Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever sent someone an abusive PM?

2»

Comments

So much so i hardly have time for anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

No. I've never received one either, at least not here. I used to get plenty on YouTube telling me to die in a fire or that they hoped I got cancer.

Damn but your guitar playing videos must be bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

My old name was Conspectus. With that in mind can you imagine the nice pm I got from this guy. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=875023

Or this nice gentleman. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?userid=861569

I have sent one mildly mean pm to a constant rereg who trolled the "Lets all laugh at people with depression" thread. Red mist descended a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

paw patrol wrote: »
    i wish I got a PM

Pm almost sent... but nah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Not that I can think of. Had a few abusive ones as a mod, had a few whacky ones from a handful of fruitcakes too. Best ignored :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Only get the usual What colour underwear are you wearing and some nearly naked ones ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I lump people who send abusive PMs in there with people who call radio stations or write comments under news articles on facebook. Absolute mentallers :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Only get the usual What colour underwear are you wearing and some nearly naked ones ;)

Yeah Autosport I'm still waiting for a reply. It's extremely rude to ignore someone.
    Just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yeah Autosport I'm still waiting for a reply. It's extremely rude to ignore someone.
    Just saying.

Sorry :( I must have sent it to the wrong Dr :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

I used to have an account under the name Bl..... and people assumed I was a sexy woman so I got a lot of PMs. In fact I’m not a woman ... or sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Did you get inspiration for your username from that haunted mansion Summerwind featured in the series A Haunting, by any chance?
    I know its random but I saw an episode of that recently and that was the name of the big house...

No I didn’t. I must check that episode out though. It was one of my favorite songs was playing in the background when I was setting up my profile. I love a bit of Frank:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Did you get inspiration for your username from that haunted mansion Summerwind featured in the series A Haunting, by any chance?
    I know its random but I saw an episode of that recently and that was the name of the big house...
    No I didn’t. I must check that episode out though. It was one of my favorite songs was playing in the background when I was setting up my profile. I love a bit of Frank:)

Hey, hey, take it to PM, lovebirds.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

No, never! Any PM I send is kind. Got a warning PM off someone before, but I don't think she was angry, just concerned, which is nice I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TheShockmaster

No, but for some reason I do find it hilarious to imagine someone texting "I'm going to kill you" for some trivial thing like their support of feminism or something. You can just imagine the furious panic in the guy (I assume this is a man thing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Genuinely amazed that people send what they assume to be female posters flirtatious/suggestive/creepy weirdo PMs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Putinbot wrote: »
    My old name was Conspectus. With that in mind can you imagine the nice pm I got from this guy. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=875023

Or this nice gentleman. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?userid=861569

I have sent one mildly mean pm to a constant rereg who trolled the "Lets all laugh at people with depression" thread. Red mist descended a bit.

I love that they had both viewed each others profile:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Arghus wrote: »
    Genuinely amazed that people send what they assume to be female posters flirtatious/suggestive/creepy weirdo PMs.

It ain't a one way street, dear fellow! What I can't understand is this obsession with the colour of ladies underpants :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Never sent any but have received quite a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

I received one from a disgruntled Nordie after I posted that the Irish taxpayer should not be funding road building in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland as it was a separate country. Apparently this was a sectarian and childish comment

Mr Nordie (I assume he was a he) guaranteed (yes guaranteed) that I would not speak to him like that if I met him in person. He even added an emoji, which was a nice touch I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I used to be a moderator on a few forum's here so yes I've received a few, but not many.

I'd never send a nasty PM of course, but I might have told a few moderators where to stick their infractions when I've gotten them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I never sent any that I believed to be abusive, but sometimes if in dispute on the forum with someone, I have noticed they take offense at receiving a PM. Some keep it private and I respect their wishes if they say not to send another reply when they reply.
    Others run to the forum and make up lies that an abusive message was sent, to make one look bad and gain sympathy, I know this from experience, but nothing happens as it was not abusive - they can't report it as it would not be deemed abusive, but it is amazing how many people are gullible when this is done, simply because the person making the false accusation is on their side of the argument.
    I have seen mods telling such people to report the PM, all they are doing is wasting everyone's time because it never leads anywhere because it is lies.
    I try and explain a position and if a person says 'please don't send me a PM again' well that is fine, I respect that.
    I don't respect people who lie that I sent them an abusive PM, their lies always failed when scrutinised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ha ha ok thanks for that, what are the chances that with the name SummerWind and location of in a mansion would not be connected to that episode, funny old world!

RobertKK wrote: »
    I never sent any that I believed to be abusive, but sometimes if in dispute on the forum with someone, I have noticed they take offense at receiving a PM. Some keep it private and I respect their wishes if they say not to send another reply when they reply.
    Others run to the forum and make up lies that an abusive message was sent, to make one look bad and gain sympathy, I know this from experience, but nothing happens as it was not abusive - they can't report it as it would not be deemed abusive, but it is amazing how many people are gullible when this is done, simply because the person making the false accusation is on their side of the argument.
    I have seen mods telling such people to report the PM, all they are doing is wasting everyone's time because it never leads anywhere because it is lies.
    I try and explain a position and if a person says 'please don't send me a PM again' well that is fine, I respect that.
    I don't respect people who lie that I sent them an abusive PM, their lies always failed when scrutinised.

Why in the name of Lord Lanterin Jaysus would you pm someone who doesn't agree with you on an internet forum.
    Id either reply back or not bother. It's the internet ffs.
    Ps don't pm me now for disagreeing with you or I'm going to share it on thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Yeah, told the poster who sent me the 'what colour is your underwear' PM to fúck off

Advertisement