Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

evil_seed wrote: »
    205wmug52ii11.jpg

Whos to left and bottom of mane and to the right of keita?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭garra

Salah is bottom right, not sure about the other one, Lovren?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mane looks the same :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Have we hit a new low? At least it's slightly on topic, that should keep most happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Footballers as wives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Footballers as wives?

Worse than Panda posting?

probably....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

who's to the right of Keita cant figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

rob316 wrote: »
    who's to the right of Keita cant figure it out.

Lovren

Mig could chew an apple through a letterbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Talisman

MD1990 wrote: »
    Cork factoring in the 800,000 received from Uefa looks a stupid move now.

Why did they sign so many squad players? 2 average RBs in Rowling & Horgan for example.
    is this related to the U21 hurling final?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Tiz mad. Everyone was drooling over Alissons coolness under pressure and distribution for Roma . Now after one deft chip , people want him to just hack at it Mignolet style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Tiz mad. Everyone was drooling over Alissons coolness under pressure and distribution for Roma . Now after one deft chip , people want him to just hack at it Mignolet style.

that bit was very cool. The things I didn't really like was the ball he passed (to VVD?) across the box that was nearly intercepted for an open goal and being caught in possession as he tried to dribble past an attacker.
    Don't get me wrong it worked out but "it's a bold strategy Cotton let's see if it works out for them"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Not just the one chip, the second one v Murray where he was nabbed and had to put in a recovery tackle. Read my post again it's a good thing that he's cool and composed under pressure I'm just saying that he has to be careful not to do it all the time as other players are watching and next time they'll expect him to try and play it and stand him up instead of rushing in to block as they know he's more likely to play it than clear it first time.

More than happy with him as our keeper this isn't harsh criticism more just an observation of the tiny bit we've seen of him so far.

I thought Wini was very good Saturday but there one thing that really annoys me,
    Seen everyone banging on about his 99% pass percentage, I think that hurt us sometimes hear me out why ,
    There was times he could try a more difficult pass through the lines to Keita especially , ( who thrives receiving it there) but instead he went side ways ,
     I think sometime when a team sits deep you have to be stop being afraid of losing the ball,
    Infact we are at our best when we lose a ball, we catch them in transition and punish them , Our goals game from wining it high up ,
    Losing the ball encourages them to come out and bag that's when we hurt them ,
    I'm nit saying lose it on purpose but don't be afraid to try a quick first time ball around there box , Sometimes we are to careful in possession ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I won't be happy until I see Allison do a scorpion kick save! :pac:

• Advertisement

I thought Wini was very good Saturday but there one thing that really annoys me,
    Seen everyone banging on about his 99% pass percentage, I think that hurt us sometimes hear me out why ,
    There was times he could try a more difficult pass through the lines to Keita especially , ( who thrives receiving it there) but instead he went side ways ,
     I think sometime when a team sits deep you have to be stop being afraid of losing the ball,
    Infact we are at our best when we lose a ball, we catch them in transition and punish them , Our goals game from wining it high up ,
    Losing the ball encourages them to come out and bag that's when we hurt them ,
    I'm nit saying lose it on purpose but don't be afraid to try a quick first time ball around there box , Sometimes we are to careful in possession ,

Depends on the flow of the game, if the opposition are retaining possession and using the ball well you don't want to give it back to them on the halfway line for the sake of playing a slightly riskier ball. Other times you may want to just slow the game down for a couple of minutes if one of the team has a knock or just need a breather.

I feel sorry for Wiji, he will adapt into his new role with his usual professional attitude and be labelled "Mr Sideways" soon enough :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭jones

evil_seed wrote: »
    205wmug52ii11.jpg

I cannot unsee this :D

jones wrote: »
    I cannot unsee this :D
    Neither can the rest of us when people keep quoting it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Please for the love of all things stop quoting that thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭jones

Please for the love of all things stop quoting that thing.

Sorry did it on mobile i didn't think the pic would show in my comment!!!

• Advertisement

jones wrote: »
    Sorry did it on mobile i didn't think the pic would show in my comment!!!

It's ok we will just add it to the list then it will be fine to quote and use forever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

**** it. It’s great. Leave him at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I really enjoyed it, i love that we have a keeper with a bit of confidence.

Even if he nearly gave away a peno :D

The thing I see with Alisson even if he makes a mistake he will take it in his stride.

The other two crumbled when they made mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd hit on VVD (I may do that anyway! :p)

Stop picking on Alisson! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

A draw tonight please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

SlickRic wrote: »
    A draw tonight please.

For Champions League qualifying perspective this is the best outcome but what Liverpool fan wouldn't enjoy a 0-3 Spurs win, with Mourinho in the mood he is in? TBH their squad looks very strong on paper although Sanchez has been a bit of an enigma for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

gimli2112 wrote: »
    For Champions League qualifying perspective this is the best outcome but what Liverpool fan wouldn't enjoy a 0-3 Spurs win, with Mourinho in the mood he is in? TBH their squad looks very strong on paper although Sanchez has been a bit of an enigma for a while.

A thumping at home to Spurs would have him on the verge of been sacked, its to fun let it keep going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,988 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Their squad always looks decent on paper, lest we forget the year they signed Falcao and Di Maria and they were supposed to tear up the league.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It'd be rare I want utd to win a game, but it's hard to know what's best now for Liverpool. A draw would probably be it. A Spurs win would give them more confidence than they already have, and a utd win, while I doubt it would spark a joie de vivre in the utd squad that would propel them to greatness, I still wouldn't rule out utd having a decent if unexciting season, and getting 80+ points.

The season is far too early to have any proper shape, so while there would always be joy in seeing Utd lose, I don't want Spurs to prosper either by any means. 3-3 draw it is, with calamities and red cards galore. Kane, Alli, de Gea and Pogba to get into an almighty scrap when Alli and Pogba have a celebration-off that descends into chaos, and all get long bans.

• Advertisement

A loss and they might sack him. Definitely don't want him gone yet. Draw the best result for Liverpool.

I think Utd will win anyway as Spurs will **** the bed as usual at old Trafford

I think United will win 1-0 or 2-0 ,
    Spurs haven't looked great at all,
    Chelsea starting to annoy me I don't want them getting a head of steam up ,
    Foxes the weekend is huge its a must win as after that  I think after that 3 of our next four are Chelsea, City and Spurs ,

Mourinho is not a good fit for a club with pretensions to entertain. The longer they have to wear their ill-fitting winter coat, the better.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    A loss and they might sack him. Definitely don't want him gone yet. Draw the best result for Liverpool.

I think Utd will win anyway as Spurs will **** the bed as usual at old Trafford
    3 games in and you think United will sack him , talk about hyperbowl

Brass Balls.

SelfreliantDistantAmbushbug-size_restricted.gif

Brass Balls.
    The funniest part was Van Dijk screaming at him to get rid of the ball, so Alisson casually rolled it to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Talisman wrote: »
    The funniest part was Van Dijk screaming at him to get rid of the ball, so Alisson casually rolled it to him.

to be fair to VVD, I think he's trying to tell him that Robertson is free on the far side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I see the club are not allowing Mig to leave, remarkable state of affairs when you think about. When will he play? A dead rubber in the CL if there is one? A League Cup match? I know clubs do have pretty good No 2s now but he isn't one of them.

I see the club are not allowing Mig to leave, remarkable state of affairs when you think about. When will he play? A dead rubber in the CL if there is one? A League Cup match? I know clubs do have pretty good No 2s now but he isn't one of them.
    I wonder was there even any offers ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I see Mignolet has had a little bite at not being let go...and i can sympathise with him. Karius was backed to the hilt last season - but the first sign of him losing his place to Allison and he's shipped out.
    The rank of GKs at the club should have placed Mignolet as 3rd choice...yet 2nd was allowed leave before him? Strange alright.

SlickRic wrote: »
    to be fair to VVD, I think he's trying to tell him that Robertson is free on the far side.
    I think the words used were "Just f@#k!ng launch it!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Enjoy it lads, Alisson wont be changing his style of play
    ALISSON HAS ADMITTED that “mistakes may happen” as he seeks to embrace Liverpool’s ball-playing philosophies which require him to take the odd risk.

Jurgen Klopp moved to snap up the Brazil international over the summer after deeming him to be the complete goalkeeper that the Reds required.

The 25-year-old is a proven shot-stopper at the highest level, while he has also shown himself to be as comfortable with his feet as he is with his hands.

A determination to play out from the back and not squander possession means that Alisson is sometimes forced in dangerous positions – such as the one which saw him nonchalantly lift the ball over Anthony Knockaert’s head during a 1-0 win over Brighton – but that is all part of his game.

“I try my best to help the team in the build-up. If sometimes there is a situation where there is dribbling, I do it carefully,” Alisson told the club’s official website .

“It could be too risky, but it’s part of the game, we are a team that plays from the back with the ball on the ground.

“That’s part of the team’s characteristics. Mistakes may happen, but we work hard during the week to do everything correctly during the matches.”

I cannot wait until he nutmegs someone, wont be long by the sounds of it :pac:

3 games in and you think United will sack him , talk about hyperbowl

A loss and the pressure would be on. Hope he stays the season.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I see Mignolet has had a little bite at not being let go...and i can sympathise with him. Karius was backed to the hilt last season - but the first sign of him losing his place to Allison and he's shipped out.
    The rank of GKs at the club should have placed Mignolet as 3rd choice...yet 2nd was allowed leave before him? Strange alright.
    There doesn't appear to have been any real interest in Mignolet - in the last month he was linked with Besiktas, Barcelona and Napoli but it never developed beyond media stories. His wages could be a problem for potentially interested clubs.

Moaning that the club wouldn't let him go is a bit sad - he has had 7/8 months to sort out a new club for himself. Danny Ward didn't hang about and neither did Loris Karius when the opportunity presented itself. If there were no takers for Mignolet then it makes sense for Karius to be allowed to go on loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Talisman wrote: »
    There doesn't appear to have been any real interest in Mignolet - in the last month he was linked with Besiktas, Barcelona and Napoli but it never developed beyond media stories. His wages could be a problem for potentially interested clubs.

Moaning that the club wouldn't let him go is a bit sad - he has had 7/8 months to sort out a new club for himself. Danny Ward didn't hang about and neither did Loris Karius when the opportunity presented itself. If there were no takers for Mignolet then it makes sense for Karius to be allowed to go on loan.

I dunno, I'd imagine there were some clubs interested and if he's as eager to play as he says he is i cant see why he'd turn down any interest on the basis of wages. Could be more of a case of Liverpool looking for a permanent transfer at the end of the loan rather than just an outright loan itself. Dont know really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Agreed (with Talisman), it's a much of a muchness between Ming and Karius, imo, which is why the club would have let either of them go depending on who the offer was for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    A loss and the pressure would be on. Hope he stays the season.

Anyone have a clue what the buyout would have to be if they sacked him?
    I'm guessing Utd are still big enough to take the hit and it wouldn't stop them getting rid if they felt time was up....

Draw I think is best tonight - 2 pts dropped by two top 4 rivals is probably the best outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Enjoy it lads, Alisson wont be changing his style of play

I cannot wait until he nutmegs someone, wont be long by the sounds of it :pac:

Was watching the game with a group of lads who don't watch a lot of football so Alisson didn't let me down when I announced pre-game that he's likely to take on one of the Brighton attackers if given the chance :pac:. I love how he plays and have already accepted that he will get caught at some stage and I'm ok with it.

I can see the club letting Mignolet go in January and then bringing in someone like Heaton he’s experienced & old enough and might like to be second choice at a Champions League club instead of competing with 4 other International keepers at Burnley for a regular game.

I can see the club letting Mignolet go in January and then bringing in someone like Heaton he’s experienced & old enough and might like to be second choice at a Champions League club instead of competing with 4 other International keepers at Burnley for a regular game.
    I like that idea ,
    Im sure he'd love to see out his days at a big club

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement