Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

402 bus from Shangort Road into town at 8 in the morning

Options
  • 28-08-2018 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has experience of getting the bus Éireann 402 bus from Shangort Road into town at 8 in the morning. According to the timetable it should be in town by 8:30 but Kingston / Taylor’s hill is very busy at that time so I was wondering if the traffic affects the time.
    My daughter will be getting the bus to Taylor’s hill. She needs to be there for 9 so I’m trying to work out if she needs to get the 8 or 8:30 bus. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Julabo

Jgordo wrote: »
    Hi. Just wondering if anyone has experience of getting the bus Éireann 402 bus from Shangort Road into town at 8 in the morning. According to the timetable it should be in town by 8:30 but Kingston / Taylor’s hill is very busy at that time so I was wondering if the traffic affects the time.
    My daughter will be getting the bus to Taylor’s hill. She needs to be there for 9 so I’m trying to work out if she needs to get the 8 or 8:30 bus. Thanks.

The 0800 gets to Taylor's around 0820 during school time. Then takes around another 15 minutes to get into town.

I do not know about the 0830.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Julabo wrote: »
    The 0800 gets to Taylor's around 0820 during school time. Then takes around another 15 minutes to get into town.

I do not know about the 0830.

The 08h30 is slower as the PEAK CAR SCHOOL traffic is in full flow :D, takes same length of time as walking from Shangort. 30 mins
    I wish I could recommend to Cycle it, but the Kingston Road is impossible to navigate by bike during those hours. If only there was a walking and cycling route the other side of the wall at the Golf Course.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I wish I could recommend to Cycle it, but the Kingston Road is impossible to navigate by bike during those hours. If only there was a walking and cycling route the other side of the wall at the Golf Course.

However there is footpath the full length of the road. It's perfectly safe to walk. 2.8km if you're going to the very top of Shangort.

Not sure why anyone would invest in a vehicle for this when walking is so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

However there is footpath the full length of the road. It's perfectly safe to walk. 2.8km if you're going to the very top of Shangort.
    Not sure why anyone would invest in a vehicle for this when walking is so easy.
    You must have missed the line where I said
    "
    takes same length of time as walking from Shangort. 30 mins
    "
    Anyhow - its not perfectly safe - Council had to install plastic bollards at the top of Threadneedle Road as Cars were mounting the footpaths.

Why would one invest in a vehicle? Usually speed and convenience. For example a bicycle would allow one to cycle that route at off peak times when the road is clear in 7-8 mins(a little longer for the return journey). By car; 4-5mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Jgordo wrote: »
    This is the topic for this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I would get the 8:00 bus. 8:30 is cutting it tight. She still has to walk down Rosary Lane, go to her locker and so on. From experience, they also like to catch up with their friends gefore school starts.

Advertisement