Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    The backpeddling is incredible here

An na na na na na
    Angus

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Ewan I'd love to see a full read list from you
    Wendy WW wrote: »
    Have you any more suspicions on Mary today to keep her on your FFA or have you any other reads on people? Is anyone more suspicious today? Who are you thinking for wolf? What do you think of the Angus situation? Or the Eva discussion? Or even the Nigel discussion seeing as how he's dropped away from consideration since this morning.

I had posted a list earlier of posters that Steve had been looking at before he was munched. I'd be VERY surprised if there isn't a wolf or two among them. Somebody took out Steve because he was onto them. For that reason I'm very interested in Clodagh, but there haven't been enough posts for me to really judge her apart from that.

Angus looks very very suspicious, based on the fact that Steve openly suspected him and now all this stuff about trying to find roled villagers. I'll put out an FFA in a while, but at the minute he's top of it.

Nigel: struck me that there was a bit of bandwagoning going on with him, I dunno why so many people suspected him yesterday. That said, don't have a strong read either way.

Mary: My only suspicion is the Derry thing from day 1, otherwise not enough to go on to be worth a lynch vote at the minute.

Eva: I don't think has done anything massively suspicious, but the fact that she was on Steve's list is one reason why I'm keeping an eye on her. Good candidate for a roled villager to check I think.

Others who Steve was suspicious of:

Gertrude: Don't think is a wolf, playing a very good game if so, with a good few helpful posts for the village.

Conor: Gone.

Barbara: Steve's logic seemed to be that she was teamed with Des, but I never got much of a wolfy vibe from Desmond, who I still think was shot by a wolf to implicate Doris.

Like I say, I'll do an FFA soon, it'll probably have Angus, Clodagh and Isla on it. (I've come around to thinkin that Isla might have got Orla killed because she thought that Orla was a roled villager and a threat to her).

Those are the ones I'm lookin at at the minute.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I have loads to do today so I’ll not be posting again till after 7 but I’ll say this. I know who you are your a fellow villager and If you are that easily led into targeting me by the baddies killing someone that was screaming for my blood then you are far less the tactician than I thought you were. Although I’ve seen you make so pretty stupid moves before so it’s not that surprising really.

Fionia I’ll tell you know that when you were going after Barbra yesterday for changing tack on me I assumed that you were missing the obvious fact that Barbra was our seer and had peeked me. I can see I’m wrong now as there’s no need to go back on me so she’s just a villager.

Abi went after me cos I got her confused with fionia and put her in my ffa. She was clearly a baddie and she’s been killed because of thatvand cos it would put me in a bad light.

Gertrude i was told not to vote on the lynch, I didn’t . I was to do a FFA , I did.
    I only said after it was being discussed that others don’t do them and clearly had no plans to do them that I though it might be funnbotvto do them.
    You said that that discussion was Pro wolf so I stopped and you still blood think I’m “dropping it too easily “

I told you that people don’t discuss stuff enough outside the game and you agreed but your just looking to kill me. Fair enough tunnel away give the wolves an easy ride.

Let’s do the FFA properly and have me race against the top two results and give the baddies less place to hide so leave me off and run me against two acual winners that’s a structure that might work instead of the ffa being ran and then no one following it’s results .

My #Ffa3

Brendan
    Wendy
    Gertrude
    I was in the jacks. And I only had time to post that and then to retort to whatever €&@&& that felt the need to ignore the content and pick on the post instead. A real ffa that people acually stand by instead of just throwingboutvtheee names and then voting away might acually do what Gertrude wants but instead he ignores it and decides it’s a prepared statement.

Anyways yiz are frustrating me, my ffa is in and I’ll vote but I’ll be busy as I said
    TTFN bitches.
    Clearly I was waiting around to see if the sphere came up
    It’s the pink one so it take your power if you miss so really bad for the seer the sk checker and the bodyguard
    Also bad for peole with other powers like Carrie I suppose but not as important
    No youb didnvbosco you saids that we wouldn’t know if it was worth using it on a lynched in the same sentence as you said go after rvs

You ded

For someone who was not going to be back till 7 your keeping a close eye on things. As it stands Angus has likely given you a reprieve but as soon as a bit of momentum built around him you were on quick enough.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Catching up.

Considering Nigel was to be offline all day, he has conveniently popped up right as it looks like someone else is in trouble to pile on....

Ummmm Angus. I don't think villagers should be hunting for rolled villagers. Only wolves would do that. Why would you say that?
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Ffa 3

Doris - same as yesterday
    Brendan - same as yesterday
    And I think Liam is very sus as well.
    Lol I’m changing my ffa
    Doris
    Brendan
    And Angus

Thank you Wendy :)

Also stands out a bit how quickly and eagerly Eva was to switch her vote, and how fully voiced she was getting on that train immediately when it was suggested.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Ok so this is the sequence of events here:
    Angus WW wrote: »
    If a villager got this they shouldn't announce it, just get looking through the thread for role hints.
    Well if we are killing someone they could just use the sphere on them to stop their second life power is my advice.

