Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early puberty ???

Options
  • 27-08-2018 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

My 7yo little girl has developed hair under her arms and small breast buds over the Summer :(

GP has referred her to an endocrinology clinic but am so worried about it.

Has anyone experience of puberty in a girl this early?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I started my period at 8, so would have had that kind of thing at 7 I guess! Can be completly normal, it was for me, and if she's on the chubbier side, puberty starts earlier.

Don't worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭ElizaBennett

I've been reading about this lately as I was concerned my partner's daughter may have it. She's 7 and he was saying she had underarm sweat smell (adult BO) which he was claiming was normal and I was assuring him definitely wasn't and that it might be a sign of precocious puberty. She doesn't have any other symptoms though. From what I read, these days with many girls having much earlier periods than their mum's generation, the first signs of puberty coming on at 7 and 8 is not necessarily a cause for concern and might still mean that full puberty won't happen for another two years. As other poster said, over weight girls are more likely to have their periods early. Basically, the whole idea of precocious puberty is now only an issue if the child showing signs is under the age of 7 so it could very well be that your little girl will have a completely normal experience with no side effects, albeit happening much earlier than you'd have liked. Best of luck

Advertisement