Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Visa Question

• 28-08-2018 8:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking into the possibility of travelling to Spain next year for about 12 months. I'm open to studying Spanish and working part time as well as working full time too and I'm unsure what sort of visa an Irish citizen needs to apply for the above.

I've reached out to the Spanish Embassy but thought I would also ask here as well.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm looking into the possibility of travelling to Spain next year for about 12 months. I'm open to studying Spanish and working part time as well as working full time too and I'm unsure what sort of visa an Irish citizen needs to apply for the above.

I've reached out to the Spanish Embassy but thought I would also ask here as well.

Thanks in advance.

You don't need a visa
    You really need to read up on the benefits of EU membership!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

You don't need a visa
    You really need to read up on the benefits of EU membership!

Cheers for the reply! I originally thought that myself but then someone told me over the weekend that if I was staying longer than 90 days and wanted to work I’d need one. Happy days, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Some countries such as France, Italy and Spain require hotels to collect guests details each night of their stay. There is also a requirement for each person to carry ID with them at all times such as a passport but this is very rarely enforced by the police. You can easily check this out in the local council offices when you get into Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭volchitsa

doolox wrote: »
    Some countries such as France, Italy and Spain require hotels to collect guests details each night of their stay. There is also a requirement for each person to carry ID with them at all times such as a passport but this is very rarely enforced by the police. You can easily check this out in the local council offices when you get into Spain.

Wait what? The police take the names of every visitor in every hotel every night?
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of North Korea?

(I've never stayed in a hotel anywhere that I didn't have to give my name and iirc home address, so I assume you must mean something a bit more radical than that.)

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

volchitsa wrote: »
    Wait what? The police take the names of every visitor in every hotel every night?
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of North Korea?

(I've never stayed in a hotel anywhere that I didn't have to give my name and iirc home address, so I assume you must mean something a bit more radical than that.)
    Since the Madrid Bombings, yes, they take all this info. More accurately, the hotels/hostels/etc. forward the info at check-in.

Spain might require you to do some sort of residency registration/permit type thing for stays over a certain length and for certain purposes. Usually just a bureaucratic exercise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement