Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving usa new driver licence

Options
  • 27-08-2018 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Plan to go California February and rent a car. I'm over 25 but won't have a year experience of driving.
    It's vague if this will be an issue so has anyone any experience with a newly qualified driver.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It is entirely dependent on the car hire firm. You may need to look at student deals if under 30/35 as these sometimes allow you to drive without the 2 years (but usually do have an upper age limit)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Mod-Note:

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I've rented with Hertz in the US for many years and they never checked my license for experience or even asked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I've rented with Hertz in the US for many years and they never checked my license for experience or even asked.
    Hertz policy: An acceptable, valid driver's license issued from your country of residence must be presented at the time of rental. The driver's license must be valid for the entire rental period. Budget policy: Non-U.S. and non-Canadian residents are required to present a valid driver’s license and a passport from their home country... If you have indicated on your reservation that you are a non-U.S. resident, you must also present proof of your return trip back to your resident country. Enterprise policy: License must be issued from the Country of Residence. All drivers must have a valid non-expired driving license and photographic identification to be produced at the time of rental.

• Advertisement
Advertisement