Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop up gazebo

Options
  • 27-08-2018 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, I was thinking of attaching a pop up gazebo to the front of my metal shed and bolting the feet to the concrete, but I don't think it would withstand the Irish winter. I was wondering if anyone has tried this, or anyone has any opinion on the matter. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

CYGNUS wrote: »
    Hi all, I was thinking of attaching a pop up gazebo to the front of my metal shed and bolting the feet to the concrete, but I don't think it would withstand the Irish winter. I was wondering if anyone has tried this, or anyone has any opinion on the matter. Thanks

It will get torn apart during a storm, has happened to a few gazebos on me, the feet that I had anchored in concrete were all that was left of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CYGNUS

Hi How.Gareth, I thought that would be the case, but sometimes you just need a second opinion. Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

don';t do it! as a former market trader trying to use a gazebo... One once walked me across the road at Killybegs..... they pack incredible wind power.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Surely you'd just take off the cover in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Lumen wrote: »
    Surely you'd just take off the cover in winter.

Defeats the whole purpose of leaving it up I reckon? It’s a pop up gazebo so a lot easier to just fold it up and put it in storage for the winter rather than taking the cover off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

https://www.poptents.eu

we got one of these for our cycling club - very sturdy you could bolt through the base of the legs, but you would probably end up tripping over the bolts !

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CYGNUS

Thanks for your replies

Advertisement