We wouldn't know if that worked would we? There's no role reveal on death so a two life block still looks like a single death. We'd be no wiser about who we killed. Looking for RV hints makes more sense imo.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Why though? We don't want to block a RV? We wanna block a wolf. There is a randomness to to it too that's a bit worrying but maybe the safest option is to use it on someone who's possibly getting lynched to prevent a two life scenario. We can't afford a two life hit, even though it would be good to know we got a wolf
    Ummmm Angus. I don't think villagers should be hunting for rolled villagers. Only wolves would do that. Why would you say that?
    I'm going to have to admit to being quite think here. In my haste to read through posts I got the blue sphere and pink sphere confused. I had it in my head that we should be looking for RV to protect with a bonus protection.

That's why I saw getting thick with ye because I couldn't understand how ye were missing how the orb worked. When I went back to it to check I realized I'd ****ed up.

So what Angus is saying is that he thought it was the Blue sphere up for grabs, which provides protection to the nominee. In which case, if a villager got it, he should try find a rolled villager to give it to.
    So I do think it kinda makes sense with what Angus's bolded post is alluding to.
    I'm not quite sure though how you could think it was the Pink sphere for half of the bolded post and then your brain switch to the Blue sphere for the second half of the post. Does that sound plausible to anyone else? Coz I've been known to have massive brain farts before but that's a pretty spectacular one.

Think of it from the other end though, if he is actually a wolf would he slip up so badly?

I'm trying to puzzle this out and I just don't know what the answer is here. It does seem like a pretty confused post but the problem is with the last line.

I'm sorry Angus but unless you have a role reveal for us tonight I think we're gonna have to lynch you.

Catching up.

Considering Nigel was to be offline all day, he has conveniently popped up right as it looks like someone else is in trouble to pile on....

I’m not in a coma I’m busy at work, how long since my last post ?

I’m not in a coma I’m busy at work, how long since my last post ?

Two hours and 38 minutes I was away ffs. Anyway I’m gong back in for an indefinite amount of time

Later losers

• Advertisement

Two hours and 38 minutes I was away ffs. Anyway I’m gong back in for an indefinite amount of time

Later losers

And he slinks back to the shadows.....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I'm playing this in the middle of work because its nearly impossible when at home. I had a phone call mid typing and was mulling things over in my head while talking. It's a **** up but the only person its hurt is me, the village was never going to go "oh yeah lets all out ourselves". I've warned other players who were being sloppy Like Conor if anyone wants to check back.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Doing a bit of a quick catch up.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone....I made a couple of pretty basic mistakes yesterday on misinterpreting the OP or just plain thinking I had read things that actually weren't there and was fortunate to escape the lynch, so I'm giving Angus the benefit of the doubt on his mistake on the spheres.

Maybe I'm naïve but there ya go!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I made a mistake but ye want to be watching how quick Nigel jumped in to attack after he had pressure on him. Delighted to divert it elsewhere. I've made my mistake and explained it but ye should be watching more than just me here. Ye should be watching for wolves who would be dying to get a villager lynched.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I made a mistake but ye want to be watching how quick Nigel jumped in to attack after he had pressure on him. Delighted to divert it elsewhere. I've made my mistake and explained it but ye should be watching more than just me here. Ye should be watching for wolves who would be dying to get a villager lynched.

I have noted Eva and Nigel's responses yeah.

I have noted Eva and Nigel's responses yeah.

I'm not going to bang on the Nigel drum much more. He's been flagging up for me all day.

But I'm looking at Eva's votes and FFAs.

FFA 1 - Didn't do one (That I can see)

Vote 1 - Last person to vote for Tegan, so seemingly could be the most open to a "bandwagon" accusation

(She did reference this in a post afterwards...though could be a very handy excuse for ending up as the last person on that bandwagon)
    Ok lunch break so I can answer these issues; firstly I voted for Tegan at 2pm however the phone capitalises the first letter in that password field so when I read back when I popped in to watch the lynch and saw Quickbeam saying that spelling was important I voted again, this was quite close to 9pm.

FFA 2 - Dorris, Brendan, Abi - But again, one of the last to do it, and only did it after the majority had, and were guilting people into doing them. Straight up admits that to by saying....
    Its probably better do one so.
    Doris - sorry but what happened there I have no idea
    Brendan - helpful wolf
    Abigail - have no doubt we be told if there was a substitution.

Its....not the strongest.

Vote 2 - Voted Dorris (Earliest registered Dorris voter too)

(I can't find the exact post for this one, but if I remember right, Eva said they were voting Dorris early in the day, long before discussions were being had about where votes were looking where they were going? THAT might be )

FFA3 today

Ffa 3

Doris - same as yesterday
    Brendan - same as yesterday
    And I think Liam is very sus as well.

