Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non water Cleansers breaking me out!

Options
  • 28-08-2018 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend cleanser I can use that doesn't need water that won't break me out?

I've used fancy Lancome cream cleansers, Miscellar water(Bioderma) , face wipes(simple), they all give me horrible deep acne, it's painful as well as gross.

I need a quick option for when I don't have a sink/shower!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Clarins do a cream cleanser that is very good. Garnier also do a similar one that's brilliant as well and much cheaper. If you have very sensitive skin, olive oil can be great for removing make up but I always wash my skin after.

I personally can't use any make up wipes on my skin with out them burning it, so maybe you need to try products that have a lot less alcohol and chemicals in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

What about waterwipes for babies? I often use them, and they seem to work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Dinkie wrote: »
    What about waterwipes for babies? I often use them, and they seem to work well.

Would they remove makeup?

ace_irl wrote: »
    Clarins do a cream cleanser that is very good. Garnier also do a similar one that's brilliant as well and much cheaper. If you have very sensitive skin, olive oil can be great for removing make up but I always wash my skin after.

I personally can't use any make up wipes on my skin with out them burning it, so maybe you need to try products that have a lot less alcohol and chemicals in them?

Which Garnier Cleanser? I know they have a few.

I was mainly using wipes when I go to the gym after work - pre workout, I thought excersize was causing the breakouts initially!!

It's the Garnier soft skin milk, it comes in a few different colours, the pink one is for sensitive skin.

• Advertisement

It's the Garnier soft skin milk, it comes in a few different colours, the pink one is for sensitive skin.

It has alcohol in it, the Garnier rose toner broke my sister out and we think it's the alcohol denat in it!

Skincare is such minefield - my face is in bits from the Bioderma sensitive. I usually wash my face or use a toner so it removes the some of the Micellar water but forgot to and I've three breaks outs :(

Any cure for breakouts? I'm applying sudacrem and teatree oil liberally. I might try some fake tan too because then general drys my skin which actually helps with spots :(

Toner and cleanser are very different products, I can't use any toners on my skin, have you come across one with no alcohol in it? I'd be interested in trying it if you have?

It is such a minefield, I've recently been using La Roche Posay (however it's spelt) and it's been really good for my breakouts, probably the best I've tried.

Honestly break outs are very case specific, sudacream can be good but I find you can only leave it on for so long and it works best when the break out is like a sore.

I like to do oil facials, so I clean my skin with water and then massage olive oil into it, let it sink in for a few mins and then gentelly remove the excess with a warm muslin cloth. That really helps my skin.

Another thing is maybe try patch testing products before you use them on your whole face, it might help minamise senstivity

Toner and cleanser are very different products, I can't use any toners on my skin, have you come across one with no alcohol in it? I'd be interested in trying it if you have?

It is such a minefield, I've recently been using La Roche Posay (however it's spelt) and it's been really good for my breakouts, probably the best I've tried.

Honestly break outs are very case specific, sudacream can be good but I find you can only leave it on for so long and it works best when the break out is like a sore.

I like to do oil facials, so I clean my skin with water and then massage olive oil into it, let it sink in for a few mins and then gentelly remove the excess with a warm muslin cloth. That really helps my skin.

Another thing is maybe try patch testing products before you use them on your whole face, it might help minamise senstivity

I mean the toners remove the residue and help usually, I have toners that cause no issues.

I didn't get on with LRP Effaclar Duo, it caused more acne long term by increasing oil production in my skin.

I use oil and gel cleaners usually - I'm just looking for an alternative for when I can't get to hot water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

To take off my make I use a balm am using a trilogy one at the moment. And rose water as toner.

If I'm lazy, rose water on a facecloth. Any wipes I've used caused cystic acne.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Wipes are just awful.
    If you think about the chemicals they use to ensure that they stay moist without going mouldy in the packet, can you imagine what that does to your skin?

Can you not use a small damp face cloth in a bag that you rinse/wash daily? Also, the Lacura hot cloth cleanser from Aldi is really nice.

• Advertisement

I use a different LRP face wash, I'm not sure of the name, it's a gel wash that lightly foams on your skin. It's been fantastic on my skin.

Is it just to take your make up off when you're at the gym? Surely they have a sink you can use?

You could try having a little spray bottle of water with you, I know it wont be hot but it might do the job coupled with whatever cleanser you like to use normally.

Have you tried the Garnier Miscellar water? I like to pop it in the travel size one about 2/3 of the way up and then top off with plain water. That might help with cleansing and skin irritation.

I have cleansers that I use and get on with great - Oskia and Aldi HCC, no problem with them breaking me out, love them both (Oskia as a bit of a treat!)

But I'll be traveling in a few months and am looking for an alternative for when I'm stuck and can't wash my face at a sink.

The Garnier Miscellar water seems to break me out too, I don't get on with Miscellar water in general unless I wash it afterwards, ie. use it to pre cleanse.

Leaving makeup on my skin doesn't even cause me any breakouts!

Advertisement