Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs Spurs 20:00 Sky

• 27-08-2018 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

It's fcuking Spurs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's not Brighton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

These are the type of games United will do well in. I think they'll win tonight, Spurs have a terrible record away to the Top 6 and an even worse one at Old Trafford.

2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Genuinely can't ever remember Spurs having a positive result at OT. Hard to see Mourinho and Co not having a positive reaction to last week's poor result. From a fantasy football perspective it would be great if De Gea could save a peno or two from Kane and Ericksen (this doesn't look right) gets the winner but I think 3-1 Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Score draw I reckon.

Spurs to bottle it away to Utd again. Home win.

8/5 looks good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think Spurs will win tonight, 2-1.

For both clubs, its their first proper test of the season so should be interesting to watch.

Spurs were haunted to beat Newcastle on the opening day and Utd of course lost to Brighton the other week so I think it will be a tight affair.

Its safe to say, if Utd lose the press will circle the wagons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Genuinely can't ever remember Spurs having a positive result at OT. Hard to see Mourinho and Co not having a positive reaction to last week's poor result. From a fantasy football perspective it would be great if De Gea could save a peno or two from Kane and Ericksen (this doesn't look right) gets the winner but I think 3-1 Utd.

Last three results were 1-0 to Utd, the two previous results to that were 2-1 and 3-2 to Spurs. There has been little enough in the fixture for a long time. The surprising thing is that they used to be high scoring open games but that hasn't been the case for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

A dire 1 nil win for United I'm going for. A Jose Mourinho tactical masterclass will get him through another week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Losing to Utd in Old Trafford is bottling it now? Huh, who knew :pac:

It'll be a low scoring game, with a 1-1 draw being my expected result. I know our record at Old Trafford is poor, but I'll be pretty disappointed if we lose, as i think we are more than capable of getting some sort of result against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jose usually gets a result when he badly needs one so I don't think they will lose tonight anyway. Might even sneak a narrow win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Handy 7-2 win for Spurs.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta say I fancy Spurs. United looked awful last week against Brighton. I can see Alli causing a lot of problems for the United defense tonight.

As Gav said above, the media will be all over this if United lose. I think a lot of their fans would be happy to see the back of Jose too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Kiith wrote: »
    Losing to Utd in Old Trafford is bottling it now? Huh, who knew :pac:

It'll be a low scoring game, with a 1-1 draw being my expected result. I know our record at Old Trafford is poor, but I'll be pretty disappointed if we lose, as i think we are more than capable of getting some sort of result against them.

It's a chance for Spurs to lay early claim to top 4 status, the timing could not be better considering United's timid, disjointed display v Seagulls.
    Expect Mourinho to rally the troops to a 1 all draw though.

Its lovely to have the points in the bag and a relaxing beer on a Monday night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dull snore inducing draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Is Sanchez playing tonight? If so I think he'll get the winner in a 1-0.... it's quite a Spursy thing to do after all - concede the winner to an ex-Gunner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Think Spurs will get the win tonight, United were poor last week and for large chunks of the Leicester game they were outplayed and I was impressed with Spurs coming firing back against Fulham after it went 1-1 last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Lukaku come out and put in a motm performance for a 2-0 united win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

It's Jose, it's a big team, I'd rather watch paint dry. Even the soaps will be more entertaining.

As for the result 1-0, 0-0 or 0-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Official team. De gea. Jones, matich smalling.
    Valencia, Fred. Herrera. Pogba, Shaw,
    Lingard lukaku

. Subs Grant, lidelorf young mctominey fellani Sanchez and rashford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Fromvert wrote: »
    Think Spurs will get the win tonight, United were poor last week and for large chunks of the Leicester game they were outplayed and I was impressed with Spurs coming firing back against Fulham after it went 1-1 last week.

I just can't see spurs winning this one, utd don't really get beat at home. 1-1 for me maybe 2-1 utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Lots of changes in the United team.

Valencia/Rose should be a good battle.

Neville suggesting Matic could start in a back three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Official spurs team.
    Lorris,
    Tripp, Jan. Toby. Rose.
    Dier Dembele
    Lucas Erickson alli.
    Kane,

Come on you spurs 100 % aggression and concentration don't ease up for a second

Sanchez dropped. I'm presuming he's fit as he's on the bench.

Bit of a flop since he joined Utd. Wenger get his peak years?

Thought he'd be decent in any team tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭tinpib

United have been terrible since beating City in early April. That is the tail end of last season, all pre season[going by the lads on the United thread] and both games this season.

I think some are in denial about the game against Leicester, United were dominated in the first half, better in the second.

So all logic says that this will continue tonight.

However, as someone else posted, Jose has a knack of getting wins in situations like this. When his back against the wall and all the odds are against him. Or at least he used to.

I really do think this is the game of no return for Jose. I could easily see it 0:0 at HT after a dour first half, then United sneaking 1 or possibly 2 in the second half, especially with Spurs poor record at OT and away against top 6 in general.

As a Liverpool fan I'd be happy enough if this happened as I want Jose to stay as long as possible as I believe he is destructive.

I really do think a win and a great attacking performance is beyond United at the moment, but if United do get a win it could start a narrative of the old Jose is back. However long that narrative would last would be something else.

A fascinating game for sure.

However if logic holds, which doesn't always happen in football, and Spurs win and perhaps win convincingly, I think it's only a matter of weeks before Jose leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Sanchez dropped. I'm presuming he's fit as he's on the bench.

Bit of a flop since he joined Utd. Wenger get his peak years?

Thought he'd be decent in any team tbh.

"Bit of a flop" is being kind. He's been absolutely attrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Very good in pre season. Terrible so far this season though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Spurs should be looking to win this. United were blessed to take all the points against Leicester who spurned good chances, and Brighton deservedly won last time. This Spurs side are better outfit than them and on paper look to be stronger than United. I can see Lucas Moura causing a lot of problems and I'm not convinced Fred will provide enough protection. I can see Shaw having a very tough evening.

I think this will be a 2-0 Tottenham win.

That's a strong Spurs side anyway, and is more attacking then i expected (thought it would be 3 at the back). Utd will play deep, but hopefully we turn up.
    Gonna change my bet and say Spurs to win 2-1. Optimistic, sure, but what the hell.

Lamela injured in the warm up, so that's a shame. He's a great impact sub.

You'd wonder how fit/match fit the likes of Matic, Valencia and possibly others are for United.

• Advertisement

utd 36% possession and to win 1:0 with a soft goal on the break after spurs centre halves miss an easy cross

The playing surface looks incredible. Imagine playing on that.

utd 36% possession and to win 1:0 with a soft goal on the break after spurs centre halves miss an easy cross

Ugh, that's something that's definitely possible :(

Kiith wrote: »
    Ugh, that's something that's definitely possible :(

I've the fear big time

niallo27 wrote: »
    The playing surface looks incredible. Imagine playing on that.

Ya, looks amazing. United's crappy surface due to lack of sunlight in the winter is a thing of the past now with UV lights.

Should be a yellow, even if he didn't make contact.

• Advertisement

couldve seen red tbj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,006 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yellow was fair, careless rather then vicious.

Better first touch and he’s through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So close. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Should ve scored

• Advertisement

Rose you idiot. very lucky there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Golden chance missed. Never even looked up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Oof, bad miss! That really has to be put away at every level.

messing round at the back and would be terrified to try the same up front

shaky start to the season from spurs

Spurs all over the place the last few minutes.

Shocking miss from lukaku. Really poor with an empty net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Spurs are brutal with the ball so far. Hold onto it for a bit ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Mourinho doesn’t look well. Looks like he hasn’t slept for 3 days.

Good first 20. We DO need to be more composed and more clinical in the final third, both in terms of passing and shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Spurs are brutal with the ball so far. Hold onto it for a bit ffs

United have started well. Playing much quicker than normal. But Lukaku with his usual miss as is becoming customary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement