Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Although as others pointed out earlier, why not just do it? You don't need the villages permission for every action. You spoke about it earlier- - when you could have actually influenced things - and didn't

No, we need it to be clear to everybody what we are doing and have all people discussing the riddle/answer so we are all on the same page.

I gave my answer on thread (which was wrong) and nobody else said anything or offers anything . I’m not sure what else I can do to get the village together on this.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Incidentally can village actually talk about my plan? Why don’t we band together to help everybody get the answer to the riddles to increase chances of a villager getting it?

Mods if this is against the spirit of the game , feel free to amend the rules for next sphere and say “can discuss tactics but not reveal the answer” or something like that. I’m not looking to break game but it doesn’t look like the rules prohibit people sharing their answers. My own answer showed I didn’t google the riddle answer so I can’t be accused of working against the spirit of the game on the actual question!!!

I’m taking it that we will be told in no uncertain terms if answering it on thread is no no so I’m not having “against the spirit” stuff being a smokescreen for wolves looking to guilt the village into not using a tactic that’s fair game..

its a good plan, some posters noted yesterday that getting village entries in would stack the odds in our favour. Once the mods are cool with it I'd say go with it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    You think I could successfully predict the wolves would win a random contest for a bullet and use it to shoot Des (who I thought was bad so a high chance of being a wolf) to frame me so that I'd be lynched.

Seems a waste of a bullet tbh if I was a wolf I'd shoot whoever I thought was roled them using it to frame me are just thoughts of fantasy, it might be a happy coincidence but to think it was there main aim in any way is suspect

Obviously that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that, if you are a villager, you couldn't rule out the possibility that a baddie would get the sphere, and use it to their advantage. Maybe Des was a wolf, and the SKs got the sphere. Maybe it's the other way around. I'm saying that you can't blame people for being suspicious of you, when you essentially laid a trap on yourself

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    No, we need it to be clear to everybody what we are doing and have all people discussing the riddle/answer so we are all on the same page.

I gave my answer on thread (which was wrong) and nobody else said anything or offers anything . I’m not sure what else I can do to get the village together on this.

Well I'm happy enough to go along with it (as long as the mods are too). The more village entries the better our chances.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Obviously that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that, if you are a villager, you couldn't rule out the possibility that a baddie would get the sphere, and use it to their advantage. Maybe Des was a wolf, and the SKs got the sphere. Maybe it's the other way around. I'm saying that you can't blame people for being suspicious of you, when you essentially laid a trap on yourself

Where did I blame anyone for being suspicious?

Thats exactly what you did say as well maybe not what you meant but its what you said.

Of course if a baddie got it they would use it to there advantage doesn't take away from the fact I thought Des was bad though.

You original point was very weak and your counter point isn't much better tbh

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Finally caught up on today's proceedings, I should be around for most of the day

Thoughts on events:

- Doris posting about Des and then him being shot is super suspicious. Now there's a very good chance that the wolves took advantage of her taunts while the competition was open, but it can't be ignored. Why would you do these taunts in the first place? Surely you realised that the wolves could pounce on what you were doing to cast shade on you?

- Katie filling in the gaps of Gabriel's theory seemed odd. Gab had barely strung a a thought together, and yet you managed to fill in all the gaps to come up with a plausible, well-worded theory. It's either a brilliant theory, or a scripted conversation, concocted in a backroom

- Since the red sphere is now out of play, I'm safe to say that I was the one who received the blue sphere yesterday. Obviously I'm not going to say who I protected or why, but it clearly wasn't any of the people that died from last night's munch to Des' bullet
    Is the blue sphere not only bodyguard level of protection? I’m pretty sure it is!
    Have you an example of the W-W interaction between Katie and Gabriel? Are you not concerned that they may be the lovers ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Throw names up...... go on. Surely you can pick 3 suspects?

fine

1. Isla - Too much to not make a list of 3, I said general play isn't too dodgy before but just too many related deaths to think village
    2. Wendy - I was suspect of her yesterday and voted her, I had hoped more would thrust themselves into the spotlight but Wendy continues to be the perfect example of someone just quietly skirting by.
    3. Gabby - Hasn't said a word while people accused me for asking her about what she said about Isla, pops in, stirs leaves. Not sure if she has done much to help the village thus far but its kind of a contradiction considering my no.1 got crystalised after she said something. I think the way she said the something gets me though, half saying it, just dropping info and letting others take the bait.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Is there a puppet master power in this game ?

Can you expand on this idea please?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Well I'm happy enough to go along with it (as long as the mods are too). The more village entries the better our chances.

Hey Ewan, what are your thoughts at the moment?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Mod Announcement

Abigail WW has been mod-killed for insulting the best mod this game has.

Please carry on.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Mod Announcement

Abigail WW has been mod-killed for insulting the best mod this game has.

Please carry on.

Other mods have informed me that this is not actually true.

Abigail WW's mod-kill has been rescinded.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    fine

1. Isla - Too much to not make a list of 3, I said general play isn't too dodgy before but just too many related deaths to think village
    2. Wendy - I was suspect of her yesterday and voted her, I had hoped more would thrust themselves into the spotlight but Wendy continues to be the perfect example of someone just quietly skirting by.
    3. Gabby - Hasn't said a word while people accused me for asking her about what she said about Isla, pops in, stirs leaves. Not sure if she has done much to help the village thus far but its kind of a contradiction considering my no.1 got crystalised after she said something. I think the way she said the something gets me though, half saying it, just dropping info and letting others take the bait.

What did I say about Isla? I just posted the voting details of the 3 people that dies. As I said earlier I think Isla is actually a villager. Herself and Orla were having over and back posts, Orla was killed so the obvious thing was Isla was responsible in some way. Just felt it was too obvious.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Long Post Incoming
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    Just based on a quick read through Winny kinda put herself up there to be killed. She came across as a good villager possibly trying to draw the kill which hopefully means she was a NRV. Holly on the other hand, seems to be fluff. Hopefully a wolf took out and sk or vice versa with Holly.

All off Hollys posts. Ive highlighted one which may have spooked the wolves. Could she have spotted something yesterday that freaked the wolves out a little. I see feck all really, some exchanges with various people but usually in the form of Gif.
    I would assume based on thread that Winny was a late target anyway. Obviously 9:39 in a slow moving thread makes little sense but reading back over this mornings proceedings do highlight a few things. She comes across as very helpful villager so worst case scenario for wolves is shes just a good NRV. Best case shes naive Roled Villager. Winny was active this morning which pushes me towards her being late selection.

This is me actually saying exactly what you said below, only I did it yesterday after the munch.
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    So how are the kids playing this game these days, Lynch high, peek low?

Actually, would it make sense for the detective to hedge their bets and peek one of each or just go with their guts?

This was the first thing that peeked my interest in Tegan
    I'd advocate the opposite tbh, lynch low posters who offer nothing and dissect what the higher posters are saying.

Tbh though a seer is going to follow instinct and we need to follow instinct and what's in front of us. Day 1 is always a poxy lynch so maybe just FFA it today and then vote from FFAs? Unless anyones got a more fun suggestion?
    The coffee thing is to brazen unless it's Holly trying attract a kill. There were a few subtle hints from different people but that's not exactly subtle and yet I somehow completely missed it

Me pointing out the Coffee thing yesterday just like you have done below
    4 posts, 3 name-checking King characters , 2 in a row mentioning the Walking Dude.

Probably nothing... but sure it's day 1, nothing is all the something we have...
    You really should read the OP. Maybe a couple of times!

Point number 2 against Tegan, again failing to read the OP regarding tasks.
    Glad you like it!

Woof!

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=847289&sort=newest

So it's a day 1 FFA and I needed to pad my list, I had a bad feeling about you from earlier (a bit of a general lack of content, pushing others for opinions without offering one - including jumping to my defense when I'm rambling like a ****ing loon, which always worries me - and being stuck in a 19 exchange loop for a while), so I hit the link, scrolled down quickly and saw "19" three times and thought "**** it, that's as good a reason as any". But no edits, no take backsies, so it is what it is.

Arguably you were trying to move away from it, but you brought up the significance here early doors :
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107907229
    then tried to dismiss the significance later in a way that kept the arguement going.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107908119
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107908390
    You really are pushing yourself forward. If you have made a mistake put your hand up, it happens! Persisting with it makes it worse, if you have no 3rd choice for an FFA go with two.

Strike 3 for me was her failing to just admit she had made a mistake instead she thought it was better to pad her numbers for the FFA.
    I found myself up to date on whats happening here.

I found IMO that mostly good guys have died.

Wini was killed as she was doing sharing good opionons on the Spheres, something a wolf may not do.

Holly was killed for her Coffee comment, either an NRV drawing fire or a unfortunate comment. Shes not the BG unless shes very silly.

