Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike RTA in UK. Personal Injury Claim.

• 28-08-2018 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

While on a motorbike trip to the UK my partner fell from her bike as a result of having to brake heavily when a vehicle pulled out from a side road. While the bike was not extensively damaged our insurers have agreed to repatriate it as she was unable to continue due to her injuries. As this happened only last week we are still in the initial stages of pursuing the claims. She is attending her doctor today with a view to recieving a more definitive diagnosis of her injuries as she was too sore to extend her arm when brought to A+E in the UK. She will miss at least a week from work as a result of her injuries so that will also be a consideration.
    The other driver seemed to initially take full responsibility for their actions and I currently have no indication of any change of heart there. The attending Police officer was also of the opinion that this was the fault of the other driver.
    I am wondering has anyone had any experience of pusuing personal injuries claims in the UK from here. I am reading that the process is covered by the Fourth Motor Insurance Directive which allows a claim to be made from an accident which happens in any (current) EU state.
    Any advice or direction at this early stage of the process would be gratefully recieved? Also personal experiences which might give some indication of potential timelines.

Advertisement