Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peculiar, maybe dodgy phone calls

• 28-08-2018 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Over recent weeks my wife has received 3/4 phone calls purporting to be from EIR, these offered significant benefits if I changed to them. To-day i took one of these calls, the very foreign sounding caller sttarted of by saying I should change to them and this was the last day to avail of their big discount. I told him I had a contract with another ISP which had a year to run. he said this didn't matter as I could still pay them but would be an EIR client. Told him that I could not consider his proposal until I had separately researched it and found it to be genuine. Sounds like a load of BS (Codswallop) to me.
    Can anyone throw some light on this. Is it a widepread practice?
    P.S. They were all landline calls.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

TAPlank wrote: »
    Over recent weeks my wife has received 3/4 phone calls purporting to be from EIR, these offered significant benefits if I changed to them. To-day i took one of these calls, the very foreign sounding caller sttarted of by saying I should change to them and this was the last day to avail of their big discount. I told him I had a contract with another ISP which had a year to run. he said this didn't matter as I could still pay them but would be an EIR client. Told him that I could not consider his proposal until I had separately researched it and found it to be genuine. Sounds like a load of BS (Codswallop) to me.
    Can anyone throw some light on this. Is it a widepread practice?
    P.S. They were all landline calls.
    Hi TAPlank, 

We are aware of these types of scam calls going around, this sounds like it was one of them. You can view all details here

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement