Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever heard of "Blood Street"? Kilkenny people on Waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Cabaal wrote: »
    Deiseen wrote: »
    Lads, if you cannot see that this Kilkenny journal guy is causing damage to Kilkenny then there's no point in discussing. You seem more annoyed with me for saying it.

The guy who the more air time you give to the more you benefit him, he is best off ignored and nobody should even comment on his website/facebook page etc
    I haven't visited his website and don't plan on it. But people obviously are and he has the word "Kilkenny" plastered all over his garbage. Also, until it was explained to me, I thought it was one of the local newspapers like the Waterford Today/News and Star/Munster Express/Waterford Mail! So if one of your neighbors thinks its a local paper then the whole country obviously does too.
    You really need to sort this fella out because he is starting to give the place a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Well that's the most racist page I've seen on Facebook the past while... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Lads, if you cannot see that this Kilkenny journal guy is causing damage to Kilkenny then there's no point in discussing. You seem more annoyed with me for saying it.

Would I be right in saying that he's committed the Streisand effect?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Finnbar01 wrote: »

Would I be right in saying that he's committed the Streisand effect?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

I think you would be very right. Great to know that there's a name for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

beazee wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/KilkennyJournal/posts/1802383139829018

Ladies, lock yourselves at homes, for your own safety.

John Street has a terrible reputation for safety. I hear that all the time from locals. Whether or not it is true is a different matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

robp wrote: »
    John Street has a terrible reputation for safety. I hear that all the time from locals. Whether or not it is true is a different matter.

Which John Street?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

This last post shows that this thread has little if anything to do with Waterford and is causing confusion. John Street Kilkenny is the Blood Street in question. This s***e should be relegated ASAP to the Kilkenny forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

robp wrote: »

Make a sweeping statement. Back it up with reputable sources. The distance yourself with a cop out. What was the point in posting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

azimuth17 wrote: »
    This last post shows that this thread has little if anything to do with Waterford and is causing confusion. John Street Kilkenny is the Blood Street in question. This s***e should be relegated ASAP to the Kilkenny forum.

Well, the OP didn't realise that !
    He caused the confusion, and others that commented didn't cop that its John st Kilkenny, not John st in Waterford .... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The OP didn't realize the article related to John street in Kilkenny, I'm not sure how that happened if OP read the article but sure look ....

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
Advertisement