Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIIS Investments?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

a quick google should throw up a few. there will be a special supplement to the sunday business post on EIIS closer to tax deadline date.
    try googling cantor fitzgerald, davys as they do have ones although this years offerings may not be out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Be careful. They are like any investment and there are risks involved which are often downplayed by the promoters/accountants. You might get the tax relief and still loose the underlying investment.

Dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Gman1987

Anyone come across any EIIS opportunities for 2019 yet that are worth considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Ger1987 wrote: »
    Anyone come across any EIIS opportunities for 2019 yet that are worth considering?

i havent seen any advertisements yet but i seen an interview with a new whiskey distillery in kerry (cant remember the name but could have been dingle distillery) which may be worth a try. Market may be saturated but it seems to have some good people and idea behind it.

i would say with the current climate there may not be a lot of appetite for risk and in turn may not be many offerings

The only one I have come across for 2019 to date is Dublin Vinyl. Got an email off them. Did anyone else see come across any?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 AnthonyOD1987

bvp sent me an email last week about their new fund, closing date of december 31st.

anyone know much about them? seem to be one of the smaller companies and mainly invest in renewable energy companies.

bvp sent me an email last week about their new fund, closing date of december 31st.

anyone know much about them? seem to be one of the smaller companies and mainly invest in renewable energy companies.

I expressed interest to them around the third week of September and they came back to me to say they are currently pulling together the proposal and will forward it on to me once completed. From what you said it looks like this is completed but I haven't receive anything:mad: , Not a great start!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Generally low risk low growth with an environmentally friendly edge.

Ger1987 wrote: »
    I expressed interest to them around the third week of September and they came back to me to say they are currently pulling together the proposal and will forward it on to me once completed. From what you said it looks like this is completed but I haven't receive anything:mad: , Not a great start!!

Your not missing much to be fair, if you google Eiis 2018 brochure it’s the exact same, albeit minimum estimate is 10k this year. The memorandum should be sent out over the next month so more to come

Anyone invest in Dingle Distillery in 2017 or 2018? I was thinking of investing in them for the 2019 scheme but I just heard that the investors for 2017 and 2018 are still waiting for their tax refund as they have not been approved by revenue yet. Might be a big risk investing in the so for 2019?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

The last time I spoke to my accountant (before we shuttered our own business) specifically on this (was 2 years ago) Revenue were taking their time and it was taking much longer for the investments to actually get approval for the EIIS. Even the Guys in BVP etc (unless the companies themselves have already been approved and their investors received the relief) cannot guarantee that a company that has been "approved" that the investors will receive the relief. One of our investors had been told he would receive the relief in another investment but was waiting 18 months for the relief (I actually don't know if they ever received the relief on that investment)

from attending the bvp webinar last week, seems the process has changed in the budget just gone. companies now self certify to revenue stating they are EII compliant once 30% of spending has taken place.

minute 8 of below video

https://www.bvp.ie/eii-scheme/eii-tax-relief-scheme-fund/

from attending the bvp webinar last week, seems the process has changed in the budget just gone. companies now self certify to revenue stating they are EII compliant once 30% of spending has taken place.

minute 8 of below video

https://www.bvp.ie/eii-scheme/eii-tax-relief-scheme-fund/

True but the problem with going with a fund versus direct is that you wont get a cert until all funds are invested. Davy's are only finishing investing using their 2018 investment fund.

Advertisement