Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Wheres this? I was thinking earlier that Katie had spoken for someone else and missed the post in a quick ISO, if it was Gab I'd put money on 3 names as wolves, want to double check myself before naming them.

See post #1155

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Could you be against voting for Katie tonight?

Not I already said she is on my list, more so after yesterdays read through however I dont get your obsession? Is there something more that puts her top of the pile for you? If there is then put it out there! Ill have my FFA available for dissection by 6pm, I think 7 should be the latest to allow some discussion tonight.

Whats your opinions on the no FFA bunch?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    2. Wendy - I was suspect of her yesterday and voted her, I had hoped more would thrust themselves into the spotlight but Wendy continues to be the perfect example of someone just quietly skirting by.

What did you think of Wendys posting from 8pm onwards? She was about this morning for a bit too

Wheres this? I was thinking earlier that Katie had spoken for someone else and missed the post in a quick ISO, if it was Gab I'd put money on 3 names as wolves, want to double check myself before naming them.

I like shes ruffling feathers, I dislike the fact shes possibly misrepresenting herself as a sub. You?

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I like shes ruffling feathers, I dislike the fact shes possibly misrepresenting herself as a sub. You?

That's Abigail the 'sub', not Gabriel

• Advertisement

What do you make of Abi Vern ol boy?
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    That's Abigail the 'sub', not Gabriel

Sorry quoted the wrong post :pac:

Whats your thoughts Bren?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

No comment on the sub legitimacy, Theres precedence fir unannounced subs in Anon games but its meaningless to me.

Im pretty happy with her villager play today, is spotting loads and asking the right qs. Too early to call but a villager so far anyways.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

What did you think of Wendys posting from 8pm onwards? She was about this morning for a bit too

If im honest there were not stand out posts like early d1 but there hadn't been enough either for me to see Wendy as anything other than someone skirting under the radar. I have a placeholder vote in now and it isn't on Wendy but i'm waiting for more to post and accuse. Plenty of time for people to slip up hopefully as its still early enough.

That said I hope more put in FFAs now, instead of just dissecting the ones that are submitted (not saying you are) as too many people didn't do them yesterday which is a great way to hide info

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Liam, I'm trying to work through various posters posts to see what that tells me. You confuse me a bit. I've disregarded fluff stuff below but this is what I get,,,,
    Liam WW wrote: »
    Stop ruining this game with other game ideas. Mod team will kill someone otherwise, pennywise

This is a very early post. It struck me that you were very specific in calling the poster Pennywise. maybe nothing....
    Too impressive perhaps... Like it was preplanned and predrafted or drafter by more than one person

This was for Gerties super fast response. It did seem fast to be fair, though I had assumed google was a friend here. Fair shout to call it out though....
    Nope not on day 0. We've all been waiting for the game, but some are busier than others. More likely wanted to check to see what the game was all about, showed appreciation to the mods for the effort and will post whenever. As I say I wouldnt be focusing much on it as unusual behavior

Except that suspicious mind is inconsistent with how easily you gave Barbara a pass. You actually spent quite a few posts on that for some reason.

you then have some fluff, followed by some good (I think) points around the '19' theory.
    She didn't know about the coffee thing.or what was being alluded too. The "spotted thing" may have been something hinting at two (good) players working together (e.g. Sharing a BR)

This one is fine apart from the grammar - she didn't know - its odd if youre responding directly to a poster, like its second hand

This early in the game it only seems particularly useful if the seer wins the prize.
    This is odd around the Azure sphere, though I guess you may not have understood the rules on the sphere

Ffa
    1 Katie
    2 Derry.

Nothing major really.
    Earlier I outlined that I had minor suspicion on Katie cos of the 19 thing. It shouldnt really be enough to swing but no one else has given me enough suspicion yet to unseat this one.

Derry with his recent interaction and ffa conclusions with Desmond. It screams to me of trying to find something from nothing but the approach and tone of it smacks not of day 1 confusion but eagerness to hop excuse put forward by someone else and jump on a bandwagon.

Plenty of time for my mind to change between now and lynch vote

This FFA is odd in that while it looks safe with a tag on Katie from the 19 theory earlier, I just don't get how Derry pops out like that
    For sure we need to delve a bit deeper on these but low posters missing votes tends to be RL issues rather than necessarily a tactic so for now I'd personally not waste my team on those three. They'll have gotten a warning now anyway.

Maybe I'm overthinking here but....why are you damping this and how can you know warnings were issued - is that normal when first votes are missed?

He posted it after the deadline. It's nice excuse to come along and say oh but there'll be other competitions. Why time it so late for this competition? It smacks of trying to seem villagery without being much help at all.

Again, the consistency is selective. Drop the previous discussion but jump on this - I just don't get it

So, you're confusing me tbh. There's a lot of inconsistency and I cant see why. Your ffa on Derry is weak/ stark - I think you were one of two to name him, almost as an afterthought too, to see what might happen. Its little stuff, but its the little stuff that gets you....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Throw that shade.......... cast doubt on me.

• Advertisement

Sorry quoted the wrong post :pac:

Whats your thoughts Bren?

On which one?

- I think you've generally been helpful. It's interesting that Doris seemingly randomly decided to target Desmond and yourself yesterday. She kept it up on Des to the extent that he was killed by a red, spherical bullet (perpetrator presumed to be the wolves, but unknown.) She doesn't seem to bo too focussed on you today

- Abigail wasn't on, well, anyone's radar until today, due to her lack of posts. Made a very convincing argument for how unhelpful Ewan has been - whether due to passiveness or wolfness. Of course the fact the the mods haven't confirmed whether she really is a sub as claimed raises a very big flag

- Mary and Gabriel have both passed by mostly unnoticed for me, until their exchange earlier. I've already explained my thoughts on that so I won't repeat myself. Both seemed innocent enough up until that point. Gabriel making basic mistakes in reading the OP, and Mary IMO being around without making too many waves. Like myself, I know, but I'm just saying

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Can you expand Gertie, im missing the point altogether on Gab and you're not the first to call him wolfy

Sure, though I'll stress right now it's not really a solid feeling. Just that my instinct is they are someone "playing the noob" during this game.

They thought that the sphere today would block a vote (which would destroy the anonymous part of getting a sphere). They thought we'd get a list of lynch votes for the sphere being used to gun down Desmond. They seemed to think there was a successful BG blockage too, before it was pointed out there was two kills.
    So my thoughts there is....is Gabriel someone just that naïve at the game? or are they just play acting and getting things wrong constantly?

Their FFA was dreadful.

Very late ill researched ffa:

Doris- the rhyme stuff felt like deflection.
    Babs- not much posting (I realise that's rich coming from me!)

Not a whole pile else staring me in the face yet.

Earlier when I asked them if they could vote anyone off right now,
    Hey Gertrude, tbh I'm finding it difficult to get a confident read on things and people on here. Like this morning when Orla said "I'm warning you" in response to Isla, I felt she was taking one for the village so to speak by highlighting herself as being a rolled villager in order to flush someone out.
    I feel its too obvious to point the finger at Isla as being a wolf and think Orla was munched cause she was posting close to the deadline and being in a verbal altercation may put some heat on Isla.
    Desmond was posting a bit at the time about Wolf posting tactics near the deadline and I think it was Derry who pulled him on it and he ended up getting munched so I think Desmond may have been a wolf.
    If I had to vote for one person right here right now I would take a stab in the dark at Doris on my belief that Desmond was a wolf. They were at each other a bit which feels like a deflection tactic so that one of them could be sacrificed while the other one looks more believable as a villager.

That's a fluffy answer; thinks Desmond was a wolf arguing with Dorris, wants to kill of Dorris though. Really had to drag something out of them, and when they finally commit to a name, it's a relatively safe answer.

I also feel if I had to put money on it, I'd have Dorris over in the villager column at the moment. So going hard after Dorris like that plays on my mind.

They've not really offered a whole lot to the village either, often just repeating other peoples votes or recapping the events at the day. No attempt to offer any new thoughts, but rather just skirting the boundries. Commitment only comes when the spotlight is shone on them.

Mind, Gabriel isn't the worst offender there either. There's a good few people who just recap the events of the day, and are just about keeping their post count up. Accusing no one, not giving opinions that can be held against them at later dates, etc.

I'm at the point now where nearing the end of Day 2, if I don't have a read on someone, I've got to wonder why.

Throw that shade.......... cast doubt on me.

No shade, asked for my opinion and gave it. Carry on, you wont be near my FFA tonight but I aint just gonna accept your a bona fide sub and a villager. Im going to be sceptical of everyone, just like you are! Ill judge you on your posts

On which one?

- Mary and Gabriel have both passed by mostly unnoticed for me, until their exchange earlier. I've already explained my thoughts on that so I won't repeat myself. Both seemed innocent enough up until that point. Gabriel making basic mistakes in reading the OP, and Mary IMO being around without making too many waves. Like myself, I know, but I'm just saying

I read the pieces about Gabriel and Katie, what about Mary though? Where did she come in?

Katie WW wrote: »
    If im honest there were not stand out posts like early d1 but there hadn't been enough either for me to see Wendy as anything other than someone skirting under the radar. I have a placeholder vote in now and it isn't on Wendy but i'm waiting for more to post and accuse. Plenty of time for people to slip up hopefully as its still early enough.

That said I hope more put in FFAs now, instead of just dissecting the ones that are submitted (not saying you are) as too many people didn't do them yesterday which is a great way to hide info

Is your bum sore?

