Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer toilets

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Graces7 wrote: »
    "I have some similar issues, and have had a few close calls rushing home, or rushing to the nearest pub or shop. Coach travel is a big worry, though some of them do have the on-board loo now.

The mother of one friend assures me she never leaves home without a 2 lb jam jar..;)[/QUOTE]

ive seen one of those bladder bag things you can strap to your thigh, un-noticeable when wearing trousers or a dress and just pee in that whenever and then just empty it out when your next in a toilet :)

this is a lovely conversation isnt it :)

A better option might be for the Council to pay one or two retailers to make their loos available to the public. Some of the UK councils already do this. The toilet is already there, and has to be maintained anyway, so it's not going to be a huge amount of extra work. It might even bring in some extra customers.

Little point in building public toilets, with all the maintenance and security issues that go with that.

I dunno - I do like the idea of a toilet block being in a centralised location at the end of the day such as a busy car park - not yards away up in a shop or cafe somewhere. - properly signposted "Public Toilets" and highly recognisable , not hidden away anywhere and signposted from a main shopping street.

Then it does mean if people have parked their car their before they leave the parents can say to their kids "do you need to use the toilet just before we leave?" - and if there is a coach park in the car park as well people can use it just before they get on their coach - its just more convenient (public convenience) rather than say if some shop or cafe or hotel (that could be a fair walk away) loaned their toilets to the council like you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I dunno - I do like the idea of a toilet block being in a centralised location at the end of the day such as a busy car park - not yards away up in a shop or cafe somewhere. - properly signposted "Public Toilets" and highly recognisable , not hidden away anywhere and signposted from a main shopping street.

Then it does mean if people have parked their car their before they leave the parents can say to their kids "do you need to use the toilet just before we leave?" - and if there is a coach park in the car park as well people can use it just before they get on their coach - its just more convenient (public convenience) rather than say if some shop or cafe or hotel (that could be a fair walk away) loaned their toilets to the council like you say.

could have both? I have had to ask in shops when the public toilets were too far away for me to walk to.

the real art is knowing where existing facilities are where you shop/need them. Most petrol stations, for example, and you ask for the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Cup of coffee and a chocolate eclair.

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Cup of coffee and a chocolate eclair.

roflol! Was not expecting THAT,, and yes please!

• Advertisement

roflol! Was not expecting THAT,, and yes please!

I like chocolate eclair but only with fresh cream .. whoever invented that synthetic cream inside eclairs should be shot!

I like chocolate eclair but only with fresh cream .. whoever invented that synthetic cream inside eclairs should be shot!

been so long since I even saw an eclair.... mouthwatering idea. ...

been so long since I even saw an eclair.... mouthwatering idea. ...

we are still talking chocolate eclairs are we? ;)

Advertisement