Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shooting in florida

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Actually don't watch the video on that tweet. You can see the red dot aim on the black dude before you hear the shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Controller disconnected. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭NOVA MCMXCIV

Edit I: This is a live stream of breaking news related to the shooting – not the actual footage, as the image might suggest...

Edit II: This live stream DOES actually play the footage/audio at times – usually with a warning, but once or twice without. Just so you know...

4 dead and 11 wounded according to the police so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭Allinall

It’s them bloody Catholics again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Pop-po fop pop biyotchhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Fcuking hell, just kods playing some games. What shooting up schools isnt in fashion anymore. I genuinely have no idea what will wake Americans up to change their gun laws at this stage.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Fcuking hell, just kods playing some games. What shooting up schools isnt in fashion anymore. I genuinely have no idea what will wake Americans up to change their gun laws at this stage.

Nothing will.

Give everyone guns. That way they can get the other ones with the guns before they get them first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Faux outrage, followed by the argument that the reason this happened was in fact that there wasn't enough guns at the event.

Rinse and repeat for the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Star Bingo wrote: »
    Pop-po fop pop biyotchhh

****ing hell do people not have any compassion

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

How many pages before this thread gets turned into why should they take my guns away I have not shot anybody, I'm a law biding citizen and put my guns in a safe place thread

RIP to the victims

RasTa wrote: »

Actually that sounds a bit random. Some lunatic amassing a toll, RIP to those kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Most schools aren't back from their summer break yet. That's the only reason there's been a lull in these types of shootings over the past few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Children being shot in an elementary school, that is the only thing that will change their laws.

Oh wait......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I know how to fix this, we need to send them positive thoughts and prayers....

yup, that'll definitely do it. And if it doesn't it's only cause not enough of you pricks are helping with the positive thoughts and praying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Hard to get shocked at this stage ,

**Suspect dead**

Rip innocent victims

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

It's a rough video to listen to for those thinking of watching it.

• Advertisement

This is America indeed
    Sheriff's office: "We are finding many people hiding in locked areas at The Landing. We ask you to stay calm, stay where you are hiding. SWAT is doing a methodical search inside The Landing. We will get to you. Please don’t come running out. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Was the guy playing the game in that video one of the ones shot? Just before the smaller video window closes, just before the controller disconnect message, you can see what looks like a laser sight just above his chest (0:07).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,941 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can I be the first on boards to offer my THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS...

I know the families will take deep comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Patww79 wrote: »
    Was the guy playing the game in that video one of the ones shot? Just before the smaller video window closes, just before the controller disconnect message, you can see what looks like a laser sight just above his chest (0:07).

Yes. Reportedly he's one of the dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Crazy stuff. Don't watch the video if you don't wanna be disturbed for the night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Gamers only have one life unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Shooting>multiple murders>mass outrage>event fades into time>another mass shooting>repeat

It's a cycle that just repeats over and over again in America.

Daily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Isn't that like an average weekend in London, with their fancy zombie knifes and and regular street disembowelments?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

and it begins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Actually don't watch the video on that tweet. You can see the red dot aim on the black dude before you hear the shots

I wished I'd scrolled down to your post before I watched the video. And I can only thank you post once and I wish I'd not watched it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Two people die each second world wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

It's dreadful. the screams.

Two people die each second world wide.
    Yeah but not by playing a video game – or at school.

• Advertisement

Is it the sound that makes it so disturbing? I'd only watched it with no sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Allinall wrote: »
    It’s them bloody Catholics again

Are you saying it is another religious group or something. Most mass shooting's in America have had nothing to do with that religion and there is nothing to signify this one is any different

Yes. I caught the first few seconds and muted it as soon as I realised what was going on. Not worth listening to. The actual footage shows nothing, thankfully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Nothing will.

If Sandy Hook couldn't be a catalyst for change, then nothing will.

That was literally the worst imaginable gun crime. Not to sound distasteful, but if you were to "design" a shooting that you thought would be the last straw for the masses, it would involve young, defenseless children and their teachers in a school setting.

And absolutely nothing changed.

puppy.jpg

• Advertisement

Star Bingo wrote: »
    puppy.jpg

What the **** is that supposed to be about? If you've something to say then say it.

Yes. I caught the first few seconds and muted it as soon as I realised what was going on. Not worth listening to. The actual footage shows nothing, thankfully...

Yeah judging by the comments here I'm glad I didn't then.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭no.8

ricero wrote:

My thoughts exactly. We've all become somewhat desensitised to this type of news when it comes out of America but ffs, some people have no respect for the dead / injured....its as if the US owes them something for pointing out the obvious

JaMarcus wrote: »
    If Sandy Hook couldn't be a catalyst for change, then nothing will.

That was literally the worst imaginable gun crime. Not to sound distasteful, but if you were to "design" a shooting that you thought would be the last straw for the masses, it would involve young, defenseless children and their teachers in a school setting.

And absolutely nothing changed.

That is true I actually went to the conspiracy forum to see if there was anything up there yet. Not yet but give it time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

ricero wrote: »

Ha, ironic coming from you.

It's all part and parcel of the world leader of freedom ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Just watched the clip on MSNBC. They beeped out the swears but not the gunshots. That's US priorities for you. Listen to someone die is fine, swearing is a no no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Surely someone had a gun on them to shoot back? No?

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Surely someone had a gun on them to shoot back? No?

Maybe why suspect is dead but how long do you think it took for someone to take out there gun if in fact someone had 1. Which shows how stupid the statement is it there were guns this would not happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Who cares at this point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement