Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Cheque

Options
  • 28-08-2018 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. I finally received a compensation cheque from Ryanair but my bank in Spain would not accept it. I work part-time in Spain and will not be home in Ireland until Christmas. 
    The cheque is dated 27/7/2018. Will it still be valid and can I lodge it between 21st and 31st Dec. 2018?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Isn't a cheque valid for 6 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there backbencher,

A cheque is valid for 6 months from the date it is issued.

You could also post this cheque to your branch with a cover letter that includes your name, your account details, a contact number and your signature.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 2 backbencher

... thanks for the information.. I have offline for a while here !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi. I finally received a compensation cheque from Ryanair but my bank in Spain would not accept it. I work part-time in Spain and will not be home in Ireland until Christmas. 
    The cheque is dated 27/7/2018. Will it still be valid and can I lodge it between 21st and 31st Dec. 2018?

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. If you have an account with Bank of Ireland you will certainly be able to lodge this to your account. The cheque is valid for 6 months from the date that is written on the cheque so this should not be a problem for you. Please feel free to get in touch with us if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks, Jen.

Advertisement