? Obviously don’t go down my crazy rabbit holes but end game is coming and clear reasons and facts on thread for thinking roles are who they say they are would help.

Yes that’s fair

To start the ball- vernon claimed the Bg was dead. Bg is clearly alive. He was also caught in a lie by the mason. Does that add credence to the peek on him as a wolf?

• Advertisement

Liam , Mary and angus don’t have to be wolves for my narrative to work.

Liam and Mary’s role was already on thread. Angus could of been good seer.

Apologies getting close to munch so trying to answer as much before

Protecting Wendy on Friday was odd when ewan had come out as seer. It’s not totally unbelievable but it’s hard to put that choice in the plus column for your defence....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

The maths on Wendy mean if she was a wolf then Barbara me ewen have to be wolves

Vernon and Gertie with claims about the Bg have to be wolves too

Brendan has to be a wolf for last nights peek, possibly Liam and Mary too

That’s 6 to 8 wolves (at least) the numbers don’t work

Hang on your stretching hugely there. Mary came out on thread, Liam was peeked by the apparent wolf seer first so neither have to be wolves. Vernon might have been a villager from reading his posts, he seems to suggest he was trying to nab a wolf.

So it's not a massive stretch to say their are two wolves left if not three (highly highly doubtful)

Also why group Babs with you and Ewan there?

Your mask slipped last night, you got caught!

Yes that’s fair

To start the ball- vernon claimed the Bg was dead. Bg is clearly alive. He was also caught in a lie by the mason. Does that add credence to the peek on him as a wolf?

That goes on Vernon’s sus column but plenty of people have claimed roles. Liam claimed BG and you pretended to not be BG... Just saying ... I have to go now. Be back after munch if I survive..

Look at the Wendy’s targets. Wolves , sks and wolf priest/seer could make up the roles she announced. No Doris was odd cause wolves would of known it was Doris but wolves might of thought holding that info was handy...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Vernon claiming BG is Dead directly contradicted Gertie who claimed BG. It's not a massive stretch to mark out that one wasn't actually a feckin wolf. Vernon in my opinion and with hindsight attached was a villager. Do I believe his role claim, I'm not sure, but the only confirmation we got on Vernon was from our "seer" it's a perfect plan!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Liam , Mary and angus don’t have to be wolves for my narrative to work.

Liam and Mary’s role was already on thread. Angus could of been good seer.

I think Wendy's status is they key, and we won't get a fully satisfactory answer to that IMO, as Wendy confirms Angus as cujo.

For part of your narrative to work you are correct that neither I or Mary have to be wolves, I'm not as sure about Angus, if need to retrace things there.

In terms of "new info", the one thing that casts shadow on Wendy and her reads is that she claimed Flagg was dead. If Fiona is flagg then there's an issue there, but as wendy was munched, I'm not sure what the key to riddle is tbh

That goes on Vernon’s sus column but plenty of people have claimed roles. Liam claimed BG and you pretended to not be BG... Just saying ... I have to go now. Be back after munch if I survive..

Look at the Wendy’s targets. Wolves , sks and wolf priest/seer could make up the roles she announced. No Doris was odd cause wolves would of known it was Doris but wolves might of thought holding that info was handy...

If we could explain Wendy's munch I'd rest very soundly.

Maybe wolves can muxlnxh themselves if it's best for their team though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I didn’t claim there is no seer.

I said how did angus know Liam’s role? I think that was the one role that we had confirmed by a villager early. Only way was either he was a seer, was on a team with a seer who could communicate it or Liam was on his team. At the very least angus had access to reliable information on Liam, but I’m not going down that road.

In terms of explanations on why I wasn’t sure on angus, leyland and Wendy.

It was one of the reasons I went hard on Liam. I wasn’t sure about leylands role and couldn’t figure out if he was seer what was going on with Nigel and Eva talking crazy and effectively committing suicide. Liam was convinced angus was bad and I couldn’t work out why a villager would turn against a seer who actually confirmed them. Maybe Liam was as wrong about angus as I was about Liam ? Maybe angus was good ?

Wendy said Henry was dead but I was convinced Eva was Henry acting in ITs name as the OP said. This contradicted Wendy’s information and as such I didn’t believe her completely but couldn’t work out why. There was a lot of wolves and sk names on her list and I think she missed a few deaths (Doris). My theory was wolves knew a certain amount of dead (seer/priest) , possibly knew SKs and could throw any of their names into the list. Wolves claiming seer or priest can be because they know theee roles are dead or it’s worth the gamble. Look how far people have gotten with Wendy as a defence! A role we don’t know and sort of think sounds kinda plausible.

I can work out diffeeent ways that you are all bad or one is bad but it’s up to you to figure that out. I’ve gone down far too many rabbit holes in this place.

I have been at odds all game with the village because I’ve not been wolf counting. I’ve been just trying to work with who is around.

If Wendy was still alive I'd probably be inclined to believe you Phil. But she's not, because the wolves killed her. So she wasn't just throwing names down in some sort of wolf plot. For the record I think the Wendy 'defence' as you call it is more than kinda plausible. I believe she missed one death (Doris), which can be explained by being cujoed.

Liam went after Angus because he had a bad feeling about him I believe and decided to test him. Which is a fair enough option when there is a bad seer in play.

Yes that’s fair

Not really in isolation, I claimed BG for example. To see how Gertie would react and possibly to move a munch my direction. As an NRV getting munched to keep rolled players alive is part and parcel of the game tbh.

Liam WW wrote: »
    I think Wendy's status is they key, and we won't get a fully satisfactory answer to that IMO, as Wendy confirms Angus as cujo.

For part of your narrative to work you are correct that neither I or Mary have to be wolves, I'm not as sure about Angus, if need to retrace things there.

In terms of "new info", the one thing that casts shadow on Wendy and her reads is that she claimed Flagg was dead. If Fiona is flagg then there's an issue there, but as wendy was munched, I'm not sure what the key to riddle is tbh

This is the problem. Wendy is hard to work out.

I have been trying to put together all her reveals but it’s not easy. Again I have to do some stuff but if I can later I will try and come up with a plausible theory.

If I’m munched I was who I said I was. No cloaks and daggers and nothing to worry about or read into..... my strategy has always to try and get as much facts together. I wasn’t trying to confuse people , I suppose I was using the thread as my notes forum and hoped it might click something in somebody here that I wasn’t seeing...

Isla WW wrote: »
    If Wendy was still alive I'd probably be inclined to believe you Phil. But she's not, because the wolves killed her. So she wasn't just throwing names down in some sort of wolf plot. For the record I think the Wendy 'defence' as you call it is more than kinda plausible. I believe she missed one death (Doris), which can be explained by being cujoed.

Liam went after Angus because he had a bad feeling about him I believe and decided to test him. Which is a fair enough option when there is a bad seer in play.

And by cujoe disappearing from the game after Angus' death. If we believe what's in front of us that Fiona and Ewan are wolves then Fiona must be flagg and Ewan must be the wolf seer, therefore cujo is dead.

Brendan protected, fingers crossed

This is the problem. Wendy is hard to work out.

I have been trying to put together all her reveals but it’s not easy. Again I have to do some stuff but if I can later I will try and come up with a plausible theory.

If I’m munched I was who I said I was. No cloaks and daggers and nothing to worry about or read into..... my strategy has always to try and get as much facts together. I wasn’t trying to confuse people , I suppose I was using the thread as my notes forum and hoped it might click something in somebody here that I wasn’t seeing...

I put all her reveals together in a post yesterday btw so that we could work through it. You commented on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Liam WW was walking to the gym to go for a run on the treadmill to clear his head. Rumours were persisting about dinosaur attacks and now some of the people he had seen all day were mysteriously missing from the dorm.

Liam WW began running on the treadmill and put his headphones in to block out the thudding of his feet on the track.

This meant he also blocked out a curious malevolent purr/growl that came from the entrance of the gym.

The raptor leapt forward and clamped it razor sharp claws in Liam WW's legs, pulling him from the treadmill and onto the ground, before its retractable claw tore his guts asunder.

latest?cb=20150813073231

Liam WW is dead.

At the end of the day if I'm munched it had to be Frank and if. Phil is munched it had to be Fiona Ewan for. Wolves.

• Advertisement

Phil take a look at Wendy's reveals in one go.

Isla WW wrote: »

You see Wendy being good is plausible. But she’s a non rolled op player. That’s plausible. But there are so many non rolled op players in ewans defence.. lots and lots of players we can’t confirm

Also ewan came up with a non rolled name villager for Fiona fairly quickly. Pretty specific non roled player. That suggest a pre planned reveal. How quickly between peak and ewans reveal?

Liam WW wrote: »
    Phil take a look at Wendy's reveals in one go.

6aa74ad0-bf42-0131-ce85-5a44f49f902e.gif

Brendan protected, fingers crossed

Brendan? That’s an odd choice

Frank WW wrote: »
    Vernon claiming BG is Dead directly contradicted Gertie who claimed BG. It's not a massive stretch to mark out that one wasn't actually a feckin wolf. Vernon in my opinion and with hindsight attached was a villager. Do I believe his role claim, I'm not sure, but the only confirmation we got on Vernon was from our "seer" it's a perfect plan!

Vernon also lied about the mason

Does that mean Vernon is the wolf

If so he’s confirmed as wolf seer by the priest and seer

Brendan? That’s an odd choice

Frank cant kill me ewen or isla

He either goes for one of the people who doesn’t trust him to boost his numbers or he gambles on one of the ones who does to try to get numbers to switch

Who would you have picked?

Frank cant kill me ewen or isla

He either goes for one of the people who doesn’t trust him to boost his numbers or he gambles on one of the ones who does to try to get numbers to switch

Who would you have picked?

Liam’s an odd one, he voted for frank. Why would frank kill one of the few villagers who believes him?

You see Wendy being good is plausible. But she’s a non rolled op player. That’s plausible. But there are so many non rolled op players in ewans defence.. lots and lots of players we can’t confirm

Also ewan came up with a non rolled name villager for Fiona fairly quickly. Pretty specific non roled player. That suggest a pre planned reveal. How quickly between peak and ewans reveal?

Peek was revealed at 9.24

Liam’s an odd one, he voted for frank. Why would frank kill one of the few villagers who believes him?

Read Liam’s posts above- and he posted them after I said who I was protecting and after the munch deadline

• Advertisement

Lynch form is open.

Lynch form Link

Advertisement