Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in new estate

Options
  • 26-08-2018 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi folks,
    Starting from the start we bought a house back in February (new build).
    Placed an order for broadband with Eir before we even moved in. We are still waiting for it. Got few appointments originally for a technician to call over and all of them were cancelled. It took a Vodafone rep to tell us there is no lines going into the houses and it will be early summer. So we waited. In june there were eir technicians working flat out for a while on the cables so we thought that's it. But no. Still nothing. Eir never bothered to give us any updates. When we ring they usually put us on hold and cut us out after nearly an hour holding. 2 weeks ago in desperation we contacted Sky and they are telling us the line is there!! Was anyone in similar position? How long does it actually take? Wouldn't be too bad if they were giving us some sort of date. Don't really want to go with Sky.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Tutusia1 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Starting from the start we bought a house back in February (new build).
    Placed an order for broadband with Eir before we even moved in. We are still waiting for it. Got few appointments originally for a technician to call over and all of them were cancelled. It took a Vodafone rep to tell us there is no lines going into the houses and it will be early summer. So we waited. In june there were eir technicians working flat out for a while on the cables so we thought that's it. But no. Still nothing. Eir never bothered to give us any updates. When we ring they usually put us on hold and cut us out after nearly an hour holding. 2 weeks ago in desperation we contacted Sky and they are telling us the line is there!! Was anyone in similar position? How long does it actually take? Wouldn't be too bad if they were giving us some sort of date. Don't really want to go with Sky.
    Hi Tutusia1, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the long delays you are experiencing with your order, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your order/account number, full name on the account and email address I will have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tutusia1

Hi Tutusia1, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the long delays you are experiencing with your order, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your order/account number, full name on the account and email address I will have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks Tracey pm sent. Would appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Tutusia1 wrote: »
    Hi Tutusia1, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks Tracey pm sent. Would appreciate it.
    Perfect, thanks.

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement