Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    How ya doing? Why are you worried?

Like why the concern? Youd be happy no? You think youve caught a wolf?

Is it faux convern?

See if I was a good villager who spotted something odd, id just call it. I wouldnt tippee toe around it when point it out like that. Strange

Not tip-toeing round it at all. Literally used the expression that I was flagging it up. "Worry" as in the colloquialism. Its "faux concern" in so far as I feel its worrying behavior for a villager, and throws Babs into my spot light right now. Is it enough to go "Babs is a wolf"? Not at the moment. Is it behavior I wouldn't think a villager would or should be carrying out? Definitely.

Babs didn't register on my radar at all for two days, and then 10 minutes before a lynch, starts throwing out names on an already tight vote. Why would you encourage a bandwagon for three people like that? A great way to cause anyone who isn't sure what way to vote to ponder joining one of her self-proclaimed bandwagons too.

God knows it looks like everyone was spread out with little guidance to go on....

Gabriel, you kind of admitted something there that you should possibly have been a bit more subtle with :pac:

Upside, you're rapidly falling off my list of suspects now though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    It was my assertion that you didn't need to clarify the second post as it was pretty obvious what you were saying in the first post.

Nothing sinister from my point of view. No need for that absolutely massive overreaction on your part

Apologies, I had just taken a complaint call from an "irate" customer. Maybe took my frustration out on you. Soz babs. I totally picked you up wrong. Still friends? :o

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    It looks like I have been misdiagnosed. I still don't have access to my backroom and a bite from Cujo would appear to only work at night.

I was able to post in the thread and I did use my lynch vote just down to not being able to access my backroom after last nights lynch (I cant recall the exact time I accessed the backroom pre lynch but I did have access at work after lunch).
    I initially thought it was just a bug or a log in issue but a PM to a mod confirmed the fact and it is part of the game mechanics.
    Looking back through the OP it now looks that I'm on the receiving end of Carrie's revenge? I submitted my lynch vote late on between 8pm and 9pm so I was probably the last to vote for Katie. I'm guessing that Katie was Carrie and is having her revenge on one of the people responsible for her death.
    The OP also says that Jake Epping involving himself in events will have positive and negative consequences for the village but I don't see where he actively involved himself in the game yet.

It's still night until munch

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I think this is a bit far fetched. How do you feel about Clodagh after the hangover excuse?

Still a wolf.

• Advertisement

Gabriel, you kind of admitted something there that you should possibly have been a bit more subtle with :pac:

Upside, you're rapidly falling off my list of suspects now though.

I already more or less said who I was yesterday with my slank cover excuse, lol - anyone paying the slightest bit of attention would know who I was :D

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Apologies, I had just taken a complaint call from an "irate" customer. Maybe took my frustration out on you. Soz babs. I totally picked you up wrong. Still friends? :o

You were my top villager till that post - now I'm wavering.

Always friends though :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Not tip-toeing round it at all. Literally used the expression that I was flagging it up. "Worry" as in the colloquialism. Its "faux concern" in so far as I feel its worrying behavior for a villager, and throws Babs into my spot light right now. Is it enough to go "Babs is a wolf"? Not at the moment. Is it behavior I wouldn't think a villager would or should be carrying out? Definitely.

Babs didn't register on my radar at all for two days, and then 10 minutes before a lynch, starts throwing out names on an already tight vote. Why would you encourage a bandwagon for three people like that? A great way to cause anyone who isn't sure what way to vote to ponder joining one of her self-proclaimed bandwagons too.

God knows it looks like everyone was spread out with little guidance to go on....

So why dont you ask Babs directly intead just tristing her into the spot light and more ir less say that you want someone else to question her.

Its not very villager, its more im helpful bit not that helpful

You were my top villager till that post - now I'm wavering.

Always friends though :D

Aww man! I am a villager tho. Swear.

So why dont you ask Babs directly

Given Babs has responded directly and took the questions as itnended, I think my posts very obviously did get questions and some answers. I do apologize if my language was not as blunt as you'd have liked though. I'll make a note for the future. :P

• Advertisement

Given Babs has responded directly and took the questions as itnended, I think my posts very obviously did get questions and some answers. I do apologize if my language was not as blunt as you'd have liked though. I'll make a note for the future. :P

Babs answers are irrelevant in the context. Youre pretending to be helpful or lazy.

Steve WW wrote: »
    It's still night until munch

For some reason I had it in my head that the munch had already happened.

To be fair Gerty Im leaning towards the latter. But sure its all in aid if finding wolves, so you dont mind right?

For some reason I had it in my head that the munch had already happened.

You probably just put in your order. As Stevie Nicks would say, LOL

To be fair Gerty Im leaning towards the latter. But sure its all in aid if finding wolves, so you dont mind right?

Course not, darling. Would be boring if everyone just ignored everyone else.

The more lights shined on shadows, the better.

So Gerty..... any read on Nigel..... or anyone

Whos top of your list

Abi why are you so sure you're getting munched today? Was there some big contribution to the village last night from you that I glossed over or something?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

/rant on

The FFAs thing still confuses me a little. LIke people can post lots of consensus people in their FFAs and then vote off wagon on someone who isn't getting any shade. I posted who I was going to vote straight up. I cant understand why the village doesnt do the same. But in this format people can just hide their vote in (1 of these 3 people) and then nobody has a clue whats going on ? I was trying to find out what was going on and see if my Gabriel vote was still good.

On my home forum that's kind of the done thing. You find out exactly where peoples thoughts lie and not just some wishywashy "well we could be voting one of these 4 people but nobody is really certain" and then you end up with 10 off wagon votes

/rant off

It was intirduced here as a wolf catching method really early on, most of us were noobs and so kept it on, our new players kept it going as the norm I guess. We haven't really seen many alternatives.

It works better when more ofthe group plays ball but we aren't, is public voting or read lists your best alternatives?

Abi why are you so sure you're getting munched today? Was there some big contribution to the village last night from you that I glossed over or something?

Im no genuis but its what I think.

Maybe Im unmodest but Id munch me. I believe Im right about Katie Vern and Nigel. Maybe Ewan too. Nigel more than most.

Hi wolfves. See you in 10

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I already more or less said who I was yesterday with my slank cover excuse, lol - anyone paying the slightest bit of attention would know who I was :D

*woooosh*

No idea whats happening, I hope if any,Rv gets munched its me tho

• Advertisement

Im no genuis but its what I think.

Maybe Im unimmodest but Id munch me. I believe Im right about Katie Vern and Nigel. Maybe Ewan too. Nigel more than most.

Hi wolfves. See you in 10

FYP. #grammarnazi
    Ok fair enough. It's kinda a wolfy tactic though to strongly claim that you're gonna be munched this morning. It's not really sitting well with me. And unless and until a priest comes out to confirm the roles of the dead we can't be sure of what Katie was. I do agree that I think she was a wolf though.

Mary WW wrote: »
    It was intirduced here as a wolf catching method really early on, most of us were noobs and so kept it on, our new players kept it going as the norm I guess. We haven't really seen many alternatives.

It works better when more ofthe group plays ball but we aren't, is public voting or read lists your best alternatives?

Combination of the two.

Reads list of as many people in the game and then public voting on top of that. Public voting does hurt the wolves I agree, but then I'd make the wolf teams bigger than you guys do here to compensate

And speaking of reads list, im working on mine. Will post a detailed one in a couple of hours if I survive the munch.

But current feels are Abigail, Wendy, Getrude, Liam and Doris as villager leans right now. Equally I have 5 wolf suspects in Nigel, Clodagh, Isla, Gabriel and Oisin. Very confident on the first in each list

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Does anyone wanna say they're NOT a roled villager this morning? :p

So Gerty..... any read on Nigel..... or anyone

Whos top of your list

Nigel - Somehow barely survived night one. Kept his head down all day yesterday though, doesn't feel like it was for contributing anything either. Just seemed to let everyone forget about him, and only picked up one vote. No strong read at the moment, which is more worrying at this point in the game.

Main note is I REALLY did not like how he tried to downplay the importance of FFAs last night. I think a lack of information does nothing but help the wolves. And when pulled up on it, dismisses it and says "Lets just talk about FFAs after the game". Really don't like that.

Gabriel was top of my list last night, but falling off a good bit this morning. Babs was up there, hence my posts this morning. Mary still in my good column, though more for contribution on Day 1 rather than Day 2. Day one for me, really felt Tegan was bad, yesterday Gabs was top of the list. I'll sit down over the morning, figure out who I think is the most suspect today.

Not much in the way of "X is evil", more there's people I trust more than others right now, and I'll be focusing more on people who I've not got a read on today. The FFA thing annoyed me with Nigel though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Combination of the two.

Reads list of as many people in the game and then public voting on top of that. Public voting does hurt the wolves I agree, but then I'd make the wolf teams bigger than you guys do here to compensate

And speaking of reads list, im working on mine. Will post a detailed one in a couple of hours if I survive the munch.

But current feels are Abigail, Wendy, Getrude, Liam and Doris as villager leans right now. Equally I have 5 wolf suspects in Nigel, Clodagh, Isla, Gabriel and Oisin. Very confident on the first in each list

I always play like a badie, even when I am. But I get results, bear with me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Someone decided action was required and sought to find the killers by themselves. They searched and searched, and found a possible location for the monsters terrorising the town of Derry.

Gathering together their best caving equipment, they dived into the darkness of the Derry sewers, armed with a pickaxe and a box of matches.

At the bottom of the tunnel, they lit a match to see where they were....

tumblr_mngpogWZWp1rquhqmo1_500.gif

The sight that greeted them turned their stomach and made their insides become their outsides...

sIkkz2Jqfjnx.gif

As Steve WW stared into the beast's eyes, the only thing they knew now was....

tenor.gif?itemid=3549848

Steve WW was killed.

Meanwhile.....

Abigail WW was beginning to fear the worst. They went to church and prayed, yet there was still more death. Powers, prayers, nothing was working, and it became clear - in their mind, at least - that the apocalypse was upon the town.

Abigail WW took to the streets late at night, shouting and ringing an old brass bell to warn the townsfolk...

IZsmUsR.gif

'Bring out Your Dead!'

They were so busy ringing the bell that they never noticed the familiar click-clack of of those boots on the footpath. A descending shadow looming just as the other residents cowered inside to get some respite from the clatter Abigail WW was making.

Abigail WW turned around to meet familiar red eyes in the distance...

Dft1jsX.jpg?1

The figure smiled and let out a wolf whistle - Suddenly, dashing vicious and snarling from around the alley corner with similar red, murderous eyes to his master....

MV5BZDYzMTM0ZjctZTg3MS00MWNkLWJmYjUtNmEwZDBjZWI5YmZjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

The beast pounced on Abigail WW, tearing their throat out with ease. The figure clicked his fingers once it was obvious that the mangled victim would not be getting up. The obedient, furry killer followed at his heels into the night, before anyone could see them.

Abigail WW has been killed.

Furthermore....

Conor WW was staying in a motel along the outskirts of Derry. Knowing they were probably a wanted person, they felt it best to avoid the crowds and stay out of sight by not interacting with the crowds or partaking in the discussion.

They were wrong.

A certain, omnipotent, axe wielding lunatic bided his time. He spent the entire night sharpening his axe on the whetstone in anticipation for this, his first kill. He had stayed his hand the first night, as the guilty offenders had promised to change - but he could not sate his appetite any longer.

He smashed down the door to the motel room:

original.gif

200.gif

Conor screamed as Jack Torrance approached, axe in hand:

tenor.gif?itemid=5636475

500full.jpg

They collapsed to the floor and Jack finally gave him what he desired - the sweet release of death, coupled with no more posting or voting requirements.

Conor WW has been killed by Jack Torrance

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Great work guys on the flavas.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Damn, three in one go is not good for the village.

Can understand Abigail being targeted, since she had accused so many. Not sure why Steve was a target, gonna re-read his posts to see if anything jumps out.

Abigail was pushing nigel hard.

I shall carry the torch for you Abigail.

Vern and Ewan should not be beyond reproach either but Nigel must go!

• Advertisement

FYP. #grammarnazi
    Ok fair enough. It's kinda a wolfy tactic though to strongly claim that you're gonna be munched this morning. It's not really sitting well with me. And unless and until a priest comes out to confirm the roles of the dead we can't be sure of what Katie was. I do agree that I think she was a wolf though.

Welp so much for that theory. :rolleyes:

Advertisement