Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to come clean....

Options
  • 27-08-2018 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Some of the long termers might remember what has become one of the motorbikes forum myths and legends.....

A couple of years back a well known poster, KTRIC (me by the way) posted a picture of a 6 month old Ducati Diavel which caught fire in the Cooley Mountains on a weekend spin. The picture was pulled from a closed US forum and was from someone who tried to fix an older model Diavel and it caught fire due to an electrical fault.

At the time of the post here I was in the process of suing a certain Dublin dealer of American motorcycles here in Dublin for causing damage to my bike. His evidence in the court case was being pulled straight from my posts on boards.ie, so I wanted to lead him a little stray and prove he was leching on my posts due to his sleveen nature. The majority of the posts have since been deleted by Mods by my request. His staff put their foot in it when I arrived in the shop needing a new clutch on the bike and they were shocked that the bike was perfect.

So there ya have it. There was no fire :o

They're still shite though :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ha ha ha,

I remember the picture! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Is the case over? I'm really curious now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Pedro K wrote: »
    Is the case over? I'm really curious now!

Agreed out of court. Probably due to the fact both parties were sick of each other at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

D3V!L wrote: »
    Agreed out of court. Probably due to the fact both parties were sick of each other at that point.

At least it's done. I vaguely remember posts about some mechanical work done on an American bike that went terribly for you! Don't want to say much more in case I'm on the wrong story, or in case it messes up any agreements you might have out of court!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No way, lol! I was wondering about your luck with bikes after the Ducati! That makes more sense. So, you did get rid of the Ducati, but I'm guessing now that you just sold it as normal? I remember the serious fúcking around with the Harley.
    My 2 dealings with Ducati Dublin was going in asking about a Hypermotard and he tried (badly) to sell me a Multistrada, and emailing about parts I wanted to buy and getting zero reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Cienciano wrote: »
    No way, lol! I was wondering about your luck with bikes after the Ducati! That makes more sense. So, you did get rid of the Ducati, but I'm guessing now that you just sold it as normal? I remember the serious fúcking around with the Harley

The Ducati went back to the shop and was sold to another customer even after they thought it was a dickied up write off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

So confused now... if "Inception" was a forum post, this is it.

Advertisement