Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albufeira from the airport with kids

• 27-08-2018 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi,

Heading to Albufeira with the kids in late September and the mrs wants to bring the car seats but I cannot be dealing with it. Has anyone a contact for a good taxi crowd or even an ex-pat or local who does ferrying around for a bit of extra cash? Kids are 4 and 2 and we'd be looking to get to/from Faro Airport and more than likely a few runs in and out of the town some of the days. We're staying about a 45 minute walk away from the old town.

Thanks in advance for any advise or

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Horusire

Was there in July. Can't comment on the car seat situation but we used UBER for flying around. It was way cheaper than taxis and you could quickly get picked up.

Install the app on your smartphone. To us it was a god send.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

For the airport run try Yellowfish. I used them before and thought they were good.

Uber is dirt cheap but no guarantee of child seats. There are a million transfer companies that allow you to request child seats such as Sunfish mentioned above. We use faroshuttlebus.com regularly and they're decent and cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

yabadabado wrote: »
    For the airport run try Yellowfish. I used them before and thought they were good.

I would definitely recommend Yellowfish also, used them twice, air conditioned cars with bottles of water. Check online before booking as I usually find a 10% off discount code.

EDIT: read it wrong..doh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I've used ShuttleDirect from Faro to Albuferia the past 4 years (my parents the same also). ShuttleDirect use GreenBus in Portugal. They have an option for child seats iirc and cheaper than YellowFish usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

For the Airport runs I would recommend Yellowfish transfers.
    We've used them numerous times and were very happy with them.
    They have supplied us with various different sizes and types of child seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 st1903

Yellowfish were good alright for the airport transfers. We just had to tell them we needed a child seat when booking. Then for local transport taxis were fine with kids sitting on parents laps if they're small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Another vote for shuttle direct. Yellow fish good too though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Yellowfish all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ms34

thanks for all the replies folks. I guess once we have the transfer from the airport sorted we can figure out the rest when we're there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

+1 for yellowfish . The guy driving us was great ,took the time to make sure the kids were sitting correctly and securely before we took off . Felt very safe . Would recommend .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭unichick

Hello I was just in Albufeira in August with our 20 month old & 4 year old. We discovered a great company over there called iCab transfers. English brilliant, very friendly drivers & provided car seats every journey we took with them. Highly recommend. We had issues with yellowfish last year & found Portuguese taxi drivers very aggressive. This company really helped take any transport problems away. They are a small enough company & new enough. We used them for day trips too along with airport transfers. Great reviews on tripadvisor including mine:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g189116-d12150309-Reviews-ICAB_Transfers_no_hidden_costs-Faro_Faro_District_Algarve.html?m=19905

unichick wrote: »
    Hello I was just in Albufeira in August with our 20 month old & 4 year old. We discovered a great company over there called iCab transfers. English brilliant, very friendly drivers & provided car seats every journey we took with them. Highly recommend. We had issues with yellowfish last year & found Portuguese taxi drivers very aggressive. This company really helped take any transport problems away. They are a small enough company & new enough. We used them for day trips too along with airport transfers. Great reviews on tripadvisor including mine:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g189116-d12150309-Reviews-ICAB_Transfers_no_hidden_costs-Faro_Faro_District_Algarve.html?m=19905

Thanks for this. Sounds like this could be exactly what we're after

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭slystallone

Hi, we were there for a wedding and the bride/groom had arranged a taxi for us when we arrived at he airport. After that the concierge in the hotel recommended someone and we kept their details and just rang them anytime we needed them. I've had a look but I can't find the number. Sorry.

Advertisement