Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Democracy is extremely inefficient

• 26-08-2018 5:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hitler was a madman because he suicide attacked the soviet union. But he brought Germany out of extremy poverty, Germany was pacified and heavily struggling yet it became an extremely powerful economy under his rule. You have to watch a few documentaries to understand how bad things were in Germany.
    Anyway here is a NON PROPAGANDA Hitler speaking normally and not screaming like a madman. You can see that he's a very smart and calculated man and no some bloodthirsty maniac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClR9tcpKZec&app=desktop

This video alone has changed my perspective.
    It take absolutely forever for any changes to happen in a democracy. The solution is direct democracy or a good leader.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,941 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm guessing re-reg here.

Just my guess :D

To take the question at face value democracy is indeed inefficient but fascism is not the answer. Better leadership is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Pretzeluck wrote: »
    Hitler was a madman because he suicide attacked the soviet union. But he brought Germany out of extremy poverty, Germany was pacified and heavily struggling yet it became an extremely powerful economy under his rule. You have to watch a few documentaries to understand how bad things were in Germany.
    Anyway here is a NON PROPAGANDA Hitler speaking normally and not screaming like a madman. You can see that he's a very smart and calculated man and no some bloodthirsty maniac.

It take absolutely forever for any changes to happen in a democracy. The solution is direct democracy or a good leader.

What was his policy on Christmas? Which is on Tuesday this year BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Democracy is the least bad form of government.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭Pretzeluck

I'm guessing re-reg here.

Just my guess :D

Yeah and I'm guessing like whore trying to maximise likes on every post for ego boost. Have to get in early for maximum visibility and most likes. Feels good doesn't it to get likes on your post? You feel like the king of the world.

What was his policy on Christmas? Which is on Tuesday this year BTW.

How the **** is that relevant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Democracy is the least bad form of government.

And even if it wasn't, Nazi Germany isn't exactly the best example to persuade the masses to turn away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Can't think of any dictators that weren't corrupted by power. And what do you do when that happens?

I'm with Churchill, Democracy is the worst form of government except all the others or words to that effect.

Actually, it would be funny if an AH's mod closed this thread to see dictatorship in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Piss off back to voat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes, his tolerance for other races, and religions is legendary.
    And he'd be a great fan of the LGBT community.

How the **** is that relevant?

Well I see how you'd be if you were in charge.

Shame, I could have been interested. You've lost a potential supporter in two posts.

• Advertisement

Can't think of any dictators that weren't corrupted by power. And what do you do when that happens?

I'm with Churchill, Democracy is the worst form of government except all the others or words to that effect.

Actually, it would be funny if an AH's mod closed this thread to see dictatorship in action.

I mean dictator who implements change not silences everyone. A dictator can pass laws regarding freedom of speech and liberalism. Propaganda makes it immediately negative.

Collie D wrote: »
    And even if it wasn't, Nazi Germany isn't exactly the best example to persuade the masses to turn away from it.

We've defeated the wrong enemy - George Patton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In fairness though, this is pretty much par for the course for After Hours these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,941 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I mean dictator who implements change not silences everyone.

Dictators are by definition "dictators" - ergo they depend very much on silencing dissent otherwise they won't be in charge for very long!

Listening to the concerns of people who don't agree is not part of the gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In fairness though, this is pretty much par for the course for After Hours these days.

Except that Hitler and the Nazis got mentioned in the first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

We've defeated the wrong enemy - George Patton.

As in, that other dictator should have been taken out.

• Company Representative Posts: 53 Verified rep I'm a Forest Manager, AMA

"I said it once and I'll say it again, democracy simply doesn't work" -Kent Brockman

Reminds me of getting a taxi in Vienna a few days after Trump's election. Driver spoke perfect English and was chatting away with him about it. He was very passionate in his belief (including slapping the steering wheel) that countries needed strong leaders like Trump, Putin...and Hitler.

Bit of a surreal moment considering we were in Austria and the driver was a Nigerian immigrant. I hadn't the heart (or balls) to tell him that his admiration of auld Adolf mightn't have been reciprocated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Just listened to the OP's link, and in fairness is a fascinating listen. While everyone agrees (even the Op) that it was folly to attack the USSR, Hitler was sure they would eventually attack Germany, and Europe.

But, dictators are a hard no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Hitler went full retard…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Hitler was a madman for attacking russia? not a madman for gassing millions of Jews? eh? Starting a War eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Hah, yeah of course that was it.

One video changed your mind about a man who instigated the mass murder of millions of people based on their religion.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Hah, yeah of course that was it.

One video changed your mind about a man who instigated the mass murder of millions of people based on their religion.

Fake news. It was himmler

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

He was deeply misunderstood genocidal maniac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Germany was pacified and heavily struggling yet it became an extremely powerful economy under his rule.
    Eh? Nazi Germany was a basketcase of an economy that depended on conquering other territory and resources to sustain itself. And that's before the slave labour...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

mad muffin wrote: »
    Hitler went full retard…

tenor.gif

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Advertisement