Orla was killed because she seemed to poke holes at people, some good some bad. Someone was afriad of being poked.

Tegen - A victim of circumstance. A village with an itchy lynch urge was what killed her. Not a wolf IMO. But I bet a wolf is on the bandwagon Tegen.

Des - Loud, cocky..... not wolf traits. fearless in what he wrote IMO, nota wolf.

Derry - I lean good with him, just. Could be an evil playing a good game, but I suspect not.

I also noticed your FFA Vern, I could look at you as a wolf because of it.

Whats your thoughts on Katie? Lemme guess you dont have a read on her?

I only went through yesterdays posts but you have echoed similar to what I have said today aswell. So I dont know how I can be accused of just answering simple questions.

As regards Katie, Shes on my list along with 4 others at the moment, ive a list of potential goodies aswell. Interestingly on my read back through yesterday both Katie and Doris played the stupid card when the sphere came into play. Worth a recap on those. I actually called Katie out on it at the time. Id lean good on Doris, not so much on Katie.

As regards yesterdays FFA, I tend to post more in work and dont have as much time at home. It was nearly 8 and Babs and Tegan were my two hunches. I stuck to them and went with it. I dont regret it now and stand over my FFA

So are you going to admit your actually not a sub now? Cause you are not a sub

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Is the blue sphere not only bodyguard level of protection? I’m pretty sure it is!

It's safe for me because even though I currently can't be protected by the bodyguard - frankly I don't know why he'd want to - the baddies have no more shots that they can fire at me before my block from protection is lifted
    Have you an example of the W-W interaction between Katie and Gabriel? Are you not concerned that they may be the lovers ?
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    For summary Des nominated Isla Steve and myself in FFA. He ultimately picked Isla for the lynch.
    Brendan and Doris voted for him in the lynch.
    Katie WW wrote: »
    Are you saying that Isla, who people were saying disappeared right before the person she argued with died (Orla), won the stone and killed the person who voted for her (Des) to case doubt over Doris who also voted for her?

I certainly hope they're not the Lovers, but even if they are, this has already been mentioned earlier, so I'm not pointing anything out to the wolves that they wouldn't have already seen

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Ewans Contribution DVD - With Bonus Commentery from The Sexy Abbie (trademark)
    Sounds like wolf talk to me :pac:

Fluff
    FFA (in no particular order):

Doris: Strange rhyming posts - trying pretty hard to draw attention (and maybe draw it away from others).
    Tegan: Some panicky posting, might be a wolf who is afraid that they look suspicious.
    Katie: As mentioned already, kept bringing up the 19 thing. Seems like something a wolf or SK might do to throw the village off.

I'll be the first to admit that this is pretty weak and based on a quick skim-read.

An FFA, lets examine it shall we :

Doris - An Easy target to throw on an FFA.

Tegen - Bandwagon fodder

Katie - The "I FFAd a wolf earlier so i cant be a wolf", yeah I think Katies a bad egg.

Has teh "its weak" line to justify it.

Sorry for popping up so late. Just got rid of friends out of the house, so can finally focus. I've skim read the rest of the thread, but will haveta go back over it to get a proper feel for what everybody's been saying. I'll fire in my FFA in a minute.

The "I swear i wasnt in a backroom watching this unfold while being out of sight." post.
    Just reading back through the thread again.

For what it's worth, I think whoever won the Azure sphere should hang on to it until tomorrow at least, unless they have good reason to think they know who the wolves will be after. It's prob to early to know who's likely to be targeted.

Suggesting a way to make a wolf kill last night more accurate.
    Then it would be fair enough to use it tonight. Otherwise it would prob be a pure guess about who is gonna be targeted. Unless there's a time limit it would be better to hang on until there's a confirmed villager, or at least someone who the winner of the sphere thinks is legit and in danger.

Adds nothing, just parrots others. Polly want a cracker..........
    Good call, I just re-read the OP and saw that.

Cosy Cosy
    Sorry, I don't speak wolf.

Deflecting.
    Tsk, I voted for Tegan, but tbh I had next to nothing to go on. I always think it's toughest to pick the first lynchee. Fingers crossed she was a wolf/SK.

Lets say Ewan is innocent, why is he defending his choice as if he made teh wrong one. How does he know Tegen wasnt a wolf? He should stand by his call no?
    User Name | Posts
    Desmond WW | 52
    Liam WW | 51
    Tegan WW | 41
    Vernon WW | 39
    Oisin WW | 37
    Brendan WW | 36
    Gertrude WW | 36
    Frank WW | 30
    Doris WW | 30
    Orla WW |26
    Mary WW| 25
    Katie WW |25
    Angus WW |24
    Fiona WW| 23
    Winifred WW |19
    Nigel WW| 19
    Holly WW |19
    Derry WW |17
    Isla WW |15
    Barbara WW |15
    Eva WW |15
    Steve WW |15
    Necrominus |15
    quickbeam |14
    Gabriel WW |14
    Clodagh WW | 11
    Wendy WW |10
    Phil WW |10
    Conor WW |9
    Ewan WW |8
    Persepoly |4
    Stu Redman |4
    MicksJaguar |1
    Riona WW |1
    Abigail WW |1

LOOK AT ME MA, IM HELPFUL, I CAN COPY SHIIT
    Morning all.

That's fair enough, tbh I was stretching to find 3 for the FFA with very little to go on, which is why I didn't vote for you. Looking back, my reasoning for including Doris was also pretty sketchy. Day 1 FFAs are always a bit of a stab in the dark.

I'm gonna read through the thread properly and see if anything jumps out.

Adds nothing of note.

If the mods are trying to indicate a SK kill by using a wolf gif then that's just a mindf*** :D

Probably safer to assume it's all just flavour and not try to work out who killed who based on the mod post.

I do agree that wolves/SK might be trying to implicate Isla, but then again Orla was pretty organised in pushing for the FFA, so maybe she was just targeted as a potential leader.

Well ill give Ewan credit, this post aint bad. Its not fluff but at least he engaged.
    Crimson Sphere? So one-off bullet kill. Might be a bit early for a villager to use it, unless they've got a good read on somebody.

Adds an opinion as bland as a pack of Lidl Crisps
    A little tbh. Might just be a case of people making sure they're around for the munches/lynches, then going back to RL stuff.

She can explain it herself though.

Why is Ewan explaining otehrs actions?

Do you have a reason for picking that six?

A fair question, appearing helpful
    Fair enough. It would be something to go on.

Backsdown quickly...out of sight again
    I feel like it might have been to put heat on Doris. Doris' posts are weird, but she started talking about Des being killed before the competition was closed, so couldn't have known that it was gonna happen. We know that the spheres have time limits, so it might make sense for wolves to kill someone who's currently arguing with another villager.

Wut? Whats the point of this post.
    Well fwiw I'm looking at the people who were openly suspicious of/accusing Derry yesterday. Since it's a pretty safe bet that Derry was a villager, and I can't see anything in any of his posts to make me suspicious, I'm wondering why Mary and Liam had him in their FFAs. That said, in the Crimson Sphere game today, Liam posted a gif of a shadow, potentially giving the whole village the answer, which was a pretty non-wolfy thing to do.

Why is it a safe bet that Derry was a villager...... based on what?

I dunno why he didn't post the answer, but it would've been easy to do nothing if he was in the wolf or SK team and they had the answer.

Why do you read Mary as good, any particular reasons?

Maybe Ewan and Liam are on a team..... the lets make Liam look like a good villager team.

Thats great.

Ewan, I forget your playing sometimes. when I saw your name I thought i better pull your posts. Not saying your a wolf, but we need more from you son. Your coasting by fast than a Nigel Mansell on the clutch.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Hey Ewan, what are your thoughts at the moment?

Like I said above, I have been looking at Liam and Mary because I can't understand why they were looking at Derry yesterday.

I'm guessing that Isla (who was arguing with Orla before she was munched) and Doris (who was winding up Desmond before he was shot) are both being set up by the wolves. Not 100% on that though, so I'm keeping an eye on them too.

Other than that I'm mostly clueless. Looking forward to seeing FFAs later to get more of an idea of who's targeting who. Even though I know people are gonna be wary of the guys who voted for Tegan yesterday, until/unless Andy comes out with an audit.

Other mods have informed me that this is not actually true.

Abigail WW's mod-kill has been rescinded.

Can you confirm to the Town of Derry I was subbed in this morning?

I tunnelled in the back passage to save you all

Ewan, I forget your playing sometimes. when I saw your name I thought i better pull your posts. Not saying your a wolf, but we need more from you son. Your coasting by fast than a Nigel Mansell on the clutch.

I'm not gonna go through and defend all my posts, if you wanna pick one or two that you think are suspicious go ahead.

