Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Named Driver Discount mid term

Options
  • 26-08-2018 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I've been a named driver on another policy for almost one year now (and still am named on that policy)

I recently started a policy in my own name with Liberty but didn't get a discount for named driver experience as I had less than one full year.

Now that I'll have that full year's experience, will I get the named driver discount if I ring Liberty? If not, I suppose I should be removed from the other policy as having me on it is increasing my girlfriends premium.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Mary

AdMMM wrote: »
    Hello,

I've been a named driver on another policy for almost one year now (and still am named on that policy)

I recently started a policy in my own name with Liberty but didn't get a discount for named driver experience as I had less than one full year.

Now that I'll have that full year's experience, will I get the named driver discount if I ring Liberty? If not, I suppose I should be removed from the other policy as having me on it is increasing my girlfriends premium.
    Hello,

In order to get discount for being a named driver, you must have earned the one full year of named driver experience on or before the start date of your policy with Liberty Insurance.  This discount can not be added mid term on your policy.  

If you have started your policy with zero years discount, you will have a 1 year no claims bonus at renewal.  This is providing that you have no claims with money paid out. 

Your girlfriend can get a quotation to remove you from her policy.  She can call us on 1890 89 1890.

Regards 
    Mary 

Advertisement