Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir coverage Greystones

Options
  • 27-08-2018 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Why can I get no 4g coverage anywhere in Greystones? I signed up for Eir 30-day Connect on the understanding that 25gb of data and 4g coverage were included. Best I can seem to get is H+ or 3g outdoors in Greystones town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Edgar_Murl wrote: »
    Why can I get no 4g coverage anywhere in Greystones? I signed up for Eir 30-day Connect on the understanding that 25gb of data and 4g coverage were included. Best I can seem to get is H+ or 3g outdoors in Greystones town.

Hi Edgae_Murl,

I'm afraid we can’t fully guarantee coverage. Coverage in your house can vary depending on the type of building. Speeds may also vary depending on location, you can view the coverage map here

Sometimes your phone can try to stay connected to a cell a little further away from you. Normally, your phone will automatically disconnect from the further away connection and make a better connection to a closer cell. If your phone is switched on all the time it finds it harder to do this, so it’s important to give it a little boost by switching it off every so often.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Edgar_Murl

Thank you Tracey. Your reply was helpful in identifying the source of the problem. I reset my Samsung Galaxy phone to LTE settings, restarted it, and hey presto! The 4g connection came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Edgar_Murl wrote: »
    Thank you Tracey. Your reply was helpful in identifying the source of the problem. I reset my Samsung Galaxy phone to LTE settings, restarted it, and hey presto! The 4g connection came up.
    No problem at all, glad I could help you. 

I'm delighted to hear your service is back up and running again :)

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement