Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air Fryer - 30 euro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Why P/M or A/P? you can get it delivered direct for that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Good price but very small I’m sure it would be ok for a single person but if you have family I wouldn’t bother , my one is over 4litres family of three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Reviews are saying that the coating comes off very easily. But looks a good job for a single person. Other sizes are available too. 2.2lt and a 3lt one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I don't think a standard philips is good enough for a single person. Many would like to cook and have some leftovers.

It is interesting to see they have an 8L for a reasonable price. I would be looking for specific reviews on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭pummice

NATLOR wrote: »
    Why P/M or A/P? you can get it delivered direct for that price

How? It says free delivery to UK only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I have had the regular size Philips for years and it’s great value for money and often reduced on amazonand the size is much better, Black Friday isn’t far away
    I’ve recently upgraded to the xl Philips and wow that’s some bit of kit albeit expensive
    I looked at the tower one and wouldn’t recommend it but if your budget is €30 then crack on

Why would you not recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

pummice wrote: »
    How? It says free delivery to UK only

It doesn't say only, it says the usual free delivery in the UK.

It's about time that they changed the description to free delivery in the UK and Ireland, because that's been the reality for as far back as I remember. You only pay delivery if the total is less than £25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It doesn't say only, it says the usual free delivery in the UK.

It's about time that they changed the description to free delivery in the UK and Ireland, because that's been the reality for as far back as I remember. You only pay delivery if the total is less than £25.

Is the issue they are based in the UK and that determines the delivery price from the courier?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

abarkie wrote: »
    Why would you not recommend?

He's a Philips shill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

You get what you pay for. Usual story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

abarkie wrote: »
    Is the issue they are based in the UK and that determines the delivery price from the courier?

If it's as free as it is in the UK, I don't think anyone's at all bothered with how much Amazon gets charged for delivering the goods :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Would this be a better deal from Home Store and More? Same brand (of which I know nothing), twice the capacity and €44.99

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/cookware-accessories/tower-health-air-fryer/069199.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

What are chips like from these air fryers? Does it taste like they're fried or are they bone dry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What are chips like from these air fryers? Does it taste like they're fried or are they bone dry?

It is bascially a fan oven, with a very fast fan and small volume. So it heats up really fast and cooks faster since hot air is blowing on the food, like a heat gun.

There is nothing magical about it. I prefer oven chips from the air fryer than a regular oven. I usually put extra oil on mine, as I would in the oven. For some reason manufactuerers presume most people looking to do oven chips want low fat chips, rather than replicating deep fried chips.

Many of the negative complaints are since people are expecting it to be a direct replacment for a deep fat fryer -this is due to the unfortunate name they picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Lidl have salter aeropro at the minute for 60euro, any know if its Worth buying?

Advertisement