Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclocross is back! - 2018 Bike 7 Supercross Cup - Round 1 Kilternan - Sept 1

Options
  • 27-08-2018 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

The 2018 cyclocross season kicks off this Saturday with round 1 of the "Bike 7 Supercross Cup", Kilternan, Co. Dublin.

Racing is open to all levels, Kids Cross, Mens A & B, and Ladies. Fast racing is guaranteed on the dry ground, and the A race is run in the dark with only floodlight to guide their way.

All race details can be found on www.supercrosscup.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 evbikes

There is also going to be a TEAM Prize for both the A and B races

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

First CX race ever so looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Any "B" racer who's considering rocking up on the day and getting a race number will have to fight for the remaining "A" race places...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

What is the standard like in a B race? I am concerned about being lapped... what happens if you get lapped?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

mloc123 wrote: »
    What is the standard like in a B race? I am concerned about being lapped... what happens if you get lapped?

My tactic was to say 'thank f$%k for that' and quit at the end of the current lap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Quite good at the sharp end, usually full of racers who haven't quite made the push to the A race yet..

Usually not that strict on pulling people out of the race, though you finish on the same lap as the winner, even if you still have 5 to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 evbikes

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Quite good at the sharp end, usually full of racers who haven't quite made the push to the A race yet..

Usually not that strict on pulling people out of the race, though you finish on the same lap as the winner, even if you still have 5 to go...

Going to be pushing plenty more riders into the A race this year, the B race shouldn't really have a super sharp end ... ;)
    Good competitive racing for all and progression are the main goals for the B race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

I'm doing it so there's one person who won't lap you.

Advertisement