Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

placing a remembrance in newpaper €

• 26-08-2018 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

In or around how much would it cost to place a remembrance in newspaper

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

About €3.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

In or around how much would it cost to place a remembrance in newspaper

Local or national paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I pay about €35 for one with a photo included but you could probably get it done for less. The paper I put it in charges by how many words you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thinkingahead

It would be the local paper

it would be 213 words as well as a photo, there is three of us for the memoriam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's never really overly expensive for a local news paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I remember my aunt putting a death notice in for my uncle in the local paper, she was a woman of little means back then and hadn't much to spare gof love her.

Anyway upon telling the clerk at the window she wanted to place a death announcement, she was informed that it was 1£ a word.

She looked in her purse, looked up pitifully and said "just say Seamus is dead". The woman behind the desk obviously knew the poor woman was short on cash and took pity on her, as she told her she could have another 3 words for free.

My aunt looked delighted.

She smiled back at the clerk, thanked her and said ok, add to it "Fiesta for sale".

Thanks for those who tried to help
    the local paper, its .65 cent per word and €18 a picture

Advertisement