Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Ok angus, when someone keeps not answering that’s useful too.

My theory:

You’re Flagg

An 8:46 reveal meant everyone had to react quickly so the gaps wouldn’t catch you out. You had to do that because if they lynched you with the sphere around you were done

Conveniently you had the info on who the wolves killed so you could give a peek on Derry who is now gone, killed by wolves

Carrie was easy cause you had a peek from the previous night. Key was you had to avoid been asked to peek someone else. So you ignored the crowd and bingo came back with a peek

I’m guessing tonight you’ll be taking requests if your evil seer is still in play

Hi Fiona. Sorry, I'm in work so can't always reply straight away. Yes my third pick was Carrie. I don't expect to be alive after the munch to be honest so I'm going to be spending more time working than here.

Check my posts though. I've been given Andy advise on how best to use his power to match with mine. Nigel who I've been wary of has turned out to be a baddy. I think I've been pro village this whole time. I'm fuming that one stupid absentminded mix up has put us here as I felt we were going pretty well up to now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Hi Fiona. Sorry, I'm in work so can't always reply straight away. Yes my third pick was Carrie. I don't expect to be alive after the munch to be honest so I'm going to be spending more time working than here.

Check my posts though. I've been given Andy advise on how best to use his power to match with mine. Nigel who I've been wary of has turned out to be a baddy. I think I've been pro village this whole time. I'm fuming that one stupid absentminded mix up has put us here as I felt we were going pretty well up to now.

There were 2 mix ups though Angus.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

No, who was your third peek before you revealed

N0 peek Sunday, then a munch
    N1 peek Monday then a munch
    N2 peek Tuesday then a munch

You should have 3 peeks at that point

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

No Fiona. There would've been no peek on N0 as the OP says it's only after a lynch. So his first peek would've been Monday night.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Since not much has happened since my last posts, my choices haven't changed:

FFA3

1. Angus - Maybe killed Steve because Steve was suspicious of him. The push to unmask roled villagers and then the backtracking might have just been a mistake on his part, but he looks the most suspicious to me, and I'll be voting for him unless something changes.
    2. Clodagh - As above, might have gone for Steve when he got suspicious of her. Need more posts from her, an FFA with explanations would be useful.
    3. Isla - The idea that she got worried and killed Orla is more and more convincing to me. She might have been set up by the wolves, but I'm suspicious.

Wanna recommend that Clodagh and Isla be peeked, I think there's enough reason to check both of them.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    FFA 1,2 and 3

Nigel - Nigel is talking complete and utter horse****. Awkward entrance to the game and it has been all awkward ever since. Abigail attacked him hard and I am resolved to follow through. His entrance today appeared pre-written with what seemed foreknowledge of Abi's death and included the note that he wouldn't be around till 7 tonight. He hasn't been able to stay away and as soon as a wagon on Angus materialised, He leapt all over it. Lies, more lies and damn lies!

Clodagh - First post was total excitement at the game starting and how she had nothing to do for the week. Since then she had had everything to do for the week. What she has contributed basically amounts to nothing. Votes on the same person two days in a row, off wagon

Eva - I have been completely swayed by Fiona's arguments today. The post about wanting to appear consistent was very wolfy to me.

Isla, Gabriel and Oisin still all looking wolfy to me too, but those 3 above are the top 3.
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    If you meant to post this in your backroom I might die of laughter :D

So, Eva is a wolf and made a mistake posting in wrong place?

Isla WW wrote: »
    I also voted for Clodagh each time to try and convey that I'd peeked her.
    How the heck would I know? I'm not a seer. That was the whole point. Drop hints that I'm a seer and then get munched and take someone with me.

So you just kept going for me to try and draw a hit on yourself?

Liam WW wrote: »
    Hinting at Clodagh when Clodagh wasn't a wolf wouldn't do you much good.

Exactly and I am not a wolf or a SK

There are two teams Liam. If Clodagh isn't a wolf, she could be an SK, the wolves wouldn't know would they?

Unless they are communicating in the backroom, but we don't know that. And even if they were why would they share their names with the other bad team?

So, apologise again for my absence. I am able to post again a bit more. Will not derail thread with excuses/reasons.

Is Angus the real deal or is he
    "Leland Gaunt (Needful Things): Twisted and deranged owner of Needful Things. Gaunt can use his bag of tricks once every second night to peek into the very soul of the player of his choice...."

And is Isla the real deal or is this all stuff cooked up in the backrooms?

I read over from 11.30am yesterday this morning and may have missed things. Not even sure who is all dead at this point either.
    I just needed to make sure I was still in the land of the living before I posted lol.

I see I am on a good few FFA's despite not even posting. I think there are wolves for sure in the ones adding me to their FFAs

• Advertisement

Trying to put my thoughts together on this who fiasco.

Angus has claimed seer:
    Peeked Derry as NRV on Monday apparantly. No indication or hint of that in his posts after the lynch on Monday night. His last post before the lynch was 20.44 and he didn't post again till 7.31 on Tuesday. Derry is dead so can't confirm the peek.
    Peeked Liam as NRV on Tuesday night. Posted at 21.23 and still no hint of who he had peeked or any clearing of Liam at all. Liam has not confirmed that this is correct (not sure why?)
    After pressure last night he chooses Isla to peek and it comes back with Carrie. Isla has confirmed this.

So scenario 1: Angus is a wolf. How could he have pulled this off?
    Wolves killed Derry on Tuesday morning so Barlow (wolf priest) would've got his role.
    Wolf Seer could have peeked Isla yesterday and got her role.
    I have no explination for how he would know Liam's role though. So I think if Liam can confirm that he's NRV then Angus may be on the level. Only thing is if Liam is also a wolf. Everyone knows the contents of the NRV PM so wolves could've picked a King character and given it to Liam to play so as to back up Angus's claim. (trickier to do this with the Carrie role as no one has obviously died yet so Carrie is still alive). It's committing 2 wolves to a play though. If they're found out, both will hang.

Scenario 2: Angus is the seer. Isla has confirmed his peek on her was correct and we're still waiting for Liam to confirm the peek on him.
    So we need Liam to confirm Angus' peek on him.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »

So you just kept going for me to try and draw a hit on yourself?

Exactly and I am not a wolf or a SK

And is Isla the real deal or is this all stuff cooked up in the backrooms?

I read over from 11.30am yesterday this morning and may have missed things. Not even sure who is all dead at this point either.
    I just needed to make sure I was still in the land of the living before I posted lol.

I see I am on a good few FFA's despite not even posting. I think there are wolves for sure in the ones adding me to their FFAs

Well I didn't know if you were a wolf/SK or not and thought your mention of Carrie early on might be a wolf/SK subtly trying to hint that's who you were.

Angus if you’re not going to even try to explain the 3 peeks question answer this

Why did you only reveal with < 15 mins to lynch? You were too or near top for much longer and you had a running total of ffas being provided for a long time. Why wait so late when it stops the village coming up with a viable strategy?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I’m not completely sold on this seer stuff.

But anybody know what this means :

Annie Wilkes (Misery): Determined to inflict Misery upon the village, and in particular her one true obsession. If Annie’s team is successful in taking them down, they will gain an extra kill.

If Annie’s team is successful at what? If she beats the village they win so what’s the target to get the extra kill? Could that be that there is a Paul Sheldon character and if the wolves get him they get an extra kill?

Wendy WW wrote: »
    No Fiona. There would've been no peek on N0 as the OP says it's only after a lynch. So his first peek would've been Monday night.

There’s always some sort of n0 peek, I don’t ever remember a game without one

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »

Annie Wilkes (Misery): Determined to inflict Misery upon the village, and in particular her one true obsession. If Annie’s team is successful in taking them down, they will gain an extra kill.

If Annie’s team is successful at what? If she beats the village they win so what’s the target to get the extra kill? Could that be that there is a Paul Sheldon character and if the wolves get him they get an extra kill?

This is exactly what I think the role means. If they kill Paul, they get an extra kill.

There’s always some sort of n0 peek, I don’t ever remember a game without one

No I remember plenty of games with no N0 peek. I've modded one myself.

Angus if you’re not going to even try to explain the 3 peeks question answer this

Why did you only reveal with < 15 mins to lynch? You were too or near top for much longer and you had a running total of ffas being provided for a long time. Why wait so late when it stops the village coming up with a viable strategy?

Derry >> blind day one pick
    Liam >> he looked like he was trying to coast by with minimum input
    Isla >> wanted to sort out the triangle of design/Isla/Doris

I revealed late because I thought Nigel naming villagers would be enough for the village to see sense and lynch him but it didn't look like that was going to happen. He wanted the priest to come out too and I chose to be more useful alive than dead. It worked out pretty well as it looks like we got IT.

Good question. It was discussed yesterday but yeah I’d assumed originally there was a Sheldon character in there somewhere

Derry >> blind day one pick
    Liam >> he looked like he was trying to coast by with minimum input
    Isla >> wanted to sort out the triangle of design/Isla/Doris

I revealed late because I thought Nigel naming villagers would be enough for the village to see sense and lynch him but it didn't look like that was going to happen. He wanted the priest to come out too and I chose to be more useful alive than dead. It worked out pretty well as it looks like we got IT.

Where’s your N0?

Also, why would you name Carrie. Revealing isla was an RV for example puts a target on her and she can still confirm. Telling the wolves it’s a Carrie bomb not so much. Given Carrie dying by munch is good for the village why would you do that?

Fiona, I appreciate you going after me, it's what a good villager should do but people here need to pay more attention. There was no N0 pick as per OP. Annie gets an extra kill if she finds Sheldon as per OP.

Also, why do you think we got IT and Oisin wasn’t a lover?

Where’s your N0?

Also, why would you name Carrie. Revealing isla was an RV for example puts a target on her and she can still confirm. Telling the wolves it’s a Carrie bomb not so much. Given Carrie dying by munch is good for the village why would you do that?

I asked the village if they were happy. The people who were on said they were.

Also, why do you think we got IT and Oisin wasn’t a lover?

I don't understand what you mean by lover?

In fairness Fiona, most of the players agreed that he should reveal the name.

• Advertisement

Also , are we taking it the VIG is dead? If not, WTF ?!

Interesting to see who baddies go after, twould be great if we got team SK and there was no extra kill.

So this Angus thing:

Angus about to be Munched and reveals as seer...... Says Liam is good. Isla is Carrie and Derry was nobody...

Liam is reserving the right to not confirm this.

Isla is on board.

So Liam can still technically make up some excuse if isla/Angus are wolves but as far as I’m concerned he’s gotta die if they are found out as wolves.

So the question is what would the wolves need to pull this off? They need to know the seer can’t or won’t talk and that either isla is Carrie or Carrie is dead.

Any chance that the bag of tricks one baddy gets doesn’t allow a character to publically day who they are? Like “You can’t reveal your role in game” . That is you can sort of steal their identity? Other more experienced players will know if this role exists anywhere...

So the alternative is straight forward seer and/or Carrie has died. I think I’m
    Correct in saying 7 players had died just before last night’s lynch. A good chance one of the roles was in that group.

I feel like I’m missing something here. If wolves got the seer and knew he was dead, if angus dies at munch it could be SK kill which could lead the village to follow Liam and isla to our doom. Isla wouldn’t be killed by sk or wolves so would
    Have an excuse for rest of game..... one wolf would of been sacrificed for two “wolf villagers”.. with Liam holding off with going all in until the plan works..

I don’t know, it’s a very dangerous strategy but I just can’t fully get on board with this angus reveal.......

I don't understand what you mean by lover?

Bill Denborough & Beverley Marsh: The childhood sweethearts who share a room from the beginning of the game. Whatever happens in there is entirely up to them.

These are likely lovers. If one dies the other dies 24 hours later

Bill Denborough & Beverley Marsh: The childhood sweethearts who share a room from the beginning of the game. Whatever happens in there is entirely up to them.

Only problem with this is don’t the lovers usually know this, so why wouldn’t they just come out on thread and share what they think with the village before they die?

Only problem with this is don’t the lovers usually know this, so why wouldn’t they just come out on thread and share what they think with the village before they die?

Considered this, don’t have an answer yet

I read it as IT was killed and Stan committed suicide (as the OP indicates). I hadn't thought of the Beverly/Bill connection to be honest. Not sure it fits to be honest.

Any reason the person who used the sphere can’t step forward and confirm the details?

I read it as IT was killed and Stan committed suicide (as the OP indicates). I hadn't thought of the Beverly/Bill connection to be honest. Not sure it fits to be honest.

The op doesn’t actually say that

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Morning all.
    I don’t know, it’s a very dangerous strategy but I just can’t fully get on board with this angus reveal.......

My head was frazzled by the flurry last night. Same as I said to Abi yesterday, I'm very much reserving judgement till I see what way the lynch goes. You'd have to imagine if Angus is on the level, the wolves would target him this morning, right?

Fiona, you're saying about lovers and stuff. Like Oisin is one.

So do you think there's a chance Lover #1 died yesterday, or a likelihood Lover 2 will be going tonight?

That’s exactly how I read it...

Can you understand why your reveal is so difficult to accept and how dangerous it is for the village to follow?

• Advertisement

Any reason the person who used the sphere can’t step forward and confirm the details?

Good call actually. Anyone wanna claim it?

Advertisement