Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homelessness

Options
  • 26-08-2018 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

Couldn't find a thread suitable to this.
    As you read my story you'll understand why.

Basically I have disposable income left over and I want spend it on buying food for the homeless people. 100E worth of food thatl be enough to feed a meal for a few numbers. I was thinking of getting like 20 5E pizza deals(lazy and quick option, I know) but thats not where the problem lies.
    The thing is atm I am in Limerick where there isn't that many homeless people on the streets. I remember I was in Dublin a few nights ago and there was a massive que lined up outside the gpo getting food given out.

I was wondering does that happen every night or only specific nights. I was thinking of making my way tomorrow. Instead of me having to go around the city looking for them, I can just hand them all the food in one place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Couldn't find a thread suitable to this.
    As you read my story you'll understand why.

Basically I have disposable income left over and I want spend it on buying food for the homeless people. 100E worth of food thatl be enough to feed a meal for a few numbers. I was thinking of getting like 20 5E pizza deals(lazy and quick option, I know) but thats not where the problem lies.
    The thing is atm I am in Limerick where there isn't that many homeless people on the streets. I remember I was in Dublin a few nights ago and there was a massive que lined up outside the gpo getting food given out.

I was wondering does that happen every night or only specific nights. I was thinking of making my way tomorrow. Instead of me having to go around the city looking for them, I can just hand them all the food in one place.

There is a Homeless Cafe on Tuesday nights on Grafton Street. They are always looking for donations. You can even donate through a specific butcher - the volunteers than cook dinners with the meat
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Homeless-Street-Cafe-1427529000626672/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

You'd be better off donating the money to one of the many groups that are already engaged in feeding the homeless:

http://www.thejournal.ie/soup-run-dublin-4082985-Jun2018/
    There are at least 16 different groups or organisations that give out food and supplies on the streets of Dublin city on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

wyndham wrote: »
    You'd be better off donating the money to one of the many groups that are already engaged in feeding the homeless:

http://www.thejournal.ie/soup-run-dublin-4082985-Jun2018/

They probably face off on the street..He's my homeless....no I have him on Tuesdays and Thursdays..You gave have him Weds and Fridays.

Advertisement