Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I'm guessing Penny-wise was killed, but has come back as another player account. Stan has died because he can't face fighting him again.
    Phil WW wrote: »
    Yeh, I’m not happy with this at all.... Basically handing the wolves an extra kill is kamikaze village stuff... What benefit is it to the village for Doris to die, wolves get another kill and they can use that kill to kill Ewan? Like I don’t get the angle here....
    Wendy WW wrote: »
    There is always the possibility that I'm a drunk priest.

Thing is Wendy, I'm inclined to believe that wolves or SK would not announced "All SKs are dead!" right before the SKs get a kill. It was an instant destruction of your story. If you were bad, it was a dreadful attempt to make in a bid to get credibility.

Obviously I don't believe Ewan.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Seriously, kill steakhead tonight.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Because Angus says isla is Carrie and Ewan says Doris is.
    Now of the two of them which was trying to be killed all game ?

No, Ewan said that Doris is Paul Sheldon

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Ok we're picking this apart like I did with Angus earlier.

Scenario 1: Ewan is a filthy wolf who will pay for his crimes when I get my hands on him.
    Same as with Angus: As far as I know the wolf seer would've had a peek by now (maybe 2 depending on when they got their first peek). So Ewan could potentially have peeked Doris as Paul Sheldon to confirm himself. Mary had already come out on thread so that was an easy one to put in as the second peek. Gertrude must've been a wild stab in the dark but it's very risky if she's rolled.

Scenario 2: Ewan is the real seer, Angus is the lying wolf. This would explain why Ewan was so hard on Angus last night and why he refused to move off him when the votes were going in and Nigel was looking well dodgy.
    In this scenario either Angus had Liam's help with the reveal, in which case Liam is also a wolf. Or else he took a wild stab in the dark and Liam's refusal to confirm his peek is damning evidence against him.

So what does the village do with this? We have to decide who to believe.

Your scenario 2 is only half right. I was all over Angus last night because I thought (didn't know) he was a wolf because a) The Steve thing and b) Angus' mess up with trying to get people to find roled villagers. I didn't know anything for sure until he claimed to be the seer.

Thing is Wendy, I'm inclined to believe that wolves or SK would not announced "All SKs are dead!" right before the SKs get a kill. It was an instant destruction of your story. If you were bad, it was a dreadful attempt to make in a bid to get credibility.

Obviously I don't believe Ewan.

Sorry I'm not actually clear here at all. Are you saying you don't believe me or you do?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Witch trial Gertie if she dies she isnt a witch and we are very sorry if she lives she is a lying dirty witch and we hang her again, worked fine in the 1800s :D

Yeh, I’m not happy with this at all.... Basically handing the wolves an extra kill is kamikaze village stuff... What benefit is it to the village for Doris to die, wolves get another kill and they can use that kill to kill Ewan? Like I don’t get the angle here....

If you don't like the decision that's fair enough. My view is:

Killing Randall + another wolf (Angus) > Seer (me) and Paul (Doris) dying.

I can only see it as a plus for the village at this point.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

No, Ewan said that Doris is Paul Sheldon

Oh I’m at work skimming who is Carrie is there a counter claim.
    Also Doris getting killed on purpose still makes sense. I just don’t get Doris as a baddie at the moment.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Seriously, kill steakhead tonight.

Are you who I said you are??

Also Doris getting killed on purpose still makes sense. I just don’t get Doris as a baddie at the moment.

There's no counter claim. Angus claimed Isla was Carrie, Isla has confirmed that this is true.

• Advertisement

Ewan WW wrote: »
    If you don't like the decision that's fair enough. My view is:

Killing Randall + another wolf (Angus) > Seer (me) and Paul (Doris) dying.

I can only see it as a plus for the village at this point.

you could have just said i was a nrv and i would have agreed with you, you could have hinted to me on thread you knew my actual role, thats all people are saying but its grand it is what it is now.

Liam unless your RV I'm not sure why you won't confirm or deny Liam's peek.

Wolf seer would've only got one peek (I think) by this stage so he got Carrie right. If you're not who he said then Angus needs to die.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Witch trial Gertie if she dies she isnt a witch and we are very sorry if she lives she is a lying dirty witch and we hang her again, worked fine in the 1800s :D

I'm voting for Gertrude anyway. Can't really see a downside. If she dies then I'm a wolf, so village gets a guaranteed wolf either way. Also, based on how people have lined up for/against Angus, the village should have a lot to go on after Gertrude's dead.

