Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STREETS OF RAGE 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Homelander wrote: »
    Is it cross platform play? Can't seem to find out from a quick google.
    Safe to assume not if it's not specifically mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Anyone else getting a bit hyped for this?

Only 2 days to go until we get another actual streets of rage game.

My nostalgia glands are going into overdrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyone else getting a bit hyped for this?

Only 2 days to go until we get another actual streets of rage game.

My nostalgia glands are going into overdrive!

Very excited. It looks like a lot of heart and soul has gone into this game and it looks great. Can't wait to pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Any idea what price this will be on the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Any idea what price this will be on the PS4?

€24.99 on all platforms.

• Advertisement

€24.99 on all platforms.

Be on sale in a month for a tenner I’d say but I can’t wait that long which is rarely say about a game.

I want this on launch.

Be on sale in a month for a tenner I’d say but I can’t wait that long which is rarely say about a game.

I want this on launch.

If you have an Xbox it will be on Game Pass from launch, not sure if it is also on Game Pass for PC.

Edit: It will also be available on Game Pass for PC.

If you have an Xbox it will be on Game Pass from launch, not sure if it is also on Game Pass for PC.

Edit: It will also be available on Game Pass for PC.

Ps4 for me I’m afraid.

All that stuff looks great and I’m glad it still happens but I’ve nowhere to put stuff these days so physical media is dead to me which is sad.

First physical media I used regularly was taped for music.

We had an Amstrad 6128 plus for games. It was disk so slightly more high tech than its 464 brother.

Then on to CD and DVD.

But yeah, small house and kids etc Spotify and PSN now rule the roost. Just cleaner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

It's on Steam, unlocking in 1 day 11 hours, but there's no price on it so it can't be pre-ordered. Never seen that before.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/985890/Streets_of_Rage_4/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Friend in states got me the Genesis edition.

It's on Steam, unlocking in 1 day 11 hours, but there's no price on it so it can't be pre-ordered. Never seen that before.

Think that happens on games that can't be preloaded, devs have to pay an extra fee for that afaik.

No sign of it on PS4 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Was hoping to play this tonight at midnight, but seems it's a midday Thursday unlock. Don't ye just hate when they do that

No sign of it on PS4 yet.

No preload, so no preorder. Will appear tomorrow when PSN is updated.

Out at 9AM BST(or local time) tomorrow on all platforms except PS4, which drops at midnight.

Might be worth downloading from the Aussie Xbox site to get it at 1am if you have Game Pass.

https://twitter.com/Dotemu/status/1255539793502572546?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Gawddamn it's beautiful!

Can’t wait for it, only waited 26 years! :D Gonna do a playthrough with Yuzo’s new soundtrack then a 2nd and 3rd with the 1 & 2 OSTS. Never ranked 3, bit too experimental for my taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Just finished a session with it there now. This isn't a tacky nostalgia cash grab. This is proper Streets of Rage. The combat feels so good and the music is unreal. I've only played it for over an hour and I think this game is worthy of the number 4, thus far. It's not easy though. Whatever way you played the original games, try and relearn your controls. I went in playing it as if I was playing the Mega Drive games (O to jump, X to attack, [ ] to hit a special attack) and it took a while to rewire my brain to the new input layout. In the original games, the attack button was also used to pick up items. This is not the case anymore. It now has its own command (in the PS4's case: the O button), so no more battering enemies and halfway accidentally picking up a knife I didn't want.

As I said this game isn't particularly easy. There are a few cheap enemies that take a minute to learn
    (the stun-gun cops and the shield cops are especially doing my head in)
    but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze.

I've been looking forward to this game for ages. I couldn't not get it on release, despite having a physical copy pre-ordered (which'll take 2 or 3 months to be manufactured and delivered). I love it. And I can't wait to play more tomorrow. If you're a Streets of Rage fan on the fence, get off the fence and buy this game. It's astounding.

Just finished a session with it there now. This isn't a tacky nostalgia cash grab. This is proper Streets of Rage. The combat feels so good and the music is unreal. I've only played it for over an hour and I think this game is worthy of the number 4, thus far. It's not easy though. Whatever way you played the original games, try and relearn your controls. I went in playing it as if I was playing the Mega Drive games (O to jump, X to attack, [ ] to hit a special attack) and it took a while to rewire my brain to the new input layout. In the original games, the attack button was also used to pick up items. This is not the case anymore. It now has its own command (in the PS4's case: the O button), so no more battering enemies and halfway accidentally picking up a knife I didn't want.

As I said this game isn't particularly easy. There are a few cheap enemies that take a minute to learn
    (the stun-gun cops and the shield cops are especially doing my head in)
    but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze.

I've been looking forward to this game for ages. I couldn't not get it on release, despite having a physical copy pre-ordered (which'll take 2 or 3 months to be manufactured and delivered). I love it. And I can't wait to play more tomorrow. If you're a Streets of Rage fan on the fence, get off the fence and buy this game. It's astounding.

You can change the controls to legacy which uses the 3 button layout. Switched region to Australia to download early on my Xbox.

Fyi it is a Game Pass for PC game available on Xbox via Xbox Anywhere so requires a PC or GPU sub to play without purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You can change the controls to legacy which uses the 3 button layout

Oh I know but it still has the controls swapped, unless they can be changed.

Intrigued by that glowing review. I thought there was a reason this genre died. I would have thought a streets of rage game would have a ceiling. The concept is very simple after all.

Might be unpopular opinion here but It looks meh tbh

Nothing really to reinvent the franchise

It's based on nostalgia and I enjoyed the old games at the time

Might be unpopular opinion here but It looks meh tbh

Nothing really to reinvent the franchise

It's based on nostalgia and I enjoyed the old games at the time

Exactly what I was thinking but that eurogamer review certainly has peaked my interest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Getting excellent reviews, brilliant to see! It seems to be across the board that they’ve improved the combat while retaining the feel of SoR.

Streets of Rage was a classic “play while pre-drinking” game for us years ago, and with quarantine we’ve recently replayed all of them over online co-op. Still a great way to kill an hour or two. Hyped to go through this one at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

It's up now on Nintendo store. 10% off, so €22.50. Between that and the positive review, kind of need to get it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I don't think it's pure nostalgia that is attractive about the game. More the fact that the genre is so niche these days that people who like it patch on to the best ones we can get.

I loved Dragons Crown with was released recently on the Pro and there is no nostalgia attached to that game. Going to get stuck in after breakfast now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Noob here, save me time plz.

How do I get this?

I bought PS4 a year ago especially for FFVII Remake (which is on its way, yeee).

Do I need playstation plus?

I make an account on the PS4 somewhere, it's still in its box, I never even took it out?

Advertisement