Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs Spurs 20:00 Sky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,580 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I still believe that if you give Pep, Klopp or Pochetino this United squad that they’d get so much more from them. Mourinho trying to con people into thinking he has a poor squad is embarrassing.

A couple of consistently underperforming "superstars" aside, the squad is sh!te.

Young, Smalling, Jones, Valencia are barely PL relelgation fodder quality and have been hanging around like a bad smell since the Fergie days but are still arguably the strongest back 4 at the club.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Shows how right Jose was to plead for a proper defender, United centre backs all over the place. Woodward would want to have the balls to splash out for quality in January to keep them in the race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Anyone got a gif of the lad praying (and possibly crying) at 3-0 down in the 86th minute?!

ricero wrote: »
    Give it to Big Sam !

He's better than Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

GavRedKing wrote: »
    When was the last time Utd lost 3 0 at home?

In five minutes it will be 27/08/2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

NukaCola wrote: »
    Losing at home to Spurs isn't terrible by any stretch but this result does put big pressure on José, things aren't rosey off the field and its turning out to be a bit of a disaster on the pitch......not a good combo for any manager.

It’s the best spurs side in my lifetime, with an excellent manager, youthful, hungry and dynamic squad, while it’s no shame to loose, the manner and comprehensive nature of this loss and a zero out of ten rating in the second half in particular is of grave concern. Our two first choice center backs look done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

niallo27 wrote: »
    Losing is ok but being completely embarrassed and having the whole football world laughing at you is terrible in fairness.

haha the only thing separating these teams tonight is united brittleness in defense. United have been better in the majority of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Shows how right Jose was to plead for a proper defender, United centre backs all over the place. Woodward would want to have the balls to splash out for quality in January to keep them in the race

Do you honestly think they'll still be 'in the race' come January?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Big Sam spotted in manchester this evening having a pint and a curry in Wetherspoons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

At that stage it will be a race for top 4 and Jose could be out the door.

He missed a trick not listening in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

moyes \ LVG \ Jose...too big a job for them

jose has to go though, saw it at chelsea the way he lashed out, best for the club to find an interim manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

It's fcuking Spurs.

Sure fookin is!!

i never understood why he didnt address the defence first when he was originally appointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The penny must be finally dropping for Ed Woodward that signing those new sponsors can’t sort out that defence.

Big Sam spotted in manchester this evening having a pint and a of curry in Wetherspoons.

Fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

fullstop wrote: »
    Anyone got a gif of the lad praying (and possibly crying) at 3-0 down in the 86th minute?!

https://twitter.com/IanWright0/status/1034180146918510593?s=09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

At least Shaw has been good once again!! Gotta look at the positives!!

I’d like to think if Lukaku had put that chance away the result would have been different but with the amateur nature of our defense it would only have delayed the inevitable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That united top does Jones and Shaw no favours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This game will go down as a changing-of-the-guard moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I’d like to think if Lukaku had put that chance away the result would have been different

3-1??

appoint conte so chelsea can stop paying him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

United 0-3 Liverpool

United 1-6 City

Can't think of a worse home defeat in years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

In the race for what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why so much panic tonight among the United fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

GavRedKing wrote: »
    At that stage it will be a race for top 4 and Jose could be out the door.

He missed a trick not listening in the summer.

Ah look it's 3 games in I wouldn't be a fan of kneejerkism. Liverpool lost 5-0 and 4-1 to City and Spurs at the start of the season and did alright, Conte was about to get the sack after he lost 3-0 at home to Arsenal the year Chelsea dominated the league. Even Ferguson's United lost 6-1 to City and it kicked them into gear

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

3-0 at Old Trafford. Couldn't have imagined that result. Well deserved for Spurs in the 2nd. Very poor first half, but we wanted it so much more in the 2nd. Very clinical with our chances, and some really good performances, along with some not so good ones. United were very poor at the back, and will be kicking themselves for not going harder for Alerweireld. He would have sorted out a lot of their issues. Moura is some player, and i can't wait to see him progress through the year.

Absolutely delighted with that result :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Won’t be long before United make a move for Pochetino. Woodward and the Glazers will be looking at that knowing he spent nothing this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Mourinho is in a daze. He looks shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Is Jose saying goodbye to the 200 loyal Utd fans that stayed behind?

Playing up to the cameras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

I wouldn't be getting too excited over this result. Lads, it's United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Haunted look about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Jose has lost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Delighted for Spurs. One positive for United is Shaw, thought he was really good which is tough going considering what was beside him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

haha the only thing separating these teams tonight is united brittleness in defense. United have been better in the majority of the game

Better in the first half. Spurs better in the second. If Lukaku hadn't missed that early chance I think you win by three, Spurs were very poor early on and that would definitely have knocked them for 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

United should have been two up before the pen that should also have been given. Individual mistakes and poor defending costs Man U again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

At least Shaw has been good once again!! Gotta look at the positives!!

I’d like to think if Lukaku had put that chance away the result would have been different but with the amateur nature of our defense it would only have delayed the inevitable

The defense needs an overhaul and a striker who isn’t Lukaku.... .It’s one thing being beaten but the nature and comprehensive aspect of this loss is the critical factor... Jose has his head on the block now and if I woke up tomorrow with ‘vacancy’ written on his office door I wouldn’t blink..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Haunted look about him

Don't think he was lucky tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ah look it's 3 games in I wouldn't be a fan of kneejerkism. Liverpool lost 5-0 and 4-1 to City and Spurs at the start of the season and did alright, Conte was about to get the sack after he lost 3-0 at home to Arsenal the year Chelsea dominated the league. Even Ferguson's United lost 6-1 to City and it kicked them into gear

Id agree but Utd won't be in a title race race by the time the transfer window opens again, IMO.

• Advertisement

He just can’t resist getting in front of the cameras. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Ah look it's 3 games in I wouldn't be a fan of kneejerkism. Liverpool lost 5-0 and 4-1 to City and Spurs at the start of the season and did alright

October is the start of the season now? Who was sent off for United tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Must be a fake video because I heard after Ferguson retired that United aren't a sacking club and the fans have so much patience for a rebuild? Nah they're just like everyone else and most of their fans only knew sunshine and roses brought by Ferguson. Looking at manager number four in five years :pac:

Ah it's a possible fake video, fun slightly dampened!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

niallo27 wrote:
    Jose has lost it.

Did he take a selfie with Moura like those fans did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yeah I generally hate the over the top nature games like this bring about. It was even enough. Similar to Spurs Liverpool last year that ended 4-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Jose's post match interview should be interesting if he gives one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

For it's worth... I thought utd actually played well and were just caught out by a couple of individual mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

fullstop wrote: »
    ezgif-1-ccab8b72d6.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Spurs manager ironically would be ideal for United.

• Advertisement
Advertisement