Maybe you can teach me how to be a productive villager like you - fancy telling us who you suspect?

Ah, the old "I asked the mods a question but they didn't reply" tactic

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

Long Post Incoming

Could you be against voting for Katie tonight?

tenor.gif

You do know, now tell the people.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    maybe not accuser but 1st to bring up my vote for doris

Hardly accusing you then, and Riona following up that you'd give a genuine answer is somehow bandwagoning.

Serious bit of misrepresentation there Frank, v Wolfy in my big book of ww

If Henry is still alive can they peak Doris? I have a feeling that Eva may have been on to something with that puppet master comment, seeing as IT has Henry Bowers as a buddy.

Right now, my gut is leaning towards Oisin (who is the fluffiest poster right now, imo; read his posts, there's nothing of substance really) and Gabriel, who seems to be playing a derp.

Can you expand Gertie, im missing the point altogether on Gab and you're not the first to call him wolfy

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Why I voted Angus yesterday, and why I will probably keep my vote here today.
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Made a nice change not waiting for a hundred million thousand million gifs to load ;P

This post got me interested in Angus.
    Seems likely, if no tasks is a given. Fairly easy to google the answer and see who got there first though which would put a massive target on the players head.

Then finding faulty faults in wini's competition idea, even though it turns out, that wini's envisioned competition is exactly how it turned out.
    Ok, so talking about sphere's gets you killed and not talking much at all... gets you killed. Day one stress. Gonna look back over Holly's posts and see if she was trying to tell us something.

This seemed fake to me reading it
    ****. I missed that completely. That's pretty brazen hint dropping if true.

This too.
    It could read as a request for protection I suppose but as the kill went through it wasn't answered.
    Possibly in Hollys mind, that was a possibility, but i doubt that was the plan. Plan IMO was to draw the munch.

I have a gut feeling Doris is ok. The out there rhyming stuff is too in your face to be significant I feel. I maybe wrong but I think chatty wolves will out themselves eventually if I am.

I am having trouble understanding this fully. If you are what?

1. Nigel > After Orla poked you you disappeared. Maybe a cowardly wolf pulling back from notice. Slim reasoning but that's Day 1.
    2. Orla
    3. Tegan

No one else looks especially wolfy but they you two are reacting to each other makes me feel that one of you is suspect.

In a day where not much has happened it stood out to me, that's all. I've not voted yet so there's still time for other people to get that number one spot.
    Dude, chill. If it really was nothing you shrill defense isn't going to help you.
    Interesting. Not voted so prepared to switch if people think this is a worthwhile theory?
    Nah chief. My reason for picking my list is shakey, I'm happy to admit that. If a better option comes along it makes sense to go with that. You've already had someone speak against the idea.

Don't see how this helps us today?
    Missing the point. I didn't care about the answer to the question that Des never asked by PM. That was not the point. Its that he was asking the mods a question on thread for the appearance of it, not that he cared about the answer. Why would he do that? When I pointed out that you need to ask the mods questions by pm, he says he didn't read that part of the op.
    Looking back over low posters, the only thing Steve has posted is asking Des three times if he got an answer from the mods. Trying to stay under the radar wolf with a piss poor attempt at throwing shade maybe.

Defending Des by throwing piss poor shade my direction. [and all because i voted you :( ]
    be honest, did you munch orla for voting you?
    Is that two wolf kills??
    Hey what now?

I dont know if I believe you!

Abigails one post before her two day sabbatical, interesting the mods never announced a sub either? For someone where nothing else matters, its a strange change of plan!

Not gonna lie, I didnt look into you till you mentioned my name! Im glad you did now

What do you make of Abi Vern ol boy?

- Katie filling in the gaps of Gabriel's theory seemed odd. Gab had barely strung a a thought together, and yet you managed to fill in all the gaps to come up with a plausible, well-worded theory. It's either a brilliant theory, or a scripted conversation, concocted in a backroom

Wheres this? I was thinking earlier that Katie had spoken for someone else and missed the post in a quick ISO, if it was Gab I'd put money on 3 names as wolves, want to double check myself before naming them.

Steve, maybe I missed your reasoning, but asking Des the same question about the mod question three times and contributing literally nothing else made me think that you might the one of those flying under the radar types. Or at worst a barely interested villager who isn't even skimming the thread properly.

• Advertisement

Mary WW wrote: »
    What do you make of Abi Vern ol boy?

He thinks Im a tonic. I get that alot

Advertisement