Like is it really really sore? It must be right

All those splinters lodged in it from sitting the the fence have to hurt.

FWIW I think you slipped yesterday with your FFA.

I read the pieces about Gabriel and Katie, what about Mary though? Where did she come in?

Oops, I had the wrong name in mind, I meant Katie, not Mary

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Hey Gertrude,

I omitted to ask this at the time but can you explain the elephant in the room in post 734?
    I may as well ask now as by looks of things I wont be around after 9pm and if it is so I have nobody to blame but myself for not engaging more on thread.
    I have you marked in the village column and you are one of the most insightful posters on here so just wondering what your thoughts on that post was.

No shade, asked for my opinion and gave it. Carry on, you wont be near my FFA tonight but I aint just gonna accept your a bona fide sub and a villager. Im going to be sceptical of everyone, just like you are! Ill judge you on your posts

Its a wolf move, act all nice and helpful and slightly, ever so slightly cast doubt on me. I get it.

I shall enjoy this battle.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Abigail, since you ignored my last post I'll ask again, who do you think are wolfy and why?

On which one?

- Abigail wasn't on, well, anyone's radar until today, due to her lack of posts. Made a very convincing argument for how unhelpful Ewan has been - whether due to passiveness or wolfness. Of course the fact the the mods haven't confirmed whether she really is a sub as claimed raises a very big flag

Well the mods wont help, but heres the deal. its the truth. I am a sub. I cant prove it, but you or anyone esle cant disprove it either. So either take it at face value or dont, as Captain Planet says..... the Choice is Yours.

I will say One thing........... judge me on my actions.

Verns playing a cool, calm game. I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Is your bum sore?

Like is it really really sore? It must be right

All those splinters lodged in it from sitting the the fence have to hurt.

FWIW I think you slipped yesterday with your FFA.

your tunneling dude. Sub or not most of your posts have been about me without saying much. Fluffy day 1 FFA, o dear me, what about the several people who didn't do a day 1 FFA? were you one of them?

you asked me to put up 3 names and I did. I've already voted too so I dunno how im sitting on the fence. If anything my issue has been that I keep responding when people say my name unlike many other people who stay silent.

Do you have opinons on others?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

On which one?

- I think you've generally been helpful. It's interesting that Doris seemingly randomly decided to target Desmond and yourself yesterday. She kept it up on Des to the extent that he was killed by a red, spherical bullet (perpetrator presumed to be the wolves, but unknown.) She doesn't seem to bo too focussed on you today

Brendan telling more lies he has no idea if I was the reason des was shot well unless he shot or was part of the group that shot des that's twice you've lied about this brendan maybe I was being framed

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Abigail, since you ignored my last post I'll ask again, who do you think are wolfy and why?

Why are you asking questions everyone already knows the answers to? Appear helpful again?

Ewan WW wrote: »

You, Katie and Vern.... just in case you think Im avoiding

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Hhhmmm, Grocery shopping to do. Attend my nephews first birthday which bt looks of the day will involve 40 adults and kids cooped up in a couple of rooms looking out at a wet bounce castle. Spend quality time with wife and kids.
    I'm sure I can squeeze some time in for this thread during the day!
    I'm going to have so much to read and decipher by time I get home this evening.

Started looking into Gabriel and theres a few posts on Day 0 and 1 saying hes not really availabloe
    Very late ill researched ffa:

Doris- the rhyme stuff felt like deflection.
    Babs- not much posting (I realise that's rich coming from me!)

Not a whole pile else staring me in the face yet.

As mentioned already, weak FFA.
    Going by Stu's song link...do we take it that one of the Wolves or SK had picked someone else for a munch but John Coffey had that person nominated for protection?

Playing the newbie or genuine mistake?
    For summary Des nominated Isla Steve and myself in FFA. He ultimately picked Isla for the lynch.
    Brendan and Doris voted for him in the lynch.

Probably the most beneficial thing he has posted. In light of this it cast Isla in a bad light when you look at Orla being killed and then Des. Isla a wolf or just unfortunate.
    The list of potential people who killed Desmond will be more apparent when the lynch votes are revealed.

Back to playing the newbie.

Gabriel is a strange one.

Gertie, I've looked at a few posters who basically only have a handful of pure fluff posts. You had a decent post total so I was hoping top find lots to work with.

Most of your posts are fluff, musings, helpful little quips but very little by way of game solving observations. I have some highlights here...

This could fluctuate but my #FFA right now is....

1. Tegan (Really the only person I've got what I feel is a solid read on)

Other two names are iffy, but kind of hit a few of the same flags Tegan did.

2. Oisin - High poster but utterly non-committal about anything. Think they are fifth or sixth highest poster currently, but read their posts. Absolutely nothing of substance. Just loads of referencing other peoples thoughts. The other note I have is that the opposite of Tegan, they were interacting with Wini this morning before the munch being quite supportive of them. In fairness to Tegan, that would flag higher than starting to be a bit negative with someone before they get munched.

Not 100% sure bout the third yet. Basically, I've got a list of 4 names who've registered two marks against them for different reasons than Tegan, though I'd worry at least one of the four could be flagging up cause they are rolled good. Gonna put this as a tentative third name for now.

3. Isla - Really weak one. Was online this morning round munch but was outright avoiding talking with Wini. She also registered a mark yesterday evening when she made a post agreeing with me, that registered as a possible attempt at pocketing me. But really, Isla, this one is just sticking to my strike system on the list, and I could just as easily go for someone who I've got no read on cause they aren't contributing massively.

I could change Isla on a whim right now.

This is a really bad FFA tbh, even for first day. Its stacks up on flexibility and plausible deniability, with no commitment beyond the obvious bandwagon. To be fair you promise lots for the future with 4 other anonymous suspects.

Will do tomorrow but for now, most of the people on it have very, very little on it, and I think one or two might be rolled goodies too, and don't want to give the wolves any ideas :pac:

Again, lots of promise for tomorrow. You've even tagged the goddies. I'm excited....
    I have Mary verging into my "More good than bad" column. Have very little read on Liam right now.

...Wait, this isn't what we were promised - wheres the consistency?
    There are a tonne of players who are very, very quiet right now, and I'd hate to think we've got villager on village action simply cause people are active. Eva comes to mind too. Plus someone like Riona who is, quite literally, just doig the absolute minimum.

Three people missed votes last night; Abigail WW, Phil WW, Riona WW

Have reasons been given? Phil, you've been more active this morning so in fairness, maybe I just missed if you did explain why...

And we're still jot really getting much insight. Jesus you're reduced to namedropping the non-voters

I know you probably won't believe this but I genuinely forgot the word "not". If you read the context of my sentence....

I've been told in worlds other than these (before we were drawn into our little Ka-tet) that really focusing on explaining your absence, especially when NOT under fire, can be seen as a wolf trying to talk away why he isn't getting involved.

Stupidly, it was an important word to drop, but just for clarity. You're NOT under fire, and are explaining why you aren't necessarily getting involved. Sorry.

This just sticks out tbh. its very back trackey.

Basically you're the most non committal wolf hunter I can see. Lots of promises but little delivery. You feel a bit suspect tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

You, Katie and Vern.... just in case you think Im avoiding

'Appearing helpful' is a weak reason to suspect anybody. Do you have any other reasons?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Evening all, just about to catch up from post bullet flying, is there much to see?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Evening all, just about to catch up from post bullet flying, is there much to see?

• Advertisement

Barbara! Another poster for whom I had much less than I expected to work with. Again I've taken the meat where possible and left the fluff imho
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Odds on the bottom 3 are all villagers.

Wolf team would surely have gotten any/all of them to vote at least

This is a very odd post - I've seen games elsewhere where wolves don't show, where wolves just forget to post, where wolves basically give themselves away cheaply or get modkilled. Why would you give a pass to these guys?
    pissed me off no end in the last game.

You are my one guiding light Des. Who do you think might be wolfy or worth a personal re-read from me.

Why is Des your guiding light? And just when Des likely needed a friend too! How fortuitous! This looks like grade A pocketting
    Oh I thought Wendy was quite villagery when they came in and started posting. Some really good constructive thoughts.

Again (though I have to Iso Wendy yet), Wendy's main issue was her initial posting, yet there you go buttering up....odd!
    Hey guys. Carved out 20 minutes for myself to just post

@Des - I asked you questions because I had zero interactions with anyone in the game to that point. I just wanted to talk to someone about stuff :)

OK, now I really don't understand Des as a guiding light.
    I'd be inclined to vote Gabriel today. Thought he wasn't saying a whole pile yesterday. I'll be sticking that vote on now in a few minutes.

Isla and oisin were two I pointed at yesterday as well as possible wolves.

Wendy I thought posted well yesterday in the lead up to the lynch and probably my best villager lean

Wait, wasn't Nigel the one you were worried about yesterday. Where did Gabriel come from?

I'm voting nigel for the same reasons as laid out in Tegan's FFA.

I have Tegan as villager.

I thin Isla's point about Tegan's FFA is wishy-washy in and of itself.

I thought that Derry's case on Desmond was good in his FFA, but Des's response and subsequent posts that I have read have been all good. I'm undecided if Derry is wolf, but I feel strongly that Des is a villager

Yes, it turns out it was...
    Oh and if Nigel is still alive hes also still a wolf lean for me. Voted him yesterday and I don't remember anything in the skim I did this morning that would make me change my mind on that

Good thing you realised and tried to autocorrect eh?

So again, enough inconsistency to tell me something is very wrong here

Advertisement