Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bride cancels wedding after guests won't pay for it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That can't actually be for real.

Can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Sounds like a load of made up bull**** this one tbh. Though I know some real life bridezillas close to home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I think it's safe to say the groom dodged a bullet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Aruba is a part of the Netherlands Kingdom, not part of Venezuela..."Journalists" these days:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Can it?
    An American using UK English spellings makes it just that bit less believable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I'm calling fake. Has a young child but is going off backpacking for months alone? Doesn't ring true to me.

TheChizler wrote: »

Can it?
    An American using UK English spellings makes it just that bit less believable...

I thought that myself. And the yanks don’t normally use the c runt word either.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

Apparently it was on a social media site for 15 mins then deleted. The bridesmaids were expected to cough up 5k? Insane I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'm usually okay okay to accept these things with a pinch on salt - but I call bull****!

There was a better thread on here a while back about what people should give for a gift over here. Some people were saying over a 100 quid each. I find the whole thing disgusting tbh.

There appears to be little to do with love in a wedding nowadays and more to do with a business transaction. Modern weddings are horrible bullsitty things in general. Went to one that didn’t take itself seriously and it was bearable. The rest was like ch8nese water torture...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

To paraphrase the star wars guy: "You can write this **** George, but you can't say it..."

That whole thing is fake as hell, it does not at all read as something written genuinely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

As the late Albert Reynolds was overhead to say many years ago...

"That's women for ya!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

There are plenty of people with her attitude. It really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that this could be real. This part in particular confirmed it for me though -

Susan’s partner still wanted to get married despite not being able to afford the grand wedding they had envisioned, so he suggested eloping to Las Vegas.

‘I laughed in his face but he was dead serious,’ she said.

‘He wanted those cheap, raggedy, filthy, whore-like Vegas weddings. I mean what the f*ck, was he out of his mind? Am I some Hooch piece of f*cking trash, a hooker?’ ‘My ex left the room and didn’t apologise for his horrid suggestion. I then called my maid of honour and cried my eyes out.

‘Instead of sympathy, I was told I was asking for way too much and I should stick to my budget.

I just wanted to be a Kardashian for a day and then live my life like normal. I called her a filthy f*cking poor excuse of a friend and hung up.’

Clearly not the most mature individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

There are plenty of people with her attitude. It really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that this could be real. This part in particular confirmed it for me though -

Clearly not the most mature individual.

That’s odd. Your quote spelt honour as honour, the tweet spelt it as honor. I don’t see too many britishisms except maybe the use of horrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Looks fake as fook - way too try-hard. Similar style to the articles in The Sunday Sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

timthumbni wrote: »
    I thought that myself. And the yanks don’t normally use the c runt word either.

Funnily enough I have noticed them using it more often lately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Aruba is a part of the Netherlands Kingdom, not part of Venezuela..."Journalists" these days:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Looks fake as fook - way too try-hard. Similar style to the articles in The Sunday Sport.

I just thanked you for your username, to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

It seems so over blown it has to be take I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭AustinLostin

Can it?

I dunno, like it was on facebook. Someone posted it on facebook. Thats serious. People don't lie on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

I don't like weddings, and I'm trying to think of any male friends I have who had a wedding because they wanted all that nonsense. It seems it's usually just done to appease the bride. I nearly got married myself after being given an ultimatum of marry me or else but thankfully it never happened.
    Can all of us men not just join together and refuse to have anything to do with them any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Weddings, where one has to pretend they were happy to be invited but wish they had been left off the list.

Her ex-boyfriend and best friend at least got an escape plan from her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I think it's safe to say the groom dodged a bullet there.

A bullet? Think he dodged a full blown atomic weapon.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I saw it on the Daily Mail too so it must be true.

I refuse to believe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anyone who thinks that's real should get a 1 month ban from the site. That should teach them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I dunno, like it was on facebook. Someone posted it on facebook. Thats serious. People don't lie on facebook.

But....then everyone clapped?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Susan’s partner still wanted to get married despite not being able to afford the grand wedding they had envisioned, so he suggested eloping to Las Vegas.

‘I laughed in his face but he was dead serious,’ she said.

‘He wanted those cheap, raggedy, filthy, whore-like Vegas weddings. I mean what the f*ck, was he out of his mind? Am I some Hooch piece of f*cking trash, a hooker?’

What an absolute mentellar.

Thinks she has class and comes off looking like trash. It's almost poetic.

Can't be real, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Knex. wrote: »
    What an absolute mentellar.

Thinks she has class and comes off looking like trash. It's almost poetic.

Can't be real, right?
    Of course not. There's no textspeak/emoji sh*te, which someone who says "I wanted to be a Kardashian for a day" would be pathologically incapable of omitting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Where is her father in all this I want to know. He should step up to his responsibilities and pay for. For her part, no woman should expect a wedding beyond what her father can afford to give her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There was a gimmick a company started where the couple would post activities and items the guests were to crowd fund, beyond any gifts. 'A fancy meal for Johnny and Mary'. 'A day trip on a yacht for Johnny and Mary'. The practice may happen but I haven't heard of the company since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've seen this story do the rounds hard to know if it's true.
    Some people make a massive ordeal out of planning weddings. When there's no real need. The weddings I find people enjoy the most are when people keep it local(Where possible) and they've good enough food. Lots of flapping around about things that aren't needed or speeding ages picking them out.
    Have the wedding you can afford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

What does the husband have to say here?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What does the husband have to say here?
    With this particular type of nutcase, he'll have no say about anything regarding the wedding and precious little to say after it. After she gets up the duff it'll be nookie once a year, or until she wants another baby that looks good on her Facebook page. The husband will be like the organic hand painted made from recycled yak droppings wallpaper in the background, out of focus.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Blatantly made up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement