Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Why most likely a wolf?
    Could be an NRV, could be one of the two linked good players etc.
    If you win the sphere do you have to use it?

I mean most likely a villager would have said they had it and discussed it even a roled goodie with a shared room would if they could still use their room.

Maybe a rooled goodie wouldnt say it but then again maybe they wouldnt have entered the comp

Most likely a wolf IMO

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Just to be clear Katie, people were saying I disappeared after Orla died.

The rest of it doesn't seem like a terrible plan though, I'll give you that.

tbh that was me trying to work out what Gabbie was saying without full out saying. Asking if thats what she meant was not directly responded to however

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Whoever shot him can't vote in tonight's lynch though so that's what I meant about rounding the potential list of shooters down.
    Or is a lynch selection categorised as a backroom option? Its probably not now that I think of it??

Hey Gabriel, whats your read on the game right now? If you had to vote one person off right here, right now, where would you go?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    tbh that was me trying to work out what Gabbie was saying without full out saying. Asking if thats what she meant was not directly responded to however

What do you mean by this?

You may not be doing it but it reads to me like your distancing yourself from your post in which you summed up a theory and said it sounded plausable.

Riona WW wrote: »
    What do you mean by this?

You may not be doing it but it reads to me like your distancing yourself from your post in which you summed up a theory and said it sounded plausable.

That post was a question to Gab in response to this post

For summary Des nominated Isla Steve and myself in FFA. He ultimately picked Isla for the lynch.
    Brendan and Doris voted for him in the lynch.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Hey Gabriel, whats your read on the game right now? If you had to vote one person off right here, right now, where would you go?

Hey Gertrude, tbh I'm finding it difficult to get a confident read on things and people on here. Like this morning when Orla said "I'm warning you" in response to Isla, I felt she was taking one for the village so to speak by highlighting herself as being a rolled villager in order to flush someone out.
    I feel its too obvious to point the finger at Isla as being a wolf and think Orla was munched cause she was posting close to the deadline and being in a verbal altercation may put some heat on Isla.
    Desmond was posting a bit at the time about Wolf posting tactics near the deadline and I think it was Derry who pulled him on it and he ended up getting munched so I think Desmond may have been a wolf.
    If I had to vote for one person right here right now I would take a stab in the dark at Doris on my belief that Desmond was a wolf. They were at each other a bit which feels like a deflection tactic so that one of them could be sacrificed while the other one looks more believable as a villager.

That post was a question to Gab in response to this post

Yes i know, it was a theory you agreed with or at least put up as plausible.

But why distance yourself from it when you were quoted? It just read like you were giving yourself an out should isla turn village is all.

Yes i know, it was a theory you agreed with or at least put up as plausible.

But why distance yourself from it when you were quoted? It just read like you were giving yourself an out should isla turn village is all.

Still think it is plausable, hell even Isla said it didn't seem like a terrible plan. Im not taking credit for the idea though even if Isla resonded to my clarification of what Gab was trying to say.

Why does Des need to die? if he is wolfy great we have a target, hope a villager if they get the sphere does not shoot randomly into the crowd though

This is interesting post also. Especially if des does turn wolf

This is interesting post also. Especially if des does turn wolf

I was not the only one wondering why Doris was saying Des was dead before the bullet.

The way im looking at the bullet.

I would imagine it was used by a wolf because it was not discussed beforehand. That is if it was not Doris who then backtracked after it was used.

If it's not Doris why would a wolf kill Des? maybe to put heat on Doris. Maybe because Des was on their trail. Maybe both.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Steve, what time did you vote at can you recall

Don't know where Orla was going with this, but I am not avoiding and maybe others are interested in the answer.

Pretty early on, around lunchtime.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

I was not the only one wondering why Doris was saying Des was dead before the bullet.

I would imagine it was used by a wolf because it was not discussed beforehand. That is if it was not Doris who then backtracked after it was used.

If it's not Doris why would a wolf kill Des? maybe to put heat on Doris. Maybe because Des was on their trail. Maybe both.
    Or maybe they saw something in Des' posts or maybe it was a random stab at trying to a kill an RV

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

quickbeam wrote: »
    45 minutes to go and 12 players still left to vote.

Remember to ensure your passwords are correct, or your vote will NOT be counted.
    quickbeam wrote: »
    4 still left to vote. Don't make us send Jack after you!!!
    Got a stinker of a headache now.
    Interested to see tomorrow. If Tegan was Team IT as I think, might be the victim of some revenge attack tomorrow morning., lol. Will try and go through my list of thoughts before the munch anyway, just in case.
    Basically, I'm keeping bullet points on people as there posting; the more often they pop up, the more worried I get. Most people barely scrap on the list. A lot aren't registering at all. But Tegan got three in quick succession.

First off, it strikes me Wini was a bit more of a reactive kill; Wini didn't appear on my radar at all yesterday, and then when I was catching up this morning, she started getting very active and very leader-y. Which makes me think that it's more likely that her munch this morning was a panicing IT team, wanting to go after someone who was very game-orientated. Hit a potential leader.

Looking at who was online during that period, Tegan registered, among other names. I have Tegan down as the only person who seemed to react quite negatively to Wini's post. Some reacted positively, some were posting but ignoring her, but Tegan was the only one I noted down as being quite negative in her response. But that's relatively minor and pushing it.

After Wini was killed, Tegan says it was probably cause she was trying to work out the detective role. I'd have personally said it was more cause she was trying to discuss the spheres. So Tegan registers a mark cause I disagree with her read there too.

And then the "Oh look, I mis-read how many people are on Team IT, lol" as well. Again, on its own, probably pushing it. But it nearly came across too much like she was trying to push how little she knew about that team. The number of baddies would be a pretty important thing to know when you're trying to talk shop, right?

So its kind of having multiple minor hits in quick succession that has me worried.
    Just gonna quote my initial post about Tegan this morning.

Tegan completely ignored this too until I poked her earlier again. Took HOURS for any sort of retort, which would make me ponder if they were in a back room.
    Mary WW wrote: »
    Wheres Eva? Had a late vote on Tegan but I don't remember seeing her on thread around lynchtime

Ok lunch break so I can answer these issues; firstly I voted for Tegan at 2pm however the phone capitalises the first letter in that password field so when I read back when I popped in to watch the lynch and saw Quickbeam saying that spelling was important I voted again, this was quite close to 9pm.

Gertrude’s points above sum up quite clearly why I voted Tegan and I’m happy that she was lynched.

I didn’t post round lynchtime as I have far more limited time to play than some people, maybe an hour or two a day, and anyway the lynch seemed to be going the way I believed it should.

To me it looks like we got a death announcement with the role etc on Tegan and people are targeting those that voted that way but I don’t see it. Am I missing something ?

Doris WW wrote: »
    Crimson - Grants the user a one-off bullet kill. However, upon use they will be barred from any backroom they dwell in for 24 hours. Any decisions they may need to make there are included in that ban.

Voting is not a back room action

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

I feel like it might have been to put heat on Doris. Doris' posts are weird, but she started talking about Des being killed before the competition was closed, so couldn't have known that it was gonna happen. We know that the spheres have time limits, so it might make sense for wolves to kill someone who's currently arguing with another villager.

If it helps the only other person I suspected yesterday was Vernon

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    To me it looks like we got a death announcement with the role etc on Tegan and people are targeting those that voted that way but I don’t see it. Am I missing something ?

What role?

People are saying that Andy(character) will know if anyone in those voters is evil hence the selection of the Tegan voters. The proposal put forward was not to follow them voters in tonights lynch

If it helps the only other person I suspected yesterday was Vernon

Haha, i can't resist.....

Why Vernon? :D

It was wolves that took out Des IMO, I think he dropped a hint yesterday which was subtle but picked up on hence the bullet. It was a bonus kill for them so presumably it had a time frame on it. The Doris thing is likely just an added benefit, Doris is a bit annoying and likes these competitions but i think if she had a bullet she would have said it.

Haha, i can't resist.....

Why Vernon? :D

Cause i hated her poetry!

• Advertisement

Liam WW wrote: »
    Can Steve please step into the light for a chat, you're very quiet.

Step into the light? is that a question?

Vernon WW wrote: »
    What role?

People are saying that Andy(character) will know if anyone in those voters is evil hence the selection of the Tegan voters. The proposal put forward was not to follow them voters in tonights lynch

You sometimes get the dead players role when they die.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Cause i hated her poetry!

Ah don't feel bad. It was terrible

You sometimes get the dead players role when they die.

This role would be pointless if the whole thread was told.

Fr. Callahan (Salem’s Lot, The Dark Tower): Priest who will receive the full role of all dead players in the game.

Ah don't feel bad. It was terrible

So you have read my poetry but not any of the posts where I've accused players and have to ask me about it constantly. Thats interesting

Steve WW wrote: »
    This role would be pointless if the whole thread was told.

Fr. Callahan (Salem’s Lot, The Dark Tower): Priest who will receive the full role of all dead players in the game.

I’m not bing clear, the way people ( not about the auditing thing ) are talking it’s as if they knew what tegan was.

I’m not bing clear, the way people ( not about the auditing thing ) are talking it’s as if they knew what tegan was.

TBH, we don't even know if Andy audited last nights lynch.

So you have read my poetry but not any of the posts where I've accused players and have to ask me about it constantly. Thats interesting

Your one for reading posts.

Had you read mine you would have the answer to that musing

Is stopping the Tegan voters from voting for the lynched person the best use of the audit?

Say you get 7 people voting for necro ww
    Auditor finds that someone was bad now you have a list with no cross reference. Is this clearer than a list with cross reference. Are you sayingbonly goodies are to vote for the lynched tonight?

You want to start telling me your dream result is six or seven players voting necro ww and him being lynched and Andy using his power then he can clear those players. I can’t see that happening and three uses of this power at this time will not win the mastermind game that you are thinking of.

Andy needs to wait and use his power later when there is more to know or at least a smaller number in each group so he can cross reference with more authority. If he got a return of “there were x number of baddies in this wagon” that would be one thing but with a yes no and with only three goes I believe you are wasting the power now. That said there is also the issue of wh decides who can be voted for and why.

• Advertisement

Steve WW wrote: »
    TBH, we don't even know if Andy audited last nights lynch.

It would be premature if he did.

Advertisement