If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enquiry: pair of TVs

Options
  • 27-08-2018 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

[font=arial, sans-serif]Hi, I'm looking to get both an approx. 40inch and a 55inch TV. Former will be for a gym room where max wall width available is 980mm. Usage will be for TV and mainly for using Zwift cycling app - Apple TV runs this in 4K so I was thinking of going 4K to maximise the graphics, but then am not seeing that many 4K options in TVs under 40inches, is that because 1080p does similar job at that size?[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]55inch TV (or 50) will be temporarily placed in our open plan living room/kitchen. Finished building house recently and plan is to go with a Samsung Frame 55 or 65inch TV on that wall when funds are replenished, as the art will make a real feature on that wall and work well. So in the interim, the TV will go there, and then it'll be moved to our granny flat where it will then be used for the TV (mainly sports) and the Zwift cycling app (bike and turbo trainer will ultimately be moved from gym room to granny flat). Just thought giving the usage scenarios might be useful context when requesting recommendations - have bought from you a few times in the past and gotten on well. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Budget-wise, I have 800 euro available, though that'd need to include good wall mounts (though am happy to Amazon for these if it's hard to compete with, but value the 6-year warranty you can offer for the TV units). Thanks.[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

[font=arial, sans-serif]Hi, I'm looking to get both an approx. 40inch and a 55inch TV. Former will be for a gym room where max wall width available is 980mm. Usage will be for TV and mainly for using Zwift cycling app - Apple TV runs this in 4K so I was thinking of going 4K to maximise the graphics, but then am not seeing that many 4K options in TVs under 40inches, is that because 1080p does similar job at that size?[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]55inch TV (or 50) will be temporarily placed in our open plan living room/kitchen. Finished building house recently and plan is to go with a Samsung Frame 55 or 65inch TV on that wall when funds are replenished, as the art will make a real feature on that wall and work well. So in the interim, the TV will go there, and then it'll be moved to our granny flat where it will then be used for the TV (mainly sports) and the Zwift cycling app (bike and turbo trainer will ultimately be moved from gym room to granny flat). Just thought giving the usage scenarios might be useful context when requesting recommendations - have bought from you a few times in the past and gotten on well. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Budget-wise, I have 800 euro available, though that'd need to include good wall mounts (though am happy to Amazon for these if it's hard to compete with, but value the 6-year warranty you can offer for the TV units). Thanks.[/font]

Wanted to check if this was overlooked?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Wanted to check if this was overlooked?
    Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you

For the smaller of the two sets you have the Hisense 43a6200 at €419

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203451-402648.aspx

This is 970mm wide so should fit your space

For the larger set there is the Hisense 50a6200 at €529

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203450-402647.aspx

For the brackets we have the sanus vml5 for  €38.99, this will fit both TVs

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200142-vml5.aspx

Regards Stephen

Ghanks. Not familiar with Hisense but have seen it get good comments on AVForums: how do they stack vs LG/Samsung? If it’s a case of compromising too much to hit the budget, I would buy one better set now and another later. But if there’s not a huge amount between them and Hisense, I’d go for the two Hisense now.

I have a GBP Mastercard, can I order in sterling with delivery to Dublin?

For at least the 43inch set I need to mount it on an arm that I can move and tilt. Other one can be flat mounted though do need forward/back tilt.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ghanks. Not familiar with Hisense but have seen it get good comments on AVForums: how do they stack vs LG/Samsung? If it’s a case of compromising too much to hit the budget, I would buy one better set now and another later. But if there’s not a huge amount between them and Hisense, I’d go for the two Hisense now.

I have a GBP Mastercard, can I order in sterling with delivery to Dublin?

For at least the 43inch set I need to mount it on an arm that I can move and tilt. Other one can be flat mounted though do need forward/back tilt.

Thanks
    Frank,

thanks for the replies, I just noticed that Kenny quoted for a 50" rather than a 55" - to get a 40/43" and a 55" and brackets for under €800 is a bit of a challenge - but we can do the following:

Hisense 43A6200:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203451-402648.aspx

Hisense 55A6200:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203449-402645.aspx

You can include the following Sanus ( excellent quality) brackets:

for the fixed bracket for the 55" - Sanus VLL5:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12678-vll5.aspx

..and a cantilever bracket for the 43"- Sanus BMF220:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202747-bmf220-b1.aspx

The total retail is €1166 and the margin is tight on that bundle but we would be happy to do a Boards special at €1099 including delivery and our 6 year warranty on the 2 TV's.

On your other queries, No problem paying with Mcard in sterling or euro - if you wanted to pay in sterling it would be £949.

Hisense is an excellent brand, and bears comparison with LG / Samsung but of course you do have to take pricing into your consideration - if you look at most LG / Samsung's you will not get the same level of specification at the Hisense price - and as you know there is no such thing as a free lunch, however we do recommend Hisense and the quality is excellent - the only current issue we have with Hisense is that they do not have a service agent in the ROI so any warranty work has to be done in the UK and subsequently under the warranty we do need to have any ROI Hisense collected,meaning that the turnaround is linger than we would like..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks. I’ll be using a Logitech Harmony hub to control the sets. Do these units have IP control or require infrared control?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks. I’ll be using a Logitech Harmony hub to control the sets. Do these units have IP control or require infrared control?
    Infrared only 'fraid!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John, my bad, should have mentioned the need for IP control earlier. Had too many issues with Harmony not working well with IR to go down that road again. I can probably survive without IP control on the smaller set, but definitely would like to look at options for the larger set that have IP control. I'll then proceed to purchase at least one of the sets now and the other possibly later.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks John, my bad, should have mentioned the need for IP control earlier. Had too many issues with Harmony not working well with IR to go down that road again. I can probably survive without IP control on the smaller set, but definitely would like to look at options for the larger set that have IP control. I'll then proceed to purchase at least one of the sets now and the other possibly later.
    No worries FrankGrimes.

John is out of the office for a few days. 

I would have to do a bit more reading up on IP control before I could properly comment on which would work and which would not. Although from a quick Google search it seems that LG, Sony and Hisense can operate via IP Control and possibly Samsung.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.