Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending Coverage Inside the Home

Options
  • 27-08-2018 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Living in a timber framed 2 bed terraced house. I recently got a Nest camera for the front of the house and intend on putting another out the back. I currently have Virgin for broadband and am using their media hub which is in the living room which is at the front. The connection seems a little spotty at times so I think having another camera out the back, it'll have some connection issues.
    I guess if I can extend the coverage of the modem that should do the job. With the Virgin hub can I use a product like Google's WiFi? Or is there something else I should get to do the job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭m99T

Run an ethernet wire when you need it and use a wired connection. If you dont want to run a wire then yeah you can use something like Google's WiFi to try and boost your signal as it may have a better antenna. It might not though, so i'd recommend the wire or get a set of homeplugs if you don't want to run a wire. Plug one beside the router and plug it in then place the other near the back. There are different types. Some will extend the wifi and others will act like an invisible cable through your hours. I'd opt for the extended WiFi ones in your case.

Advertisement