Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should i get a sniper as my first gun?

Options
  • 27-08-2018 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

They're usually cheaper than aegs and I love bolt action rifles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

100% no, not in Ireland. On the continent you've got 600fps boltys so theres a range advantage but here they're limited just the same as the ARP that's gonna put 25-30rps into you. Thats a big caveat that only experienced players can overcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lelop

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My default suggestion would be a G&G CM line like the CM16.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I wouldn't ,I went from aeg to bolt action and back to aegs ,
    You will find yourself out gunned and ranged for the most part till you invest in decent upgrades and learn some field craft ,
    I'd be look into maybe a DMR platform ,something like a cyma M14 or cyma Ak platforms cheap , reliable and very solid and reliable ,easy enough to upgrade too ,
    But either get to an Airsoft site or shop to try various platforms and see what you like and how they handle first before spending any money first

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭MichaelDevers

As the previous guys have already pointed out, don't start off with a bolt action. You're better off to purchase a mid-priced AEG, such as the Combat Machines by G&G or the CYMA AK series that ED E and Gatling have mentioned. The Specna Arms have seem to become very popular as well that you have linked, so there probably worth looking into as well.

Personal Experience - Started off with a CyberGun FAMAS about 10 / 11 Years ago. Thought that using a bolt action would be way better and sold off the AEG. Although the TM VSR G-Spec was extremely good for what it was, I swapped back to an AEG after a year or so as I was pretty much out-matched by semi and full auto AEGs.

• Advertisement

Thank you all, I really like the idea of a DMR and ill get an M14 I think. Sad there's no cheal FAL's or L1A1's.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭MichaelDevers

lelop wrote: »
    Thank you all, I really like the idea of a DMR and ill get an M14 I think. Sad there's no cheal FAL's or L1A1's.

I believe Jing Gong (JG) made a FAL of some specific type. Whether or not they still produce them, I couldn't tell. If you really want a FAL, check around in Ireland first, ask a retailer and see if there able to get something for you. Worst comes to worst, check other retailers in Europe and see what you can find or go with an M14 as an alternative.

As far as I know, Ares produces a FAL with black and wood furniture. I wouldn't call them cheap though, but probably worth the money in the long run.

Yeah, Ares ones go for 550 on SG Airsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Of the FAL types the ZL (ZL-SA58) Version will provide the best bang for your buck. It's a high quality direct clone of the classic army sa 58

Advertisement