Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Job After mortgage offer letter is issued

• 27-08-2018 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

My girlfriend and I are buying a house and the bank have approved and issued the offer letter. The solicitors are working with it now before the funds are drawn down.

My girlfriend has been given a great opportunity for a new job. She needs to accept it now or lose it. Will the bank have an issue with this? They required we both be working in permanent jobs before our initial approval. Does this still apply?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

In reality, I would think it would only be an issue if you had to extend your mortgage approval and had to submit salary certs etc again..

Although there may be something in the small print from the bank up until you start paying the mortgage..Solicitor might be best placed to advise you..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dano1066

UsBus wrote: »
    In reality, I would think it would only be an issue if you had to extend your mortgage approval and had to submit salary certs etc again..

Although there may be something in the small print from the bank up until you start paying the mortgage..Solicitor might be best placed to advise you..

Yea I was thinking the same. At this stage the bank are waiting for the solicitor to ask for the money. I'm sure they can't be doing regular checks on this stuff. Particularly when my girlfriends current account is with a different bank. They would need a human to be doing these checks. I'll have a word with thr solicitor and see what she thinks.

Advertisement