Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact number for a refund after more than two days of a reported fault?

Options
  • 27-08-2018 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

As above, when Eir fail to fix a fault within two days I believe I can claim (its not automatic) a refund of a months line rental. What number do I call for this and whats the process?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

my3cents wrote: »
    As above, when Eir fail to fix a fault within two days I believe I can claim (its not automatic) a refund of a months line rental. What number do I call for this and whats the process?
    Hi my3cents, 

This is correct, all details are on our terms and conditions here 

You can claim this once the fault has been repaired through our customer charter team on 1800 400 000, they can advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Thanks found it ...
    13. The Customer must report a fault with the service by contacting FreeFone 1901 or by logging the fault on line on www.eir.ie. If the Customer reports a fault in the service, eir will use its reasonable endeavours to respond in accordance with the level of repair service which applies to that particular product as set out below:-

eir provides a Customer Service Guarantee for PSTN fault repair, details of which are available at www.eir.ie or by contacting FreeFone 1901 (Residential Customers) or FreeFone 1800 601 701 (Business Customers). Under the terms and conditions of eir’s Customer Service Guarantee, eir will use reasonable endeavours to rectify, to the extent that it is reasonably possible, faults in the eir network within 2 (two) working days. Should eir fail to achieve this, the Customer can claim credit of 2 (two) months line rental, subject to the exclusions as set out in the Customer Service Guarantee. The appropriate credit will be applied to the Customer’s next telephone bill. If the Customer reports a fault on the eir line and on visiting the Customer’s premises, the eir engineer identifies that there is no fault with the eir access line or equipment, and the fault is the result of the customer’s or third party equipment, eir reserves the right to charge the Customer for the call out. Full details of all eir’s current charges can be obtained by visiting www.eir.ie/pricing. 

But also remembered that other important document eirs Customer Service Guarantee.

Advertisement