Minutes latter
    Lol I’m changing my ffa
    Doris
    Brendan
    And Angus

Thank you Wendy :)

Changed on a whim cause someone else posted something they could latch on to, without having to come up with a solid reason themselves later.
    I have to go but if you need more detail

Doris - talks in rhyme and acts wierd so went in my ffa so she could be an option if something came up later

Brendan- has played the chatty helpful wolf all game and is often clearly trying to divert stuff, at the moment it’s attention for Angus but it has happened all game.

Angus - wants to target rolled villagers instead of whoever we are lynching. I need bit say more only his excuse was that he mentvthe wolf would want to do that. I’ll quite what I’m resting toband then I’m back at my desk.

Something that strikes me, actually, when I'm quoting all the FFAs, is that the final one doesn't line up stylistically with the others at all. Maybe I'm imagining it, but the language is way more elegant, the formatting of the post is stronger....the spelling is rough, admittedly, still.

Someone more cynical than I, though, might think that someone grabbed Eva and said after not posting an FFA on day one, posting a shoddy one on day two, that maybe posting another one like that on Day 3 might be suspect, and so they should expand on their selections.

Jesus, 1 post in 1 hour. What the hell? Is everyone "at work"? :S

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Acually can’t at this juncture but i tell you straight away once I can. Maybe read back in your posts and try to put yourself in my shoes.
    What seals it ? Your soo bandwagoning it’s rediculious.
    Liam WW wrote: »
    This is a **** show

But, one thing I hate, above all else, is when someone is FFAed or challenged and they respond with: don't for me, Ive something important coming down the tracks, aka Ive a role or know something about a (good) role.

**** that ****.

Right, mea culpa

Eggonmyface.jpg

****ed up my vote last night, it wasn't Conor that struck me with the "claim" it was Nigel, see above. Eugh, I hate anonymous games, particularly when playing so much on the phone.
    Sorry folks, should have FFAed/voted Nigel.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Tbf, does that sound great when you read it back to yourself?

@Eva, when you get back. Why was Liam suss to you earlier?

• Advertisement

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Tbf, does that sound great when you read it back to yourself?

Nope.

Lynch away.

Nope.

Lynch away.

Maybe Eva first? Any thoughts on that?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

My FFA3 for tonight is going to be

Isla
    Angus
    Nigel

Isla
    I cant ignore the fact that Isla was in direct conversation with two people who died yesterday, I cant help but feel the out of sight out mind line is coming into play here. Katie tried the same last night and it nearly worked tbh, she only scraped by Doris.

Angus and Nigel have been well documented, Im not sure how I feel on both yet. I will do a read through again this evening and make a decision on what way to vote as Im leaning towards one being a wolf and one being not. I dont see both as villagers nor do I see both as wolves unless on opposing teams. Leaning more towards Angus as we stand.

Honorable mention for Clodagh who has gone completely and barely engaged at all in any FFAs along with Frank.

A dishonorable mention to everyone who cant be arsed to get involved!

Right, mea culpa

Eggonmyface.jpg

****ed up my vote last night, it wasn't Conor that struck me with the "claim" it was Nigel, see above. Eugh, I hate anonymous games, particularly when playing so much on the phone.
    Sorry folks, should have FFAed/voted Nigel.

I told you this today
    I thought Barbra had peeked me as I knew she was good and she changed from anti Nigel to pro nigel so I wanted Gertrude to cop on as the main reason people change 180 on people is peeking.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Doing a bit of a quick catch up.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone....I made a couple of pretty basic mistakes yesterday on misinterpreting the OP or just plain thinking I had read things that actually weren't there and was fortunate to escape the lynch, so I'm giving Angus the benefit of the doubt on his mistake on the spheres.

Maybe I'm naïve but there ya go!

What do you think of Angus otherwise?

Maybe Eva first? Any thoughts on that?

To be honest, personally I would still be looking at Nigel, for the reasons I gave yesterday (albeit incorrectly associated with Conor) and his post this morning at 10.25 screams of someone trying too hard to be disregarded for an FFA. He said he'd be back on after 7pm which gives a fair opportunity for further work on his front.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Eva, you’re a very diligent villager aren’t you? Wolfy Liam goes in, then first chance you get wolfy Liam goes back out for angus.

But wait you protest, I’m just being consistent with my work yesterday, modifying as new info comes up. Heres yesterday’s ffa:

Wolves worry about being consistent.

Eva wolf lean

If you have to lynch me tonight so be it but it’s a waste of the opportunity to zap someone with the pink sphere and then lynch them

But catch a wolf lynch a wolf it should be Angus.

To be honest, personally I would still be looking at Nigel, for the reasons I gave yesterday (albeit incorrectly associated with Conor) and his post this morning at 10.25 screams of someone trying too hard to be disregarded for an FFA. He said he'd be back on after 7pm which gives a fair opportunity for further work on his front.

Asking to be one of the people up for vote is trying not to be up for vote ?
    Is that what your saying ?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I told you this today
    I thought Barbra had peeked me as I knew she was good and she changed from anti Nigel to pro nigel so I wanted Gertrude to cop on as the main reason people change 180 on people is peeking.

I beg, no wait, I implore you to point out where I went pro nigel.

Advertisement