Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent a PlayStation game. ?

Options
  • 26-08-2018 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

This might be a stupid question but I don’t play games at all however I am interested in playing fifa 19 for a few weeks

My Brother in law doesn’t use his PlayStation 4 and said I can borrow it so I am wondering is it possible to rent games anymore either in disk or downloadable format? Or do you have to buy them outright now ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Sadly not these days ever since Xtra Vision closed down. Closest you could get now is buying a game then trading it into CEX for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Isn't there a free trial for Playstation now? I didn't use it myself but it may be an option.

EA access works like a Netflix type service, you pay a monthly fee and play the games sadly it's not on playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

You could use a UK rental company eg. Boomerang and parcel wizard/hotel. Tbh dunno how viable it is

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Isn't there a free trial for Playstation now? I didn't use it myself but it may be an option.

I think this is your answer. Playstation Now provides access to > 500 games for €15 per month. There seems to be a 7-day trial and a 2 months for the price of 1 offer available at the moment.

I haven't used it either, by the way, so let us all know how you get on! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    I think this is your answer. Playstation Now provides access to > 500 games for €15 per month. There seems to be a 7-day trial and a 2 months for the price of 1 offer available at the moment.

I haven't used it either, by the way, so let us all know how you get on! :)

You're not going to get Fifa 19 on that and unless your internet connection is rock solid, this runs like absolute shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Your best bet if you really only want the game for a couple of weeks when it comes out is to buy it and then sell it on adverts.ie, donedeal etc when you're finished with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Thanks everyone for their suggestions

Some interesting ones there

As mentioned I’m not a gamer at all but fifa 19 looks great and I like football so i don’t want to fork out the money for PS4 and the game when after a month or 2 it will be sitting there collecting dust ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

wally1990 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for their suggestions

Some interesting ones there

As mentioned I’m not a gamer at all but fifa 19 looks great and I like football so i don’t want to fork out the money for PS4 and the game when after a month or 2 it will be sitting there collecting dust ,

Why not buy FIFA 17 second hand? It should be dirt cheap. Or FIFA 18, but it want be as cheap yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Buy it at a Smyths for €55 on launch day if you pre-order, otherwise €60!

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/great-savings-on-these-pre-order-video-games-for-collection-in-store/fifa-19-ps4/p/168462

By the time you are looking to sell it on in a few weeks, it'll probably get you about €40 cash from CEX.

I think that's your best bet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

fifa 18 is only 19.99, imagine be fairly similar barring some player changes?
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7097690/Trail/searchtext%3EFIFA.htm

Advertisement