Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 5 Series 520D - fob not being recognised, Help!!1

Options
  • 26-08-2018 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi All
    I purchased a BMW 5 series 520 D last December and since May the car is not recognising the fob.
    I need to manually open the car and place the fob next to the ignition column to start the car.
    I have had the car checked in two garages and no fault is being found. One mechanic thought it was the diversity unit but it has turned out that it isnt.
    I have had the battery changed in my two fobs and the same problem is happening.
    One of my fobs is brand new and the fault is happening in it too.
    I'm thinking I will need to bring the car to the main dealers to find and fix the fault
    Im just wondering has others here ever encountered this problem??
    I have mapfree premium plus warranty so i would like to find out what the fault is
    I have been told too I should be getting onto the dealer I bought the car from as there is clearly a fault
    Any feedback would be great , Im based in Cork

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It happened 6 months after buying the car. Why would it be something the dealer who sold it has to address? Did you have any warrantee with them and what were the conditions of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Stanford

Do either of the fobs work?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭thebadguy88

It happened 6 months after buying the car. Why would it be something the dealer who sold it has to address? Did you have any warrantee with them and what were the conditions of it?

Iv 12 month warranty and spent close to 18 grand , he said he had a spare fob when i was buying the car and it turned out he didnt , i had to chase him for close to a month to get one , is that good enough???

Stanford wrote: »
    Do either of the fobs work?

No , it just happened one Saturday out of the blue , the car is perfect otherwise , the new spare fob doesnt work either and new batteries have been put in to both.
    Would the car fail the nct over it??
    Have you seen the problem before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Stanford

Why have you not gone back to the dealer since you're warranty is clearly in place?

• Advertisement

Stanford wrote: »
    Why have you not gone back to the dealer since you're warranty is clearly in place?

Its mapfree premium plus warranty , i need to find the fault to see is it covered under the terms of the warranty thats whats the problem.
    The mechanic cant see what the fault is yet , im afraid going to the main dealer Kearys and being charged 150 an hour to find it
    Would the lad i bought the car cover that or should i ask him to do so??

Advertisement