Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racist incident in Kilkenny involving Rose of Tralee.

• 28-08-2018 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Is John St in Kilkenny really as dodgy as it is being made out to be?

It's such a pity to see incidents like this happening in 2018 in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

The biggest issue here is how is someone like the Rose of Tralee in a chipper at that time of night? ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ Thought they were all about world peace, etc......

But in all seriousness this crap shouldn't be tolerated. From listening to pieces on the radio about it there is now law currently available in Ireland under which to prosecute.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Verbal assault is still assault - if someone is intimidated and fears for their own safety then they can claim assault (afaik)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

comeraghs wrote: »
    Is John St in Kilkenny really as dodgy as it is being made out to be?

It's such a pity to see incidents like this happening in 2018 in Ireland.

Really varies. John st can be like Beiruit on some nights where it's genuinely intimidating and scary. Other nights then quiet as anywhere else. It's definitely worse up the top end from Langtons to the traffic lights. Some very rough pubs and venues along there attracting far more than just dodgy locals. That's where the take away is where this incident happened and I'm not surprised as there's regularly guys just looking for trouble/fights there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Had you expierence with dodgy locals up there, I often frequented pubs around there never had a problem some genuine people drink up there in Byrnes, Burkes, Egans, the continent as it is called.What happens is bus loads of people are bused into kilkenny let off at the traffic lights Mcdonagh junction they are hardly able to stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Gaspode wrote: »
    Verbal assault is still assault - if someone is intimidated and fears for their own safety then they can claim assault (afaik)

Did she even call the Gardai? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Did she even call the Gardai? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

It did say they were investigating so I assume so at some stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

road_high wrote: »
    It did say they were investigating so I assume so at some stage?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

road_high wrote: »
    Really varies. John st can be like Beiruit on some nights where it's genuinely intimidating and scary. Other nights then quiet as anywhere else. It's definitely worse up the top end from Langtons to the traffic lights. Some very rough pubs and venues along there attracting far more than just dodgy locals. That's where the take away is where this incident happened and I'm not surprised as there's regularly guys just looking for trouble/fights there.

Surely the Gardai should keep an eye on the place if it's that bad. Never thought of Kilkenny as being big enough to have that many dodgy places.

Advertisement