If Ewan was a wolf and knew that Doris was Paul Sheldon, wouldn't the wolves have just munched her this morning to get their second kill?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Just a suggestion guys:

1. Keep an eye on thread for orb - when you see it try to work out answe and post on thread. Everybody try and answer to increase village chance
    2. Spend a while digesting this morning and last nights reveals. Take a breather cause it’s all panic stations here. Somebody is lieing, it’s important to get facts and probabilities lined up
    3. Try to write down what each reveal has said and note where it was said so we can refer back to it. It’s easy for people to say “x said this” without a quote and it could easily be lost in translation or manipulated (cause nobody likes having to troll through posts to confirm validity of comments)
    4. We have until maybe 7.30 to formulate a decent plan. Hopefully this allows people time after work to get some idea of what’s happened.

Questions off the top of my head:

1. Why was there two munches this morning? What is most likely, that SKs are dead and it was Annie xtra munch or that the SKs aren’t all dead? Is there a chance of a priest getting wrong info?
    2. IT turns into a crow when targeted. Could it be something like It becomes Stan? So whoever was using Stan is now gone ? It’s a Necro game so is that beyond possibility?
    3. This feels like Angus+ Liam+ isla v Doris + ewan, am I missing anything? Also this is a great opportunity to see who the village believes. I think we should instead of FFA out down who we believe and why...

Let’s not panic. Reflect , digest and discuss....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

How does Doris getting killed on purpose make sense? It gives the wolves another kill.

I called Isla correctly, I've called Liam correctly, and Derry correctly. Can the mods say why The app. Priest didn't get Derry's role?

Liam unless your RV I'm not sure why you won't confirm or deny Liam's peek.

Wolf seer would've only got one peek (I think) by this stage so he got Carrie right. If you're not who he said then Angus needs to die.

Can you confirm only one peak and how does one know that Carrie is who she says she is?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

You've toned it down a lot, from "could the real Carrie please come out" to "is there a counter claim". Why have you gone from not completely not believing me to now asking if there has been a counter claim in not too much time?

Just a suggestion guys:

1. Keep an eye on thread for orb - when you see it try to work out answe and post on thread. Everybody try and answer to increase village chance
    2. Spend a while digesting this morning and last nights reveals. Take a breather cause it’s all panic stations here. Somebody is lieing, it’s important to get facts and probabilities lined up
    3. Try to write down what each reveal has said and note where it was said so we can refer back to it. It’s easy for people to say “x said this” without a quote and it could easily be lost in translation or manipulated (cause nobody likes having to troll through posts to confirm validity of comments)
    4. We have until maybe 7.30 to formulate a decent plan. Hopefully this allows people time after work to get some idea of what’s happened.

1. Why was there two munches this morning? What is most likely, that SKs are dead and it was Annie xtra munch or that the SKs aren’t all dead? Is there a chance of a priest getting wrong info?
    2. IT turns into a crow when targeted. Could it be something like It becomes Stan? So whoever was using Stan is now gone ? It’s a Necro game so is that beyond possibility?
    3. This feels like Angus+ Liam+ isla v Doris + ewan, am I missing anything? Also this is a great opportunity to see who the village believes. I think we should instead of FFA out down who we believe and why...

This guy gets a lot of **** wrong, but I like his process thinking, we should listen.

you could have just said i was a nrv and i would have agreed with you, you could have hinted to me on thread you knew my actual role, thats all people are saying but its grand it is what it is now.

Yeah, sorry for throwin you under the bus. I was hopin Mary woudn't have said anything about being Stephen King (when the mods told me that I had no idea what was goin on), and I could've used that to confirm who I am. I just wanted to be sure I was believed, since it gets the village the Alpha Wolf, who was on nearly nobody's radar afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Just to be clear - why am I being lumped in with Angus? I can't confirm that he's the village seer, so I've to be as suspicious of him as Ewan.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

If Ewan was a wolf and knew that Doris was Paul Sheldon, wouldn't the wolves have just munched her this morning to get their second kill?

Unless they had already killed Paul and knew they were getting two kills this morning?

