Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 4200 SPC connect

Options
  • 27-08-2018 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Evening all,

I have a Siemens SPC 4200 which I intend to install at home shortly. I have updated the firmware to the latest 3.8 from the Vanderbilt website and managed to get SPC connect setup on PC. I'm having trouble with trying to get the panel to connect onto my network though, it doesn't have an Ethernet connection on the panel but I have options in SPC connect to connect via USB etc. Page 118 of the SPC 42xx manual shows how to forward the USB connection over the network but I'm using Windows 7 pro so I'm not sure what the procedure is. Any suggestions would be great, running out of ideas now! Just to add- I would like to make use of the Android app! Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need an Spc43xx panel. The 42xx does not have that feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pf31094

Thanks for your reply Koolkid. That's a shame, maybe I'll have to look at upgrading it to a 43xx panel. Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this panel new.?
    Your supplier may let you change it.

Yes, brand new. I don't think I'll be able to swap it as I'd purchased it last year to upgrade a Honeywell panel (never went ahead)
    Is there an unofficial way to do it through the USB port? Com to net converter? Cheers

Not that I have seen.
    You can set up a dial up connection via GSM dialler but that's going to cost more than the new panel.

• Advertisement

May just go ahead and purchase a new panel then. What about soldering an Ethernet socket to the board? The solder points are there and 3.8 shows Ethernet options etc

Even if all the hardware is there it would be probably blocked by the licence key in the panel.

Advertisement