Angus WW wrote: »
    How does Doris getting killed on purpose make sense? It gives the wolves another kill.

I called Isla correctly, I've called Liam correctly, and Derry correctly. Can the mods say why The app. Priest didn't get Derry's role?

I've already stated that I only got the deaths up to the night before Conor's death. So I got the last lynch and all deaths after that. Nothing before.
    Liam WW wrote: »
    Can you confirm only one peak and how does one know that Carrie is who she says she is?

How would I be able to confirm that? They only get a peek every second night. I can only assume that the wolf seer got a peek on Tuesday and not on Monday and Wednesday. Depends on how the mods wanted it to go really.

Just a suggestion guys:

Basically agree. One thing though, when it comes to lynch votes, is there a reason not to put me against Gertrude? I'm saying she's the alpha, who will avoid a kill the first time they are targeted. So if she's lynched I'm right, village kills the alpha and another wolf (Angus). If Gertrude dies then I'm a wolf and will be killed. Fair trade off for the village I think.

Unless they had already killed Paul and knew they were getting two kills this morning?

But in that case Paul was one of the first to die so i've not been told he's dead. In that case why wouldn't the wolves get the extra kill at the next munch? Why wait an extra day?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Sorry I'm not actually clear here at all. Are you saying you don't believe me or you do?

I tend to believe you, by virtue of the fact that I don't think a bad guy would have thought their "lie" would have held up for more than 5 minutes.

The other option is you're on the wolf team, and took a guess that ye offed Team SK last night, and got hilariously proven wrong seconds later. But I don't see why ye'd have gone with a false priest claim AND a false seer claim (given we have two seers right now, one is obviously a wolf).

Other than my desire for self-preservation, fire away.

But you see the holes in Ewan's story right? Doesn't reveal at 9.59 (so obviously felt in no danger from the wolves), survives, and then reveals at 10:10? At that point, safe from a munch tonight (would anyone have pushed for Ewan tonight?), he outs himself? Why not wait out today in the shadows again, reveal at 9:59 tomorrow morning and likely get another peek tomorrow as well?

Its horrific seer play. It's fabulous wolf play though. Gets a villager munched today, worry bout creating an excuse later, saves your wolves for another day.

But in that case Paul was one of the first to die so i've not been told he's dead. In that case why wouldn't the wolves get the extra kill at the next munch? Why wait an extra day?

It seems odd that you assumed the role of apprentice priest but the previous priests knowledge was not included in the scriptures

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

There's no counter claim. Angus claimed Isla was Carrie, Isla has confirmed that this is true.

I’d love a counterclaim it would make things easier to understand

I tend to believe you, by virtue of the fact that I don't think a bad guy would have thought their "lie" would have held up for more than 5 minutes.

The other option is you're on the wolf team, and took a guess that ye offed Team SK last night, and got hilariously proven wrong seconds later. But I don't see why ye'd have gone with a false priest claim AND a false seer claim (given we have two seers right now, one is obviously a wolf).

But you see the holes in Ewan's story right? Doesn't reveal at 9.59 (so obviously felt in no danger from the wolves), survives, and then reveals at 10:10? At that point, safe from a munch tonight (would anyone have pushed for Ewan tonight?), he outs himself? Why not wait out today in the shadows again, reveal at 9:59 tomorrow morning and likely get another peek tomorrow as well?

Its horrific seer play. It's fabulous wolf play though. Gets a villager munched today, worry bout creating an excuse later, saves your wolves for another day.

I'm not disbelieving some over protocol created on when a role should or shouldn't be revealed, while i dont agree with his timing, if its all you have got against it, it really isn't much.

I dont see you digging into the angus's role claim of Fr ted john panghorn dufrense the white epping

• Advertisement

I'm suggesting we lynch you. If you're a villager, then I'm dead. As you said, I wasn't at any obvious risk when I came out. As such, why would a wolf come out and pretend to be seer at this point? I won't have an excuse if you die, so I'm sacrificing myself for nothing. I would be lynched the next night, and the village would go back to what they were doing, so whomever I was trying to protect (who am I protecting btw?) would look doubly guilty.

Was kinda hopin for a better argument against me from the wolf team :D but fair play, you had played a stormer up to now.

Advertisement